+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

look at this from maxx to me

rahvin wrote:
    Maxxthepenguin wrote:
    Lordwafik wrote:
    If there was no drama, this forum would be dead.

QFT

As much as you guys think I'm just a guy who started posting suddenly, I've been reading these forums for a LONG time. Honestly, people on forums love having a common enemy to flame to shit. Its honestly fun to flame people on forums, I've done it a lot. I've seen MUCH worse posts than mine go unnoticed and MUCH stupider members, ones who can't form a coherent sentence, keep posting unflamed. I just became the target of flames and I've come to accept it.

Think of me as something to have fun at expense of until ToAU comes out and new things are actually discovered.

Oh and guys, don't bitch about my post count while flaming me nonstop with just random posts like 'GTFO'. It would probably be 1/3 of what it is if you all didn't attack me so much, making me defend myself.

GTFO

Well, who put effort into a post and who posted utter filler now?

hay all look what maxx sent me in a pm becuase i was fucking with him :D

can we ban him now please

E. Body
    BG Level

Is FFXI so bad that people enjoy fucking with people on internet forums rather than playing the game itself?

http://countrystore.blogspot.com/ima...re-o-meter.jpg

I suggest you stick to ToAU discussions, thats what people care about. We dont care about some emo drk.

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Is FFXI so bad that people enjoy fucking with people on internet forums rather than playing the game itself?

I suggest you stick to ToAU discussions, thats what people care about. We dont care about some emo drk.
    Bad play.

Seeing Maxx get flamed is a reason the boards are entertaining.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I find maxx very entertaining, and falls into the same group as the bst that claims that no WAR alive can out damage them.

As a BST I know I can keep up or out damage most dual axe war/nin and mnk/nin. I eat meat, have max axe merits, a temperance axe, and a brutal earring, but a well equiped, meat eatting, well merit'ed, war/nin with ridill or a mnk/war will out damage me. About the only way I can compete with them is with stage 5 relic, and I'm about 9,000 currency away from it. Well, that isn't entirely true, a BST/NIN with an EM tormentor in Den of Rancor can out damage any other job, but your going to run out of monkeys and scorpions if your killing in under a minute.

As a knowledgeable I know how much damage I do per hit, average number of hits per round, and average WS dmg. With this I can sit down and calculate average damage per 100tp + WS / total delay to get 100 tp and compare it to other jobs. A drk/nin with 2x axe will do less damage then a bst/nin, but they have the utility of stun. A drk/nin with ridill will probably keep up with a 2x axe war but would still be out damaged by a ridill war.

Now, Maxx and I both don't have the greatest TP burn jobs. I'm sure if he leveled axe up and maybe second handed Seiryu's sword or something he could do ok in tp burn, but would probably be out damaged by well equiped war/nin's. However, instead of accepting his place and knowing his utility in other situations he goes off and makes claims that don't add up. I'm sorry Maxx but a dual axe war will take less time than a drk/war to gain 100tp, a war/nin will do more average damage per tp than a drk/war, and a war/nin won't be a mana sponge like a drk/war.

Instead of arguing the point, or stating that 2h weapons need some tweaking, maxx makes a series of asides. This creates entertaining and continuous threads where maxx will argue about most drk's being idiots because of not selecting proper gear for ws's etc...

Still, banning maxx would decrease the enjoyment of most people here, so keep on trucking my MND modifier guru!

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

I think Razz just won hypocrite of the year award.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya

I don't get it.

I don't get it.
    I think its because you posting the care-o-meter is deserving of its own care-o-meter.

E. Body
    BG Level

Oh ok lol, didn't realise people enjoyed picking off emo DRKs so much. LET THE SLAUGHTER COMMENCE!

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

I was refering to

Not the care-o-meter.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was refering to

Not the care-o-meter.
    Well, it was only a guess. >_>

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    I find maxx very entertaining, and falls into the same group as the bst that claims that no WAR alive can out damage them.
    ....I'm sorry Maxx but a dual axe war will take less time than a drk/war to gain 100tp, a war/nin will do more average damage per tp than a drk/war, and a war/nin won't be a mana sponge like a drk/war.
    Still, banning maxx would decrease the enjoyment of most people here, so keep on trucking my MND modifier guru!
    I'll take this one point at a time

1. I don't say nobody can outdamage me. I say I hold my own and outdamage some WAR/NINs. Is that rediculous, to say that a DRK can outdamage certain WARs? I never said I was just plain better than everybody. I said DRK doesn't get enough respect and is usually played crappily.

2. DRK/WAR isn't a manasponge as long it times WSes, stuns, and drains right and the other party members realize that its not the same as a WAR/NIN. Also its not good for AoE spammers. But in places like Uleguerand Range, DRK/WAR is very very good damage and not dangerous. As long as there arent unavoidable AoEs and as long as you have, say, a combo of 2 WAR/NIN and NIN/WAR who provoke you shouldn't have issues with hate unless you act like an idiot. Patroclus Helm helps as well. I know you are just going to ignore this and say 'max sed it its rong' but its what I've experienced.

3. The MND modifier shit was only because I see people using spike necklace and adaman sollerets and its DEFINATELY a factor in Guillo damage. I was just saying one possible reason why my experiences have differed.

And Razz, people love picking on anybody on an internet forum. Thats just how it is.

IN THE END... who will get chosen first? WAR or DRK? You answer Maxx, please.

Demosthenes11

anyone that thinks a drk/war could outdamage a war/nin in WSburn pt...wtf

WS that does 1k+ with very quick tp gain

WS that does 1k+ with cery slow tp gain

Am I missing something?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    anyone that thinks a drk/war could outdamage a war/nin in WSburn pt...wtf

WS that does 1k+ with very quick tp gain

WS that does 1k+ with cery slow tp gain

Am I missing something?
    Your missing where I never said the average DRK outdamages the average WAR. I try not to think of things in terms of X > Y, I try to define what X and Y actually are, see if they are comparable, and see what could be done to change it.
    Oh and DRK/WAR TP gain isn't 'cery slow' and WAR/NIN tp gain isn't 'very quick'. The TP difference isn't that great, probably more like a 6:5 WAR:DRK TP ratio assuming the DRK has put as much into gear as the WAR and barring ridill/joyeuse. I'm guessing you don't party with DRK/WARs much. And before you say 'well you jsut sed DRK sux lol' DRK also does a surprising amount of damage with scythe swings, more than most of you think.

Oh and Anyway, obviously WARs are currently chosen first in most merit parties.

Maxxthepenguin, I don't know if this has occured to you, but....

Guillotine has no damage modifier

Anything that doesn't affect your base hit damage will not affect your guillotine damage.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite

Anything that doesn't affect your base hit damage will not affect your guillotine damage.
    I've noticed differently, as has that JP website that posted all the modifiers.

The JP sites that have posted the guillotine modifiers have had:

STR ??? MND ???

I go by what I can actually observe in the game. +attack makes a substantial improvement on guillotine damage, +STR makes a small and possibly unnoticable impact(due to the wide range of damage on two handers) and +MND makes a near unnoticable impact, although I don't bother getting +MND in place of +STR gear so I can't tell if it has much of an impact. Little chance that it'd have more of an impact then +STR though.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin

IF THE JP'S SAID ITS TRUE THEN ITS EQUAL TO GOD HIMSELF SAYING IT

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by rahvin
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin

IF THE JP'S SAID ITS TRUE THEN ITS EQUAL TO GOD HIMSELF SAYING IT
    ...its the same site everybody else has been getting modifiers from...

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Part/6371/memo.html

Scythe WSes:
    □両手鎌
    スライス 1.50 1.75 2.00 ×1 STR_30
    ナイトメアサイス 1.00 ×1 STR_30 MND_30
    スピニングサイス 1.00 ×1 STR_30
    ボーパルサイス 1.00 ×1 STR_35
    ギロティン 0.875 ×4 STR_25 MND_25
    クロスリーパー 2.00 2.25 2.50 ×2 STR_30 MND_30
    スパイラルヘル 1.375 1.875 3.625 ×1 STR_50 INT_50
    カタストロフィ 2.75 ×1 INT_40 AGI_40 レリック専用
    I'm not saying go out and buy a ton of MND gear, I'm saying Adaman Sollerets and Spike Necklace are BAD for the WS. I've noticed lower damage with those on as well as they apparently have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast