Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Window     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Window

Anyone have a link to an updated windower yet? I heard from my LS that they already came out with it after the expansion. Thanks!

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

Click this link:

http://ffxi.archbell.com/Windower-3.22.zip

Then run. Really fast. And don't look back. The others will be here soon.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Thanks Deimos for the link! Great sig by the way. Hopefully, I can get a good one someday!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos
    Click this link:

http://ffxi.archbell.com/Windower-3.22.zip

Then run. Really fast. And don't look back. The others will be here soon.
    Actually, I do not think that he will have to run. The site was gone all last week; I have not even bothered to check recently because I could not handle the heartache anymore.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Someone needs to fix the damn EXP plugin, I miss it

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by draxyl
    Someone needs to fix the damn EXP plugin, I miss it
    That must've been a long time ago because I only had it work for the TP gauge on the old one.

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Actually, I do not think that he will have to run. The site was gone all last week; I have not even bothered to check recently because I could not handle the heartache anymore.
    I'm glad, I always hate to see it when a thread with a simple question turns into 50 people telling the poster to GTFO or go back to Allakhazam or whatever, when the first person could have just answered the question in the same amount of time as it took them to remember the address for the right Kuno card. After the question's answered, the thread can just slowly fade off the front page and then nobody cares any more anyway, seems much simpler to me.

This one just seemed like an especially easy target for the typical crew, between the question that could have been answered by Google, and the level 32 job in the sig. I could have told him to do his own research, but like I said, only took me about 10 seconds to look up the address, and everybody comes out happier this way.

Thanks for the sig compliment, I couldn't sleep last night, so decided to finally get around to making one for myself. I've been meaning to do it for a long time, and I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

And as for Windower, I'm personally still stuck using 3.2, because I'm one of that small group of people for which every single previous version of Windower has worked, but 3.22 crashes as soon as you click Play. There's a bunch of "fixes" for it posted on the Windower site, but I've seen plenty of posts from other people saying none of them helped, so I'm just going to wait for 3.23, whenever that finally comes out.

None of the plugins seem to work with 3.2, so I've basically just got alt-tab functionality, and that's it. Lack of the TParty plugin is inconvenient, but pretty easily done without. What's really killing me is not having access to the Japanese IME through the english version any more. I speak Japanese decently, and let me tell you, JP players respond infinitely better to invites/conversation in actual Japanese characters than in romaji. Oh well, Cliff posted that he's aware of the issues with 3.22 and should be releasing fixes soon, so I just hope this "soon" means like "next week" and not in a few months.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

And as for Windower, I'm personally still stuck using 3.2, because I'm one of that small group of people for which every single previous version of Windower has worked, but 3.22 crashes as soon as you click Play.
    Comment out almost everything and it will stop crashing, I've fixed this on like 6 different setups like this:
    //Set console variables
    console_position 5 100
    console_color 255 255 0 0
    console_displayactivity 1
    console_fadedelay 3500

//Set game variables
    game_forceambientlight 0
    game_ambientlight 255 120 120 120
    game_gamma 62
    game_allowsetcursorpos 0

//Set general variables
    //showfps 1

//Load plugins
    //Uncomment or add plugins you want to use
    //load NameChanger
    load TParty
    //load BloodPace
    //load Distance
    //load ExpWatch
    //load IME
    //load WinampPlugin
    //load DrawDistance
    All had that exact same issue, that 3.22 wouldn't work when everything else would. I just deleted and replaced the init.txt after while. And yeah, almost nothing works for 3.22 so i'm just happy with TParty, less clutter on the screen from distance/exp/bloodpace looks nicer anyways lol. /hijack over

I'm glad, I always hate to see it when a thread with a simple question turns into 50 people telling the poster to GTFO or go back to Allakhazam or whatever, when the first person could have just answered the question in the same amount of time as it took them to remember the address for the right Kuno card. After the question's answered, the thread can just slowly fade off the front page and then nobody cares any more anyway, seems much simpler to me.

This one just seemed like an especially easy target for the typical crew, between the question that could have been answered by Google, and the level 32 job in the sig. I could have told him to do his own research, but like I said, only took me about 10 seconds to look up the address, and everybody comes out happier this way.

Thanks for the sig compliment, I couldn't sleep last night, so decided to finally get around to making one for myself. I've been meaning to do it for a long time, and I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

And as for Windower, I'm personally still stuck using 3.2, because I'm one of that small group of people for which every single previous version of Windower has worked, but 3.22 crashes as soon as you click Play. There's a bunch of "fixes" for it posted on the Windower site, but I've seen plenty of posts from other people saying none of them helped, so I'm just going to wait for 3.23, whenever that finally comes out.

None of the plugins seem to work with 3.2, so I've basically just got alt-tab functionality, and that's it. Lack of the TParty plugin is inconvenient, but pretty easily done without. What's really killing me is not having access to the Japanese IME through the english version any more. I speak Japanese decently, and let me tell you, JP players respond infinitely better to invites/conversation in actual Japanese characters than in romaji. Oh well, Cliff posted that he's aware of the issues with 3.22 and should be releasing fixes soon, so I just hope this "soon" means like "next week" and not in a few months.
    Or the fact that the more we entertain posters like him (have you seen the rest of his topics/replies?) the more we leave room to have the same spam NOONE wants on these boards. There's alot of good info here, and alot of it you see here first. To have to sift through the redundant topics ontop of the drama, it makes it a pain to find anything here. If you can't find Windower using Google, or finding the URL using the search within this website, you don't belong here. Period.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

when ur bored again u should hack together a new sig for me deimos

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole

Or the fact that the more we entertain posters like him (have you seen the rest of his topics/replies?) the more we leave room to have the same spam NOONE wants on these boards. There's alot of good info here, and alot of it you see here first. To have to sift through the redundant topics ontop of the drama, it makes it a pain to find anything here. If you can't find Windower using Google, or finding the URL using the search within this website, you don't belong here. Period.
    Like I said, the Windower site was down for at least a week and a half after the update. I don't mean that there was no fix for the broken windower, the downloads were gone even after it was announced that there was a new fix.

Yes, there is a lot of stupidity that happens on this forum, but I think the OP's question was 100% legit.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I hate searching on Google or Yahoo for that matter because sometimes you never get what you're searching for. I searched awhile back for RSE schedule and got like 100s of sites, looked at about 25 of em and got 1 reliable at the the end of search. Hated that!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tidusin
    I hate searching on Google or Yahoo for that matter because sometimes you never get what you're searching for. I searched awhile back for RSE schedule and got like 100s of sites, looked at about 25 of em and got 1 reliable at the the end of search. Hated that!
    Bookmark http://ffxi.somepage.com/links/. A lot of the common web tools and resources are linked there, and will save you a bit of time messing with a search engine.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ono
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidusin
    Bookmark http://ffxi.somepage.com/links/. A lot of the common web tools and resources are linked there, and will save you a bit of time messing with a search engine.
    O.o thanks for that tip ono! I'll do that when I get home!

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Comment out almost everything and it will stop crashing, I've fixed this on like 6 different setups like this:
    Thanks Raineer, I had actually tried that though, and it doesn't fix mine. Tried copy-pasting the exact ini file you posted there too, same thing. I did try the simpler fixes that people found, I just didn't want to go through the process of installing 3DA or whatever, since all the previous versions have worked, so I shouldn't need to do it for this one. There's a few other posts on the Windower forums by people with a similar situation (and the 3DA thing didn't work for them anyway), so I'm just going to wait for the next windower version and hope it's fixed in that.

Though I really have no idea, I'm guessing it's an issue with the T&L Emulation that Cliff implemented. I'm quite sure I saw him say in a post somewhere that he released it without really testing it (never a very good coding practice), so I'm just going to hope he either removes it or figures out what the conflict is for those of us not having any luck getting 3.22 to work.