Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Does the 2007 FFXI DVD include any/all patches?

This is a question that I've never seen answered. Does anyone own the recent 2007 Vana'Diel collection dvd of FFXI for PC? Only if you actually own it, could you tell me if it includes all the patches on the dvd or at least all the patches up to the release of TAU? I suspect that it's just the original game plus the 3 expansion original installs on one disc with no patches, but I'd like to know for sure. Thanks.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I JUST reinstalled this at work w/ the DVD. I had 1100 files to download after i installed.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I reinstalled the other day. It took about 90 minutes of patching. How can you tell for sure?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I guess we'd compare how many files are patched in a brand new install from the original discs. Anyone do that lately and could tell us how many files were downloaded?

Alternatively, does the 2007 DVD have all the dat files uncompressed and just sitting on the disc or are they unpacked during the install? If they're all loose to begin with, could you check what the file dates are (on the dvd) for the following files?

ROM\119\51.DAT
    ROM\119\57.DAT
    ROM3\1\76.DAT

Thanks.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I have it, had to install on my new laptop after the old one fried and no way was I gonna do it from all those dinky CDs.

Not sure exactly how many of the updates are in there but once the install was done it checked a LOT of files but only downloaded and updated like 1100 of them. The check took much longer than the download, maybe 90min total? Not too bad.

A stock install from the CDs is a 15k file check and a ~6000 download, so I presume the 2007 collection DVD has most of the latest patches, with the exception of the most recent ones.

This is a somewhat, but not entirely related question which doesnt really need its own thread:

If I reinstall POL now, with FFXI installed, will it leave FFXI unaffected? I have 4 accounts listed on my player list, 2 of which I cant log into due to them being one off log in and lot type things and hence I no longer have the password. This means I cant delete them either, and that means that I cant replace them with other accounts, so I have to log on other accounts now as guest.

SO, can I reinstall POL without affecting FFXI, and will it remove the accounts in POL if I do?

it doesnt effect FFXI and it does remove all 4 accounts from the list, so you'd have to put the ones you have access to back on there, my POL got corrupted somehow and I had to reinstall it, but FFXI was uneffected