BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Naruto CCG

So against my better judgment, I decided to make this thread, permanently branding me as a nerd I guess.

Does anyone else play the Naruto CCG on these boards or is it just me? It doesn't have the player base that Yugioh or Magic has for sure, but it's definitely an enjoyable game that somewhat faithfully recreates the show and manga (Sasuke is always broken). It's not without its flaws but it is definitely a much cheaper game to get into than the aforementioned.

If you're interested in finding out more you can check out the official website.

http://www.bandaicg.com/naruto/

For you Narutard fans, check it out.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

A bunch of guys at the place I go play Naruto. It does look interesting, I like the little "team" fight it has where your other cards have a big impact on your main ones. Only problem I have with the game is, thinking back to the DBZ card game, since there are only so many main characters in the entire anime, each new set came out with a version of that character. So in DBZ, the first Goku had, say, 12,000 as a power level, then the next set it went up, then again and again and again until power levels in dbz were in the millions, pretty much making all first set characters obsolete. So i'd hate to play a tcg where my 1st sasuke is miles behind the new sasukes. (if thats how the naruto CCG is)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    A bunch of guys at the place I go play Naruto. It does look interesting, I like the little "team" fight it has where your other cards have a big impact on your main ones. Only problem I have with the game is, thinking back to the DBZ card game, since there are only so many main characters in the entire anime, each new set came out with a version of that character. So in DBZ, the first Goku had, say, 12,000 as a power level, then the next set it went up, then again and again and again until power levels in dbz were in the millions, pretty much making all first set characters obsolete. So i'd hate to play a tcg where my 1st sasuke is miles behind the new sasukes. (if thats how the naruto CCG is)
    It doesn't really work that way. While new Sasukes might be better than old ones, their power usually always remains the same (A Genin Sasuke usually always has 3 power while a grown up Sasuke usually always has 6) so you don't have to worry about that.

It's the effects that pretty much dictate how playable a card is or isn't. And yes the "Teaming" system does play a huge impact on the game. You want to have as many Ninja to team together as possible, as it gives you the largest attack power to clear out your opponent's Ninja. Of course there's also jutsu to give you advantages as well, but this is just an over simplification.