Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FFXI parser question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

FFXI parser question

Hey guys. I did the search on these forums and found a lot of threads regarding this topic but I couldn't find a definite answer.

I am looking into maybe using a parser to help configure my equip. But I see a lot of threads where people get keylogged and accounts stolen. The parser I had in mind is Spyle's version from archbell forums.

Now, my question is if anyone actualy looked at the code of the program and can verify that its safe. Because as far as I know, Spyle stopped all his work on his parser and released the code. So I was wondering if anyone looked into it or if someone has actualy been using it for a while and can verify that its safe.

Thanks in advance

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Lots of people use Spyle's parser, including myself from time-to-time. It may be a piece of crap but it's perfectly safe if you download it from legitimate sources.

I'm looking in your general direction, Kalia.

8)

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I believe divisortheory is making a brand, spanking new parser that will shame Spyle's. I don't know how close he is to finishing it, but if it isn't too far off, maybe you should just wait until it's released instead of risking downloading the old one from a shady source.

The version from his site should be safe, unless the site got hacked or something:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~Spyle/FFXI/ ... #Downloads

You could always run it through one of those online virus scanner thingies. But that's the link I used to download mine a while ago.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Thank you guys.

I might just wait for Divisor's version to come out instead then.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden
    We'll all be playing FFXXI by then.

Thank you guys.

Are you sure your epeen can wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Thank you guys.

Was that comment really necessary? Wait it was cause your DRK gets out dmg'd by BST, MY BAD LOLZ

Quote Originally Posted by MikedeeFenrir
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Thank you guys.

Was that comment really necessary? Wait it was cause your DRK gets out dmg'd by BST, MY BAD LOLZ
    I havent partied with a BST in forrrrrrrever man.

And don't you remember? I'm that fucked up DRK who thinks he tied with a BB MNK/NIN as DRK/NIN.

Old Merits
    BG Level

If your just trying to look at equipment it's pretty easy to generate reasonable estimates from the damage formula's.

Any estimate such as average damage per unit delay for a X tp WS cycle will be more useful than parser results that fail to show a measure of variance. In case your wondering Haub/Heca is 1-4% less damage than A. hauberk. Haub+1/Heca is 0-3% less damage than A. hauberk. Anything that will increase your critical hit rates would lower these percentages.

More importantly why does your bst's avataar have a Great Axe?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Thank you guys.

Just get Spyle's, it doesn't suck (divisors will be much more complex, true),but his does the job and yes it is safe.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Since the log notes, for the player who cast a DoT spell on a mob, when the DoT wears, it would be nice if a parser could calculate the damage for that particular DoT.. I imagine this would be pretty complicated, but i'm no programmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar
    Since the log notes, for the player who cast a DoT spell on a mob, when the DoT wears, it would be nice if a parser could calculate the damage for that particular DoT.. I imagine this would be pretty complicated, but i'm no programmer.
    Tricky since the amount of damage for some dots vary on your stats.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The dots don't show up on the log (cept the initial casting of bio/dia). It won't be able to parse it if its not in your log. I don't believe any parsers track actual time of logs either (I might be wrong) so that's out too.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Make me a parser Aurik. Thanks!

Thank you guys.

Wouldn't wait on that. I believe he said he hasn't worked on it in a few weeks, and is in between jobs so it could be a looong time.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    The dots don't show up on the log (cept the initial casting of bio/dia). It won't be able to parse it if its not in your log. I don't believe any parsers track actual time of logs either (I might be wrong) so that's out too.
    This would take an awful lot of programming even if it was possible, and for what? Do we really care about the 20-30 hp the mob loses due to dia2 in a standard merit party? The only reason that I can think of that someone would want to know how much damage their dots do would be someone who is testing it with gear and whatnot, and its much easier to just grab a pal and head to ballista for a direct reading instead of making someone go out of their way to include it in a parser.

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Make me a parser Aurik. Thanks!
    Me too please Aurik. Thanks!

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I always wanted a parser to see the 12,000 damage done by my Poison2 to Tiamat over the course of an hour...but then again you don't need a parser because it's 12,000.