BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

These new mobs have weird names. '~'

A bewitching race of beastmen with an upper body like that of a Hume woman and a lower body resembling that of a venomous serpent.
    The Lamiae are few in number compared to the other beastmen inhabitants of the Near East. However, they have ensorceled the bones of fallen soldiers, creating an undead army of considerable size to defend their reef settlements.
    Lamiae are known to sneak into towns in the depths of night, wielding powerful bows and hunting humans to replenish their armies; hence the Near Easterners' dread of sunset.
    According to rumor, Lamiae are not technically a race of beastmen, but actually a form of organic weapon (also known as a chimera), created by alchemists fusing the parts of multiple organisms.
    #1 - New PvP!
    #2 - Alchemists! (New job, zomg)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Imperial Ward
    The Imperial Ward lies behind a colossal white wall that separates the district from the rest of the city. The magnificent imperial palace, military facilities, and residences of the imperial family line the streets inside, but noncitizens are strictly forbidden to enter.
    I wonder if this is a joinable nation? That would be kinda hawt.

Is it just me? It looks like that hume pirate is wearing an earring... however that spell looks pretty badass that's around him... I'm betting it's a cutscene.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

JP release date is the same?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Soje
    Supposedly the 20th

Quote Originally Posted by plake
    Quote Originally Posted by Soje
    Supposedly the 20th
    That was probably an approximated date, I imagine it will be same day if not JP first. It doesn't matter anyways, I'm sure the expansion will be impossible to find for the first couple of weeks anyways like COP was.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

5 days before my B-day

Also, it's pretty interesting how they mention that Aht Urgan isn't the "Far East" that was mentioned several times in CoP.

City names and other stuff sound like arabic lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Watch as the JP get it first, then NAs get it a week later ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    Watch as the JP get it first, then NAs get it a week later ._.
    Watch as no one gets it for 2 years as they gradually patch in content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    A bewitching race of beastmen with an upper body like that of a Hume woman and a lower body resembling that of a venomous serpent.
    The Lamiae are few in number compared to the other beastmen inhabitants of the Near East. However, they have ensorceled the bones of fallen soldiers, creating an undead army of considerable size to defend their reef settlements.
    Lamiae are known to sneak into towns in the depths of night, wielding powerful bows and hunting humans to replenish their armies; hence the Near Easterners' dread of sunset.
    According to rumor, Lamiae are not technically a race of beastmen, but actually a form of organic weapon (also known as a chimera), created by alchemists fusing the parts of multiple organisms.
    #1 - New PvP!
    Or they could just mean Alchemists as in the profession(crafters).

That is what always makes me skeptical of Alchemist as a job, because it's already a crafting profession anyone can already partake in. "Hay guyz I make potionz, invite plz" "I've been making potions for 3 years, they suck go level whm". I could be wrong though.

I agree with your #1 though, they said there was ahint about the next form of conquest... odds are that is it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrah
    Is it just me? It looks like that hume pirate is wearing an earring... however that spell looks pretty badass that's around him... I'm betting it's a cutscene.
    that's WS Detonator

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    These new mobs have weird names. '~'
    Qutrub A type of demon, similar to a ghul.

CHIGOE [chigoe] or jigger, small parasitic flea of tropical America and the S United States. Humans and their domestic animals are the main hosts. The fertilized female bores into the flesh (usually of the feet or legs) and feeds on the blood causing a painful, pustulous sore. She retains her eggs in her abdomen, which swells to the size of a pea. The eggs are expelled outside the host and hatch in the soil, undergoing complete metamorphosis. The chigoe is sometimes confused with the chigger . The chigoe is classified in the phylum Arthropoda , class Insecta, order Siphonaptera.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I think the new mobs look cool, I'm excited.

The fish thingy is shown on a ship so I assume we'll be getting a new ship? Again I'd say it's the one from Norg but it was said in the interview that Zilart wasn't required to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    I think the new mobs look cool, I'm excited.

The fish thingy is shown on a ship so I assume we'll be getting a new ship? Again I'd say it's the one from Norg but it was said in the interview that Zilart wasn't required to play it.
    Its probably from Selbina or Mahura(sp)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

SE actually has a method to their mob naming?

I just assumed that they ran out of ideas a long time ago and started smashing their face into the keyboard when they needed new names. Seriously, what the hell is a Gwyn Ap Knudd??

Quote Originally Posted by Taku

I just assumed that they ran out of ideas a long time ago and started smashing their face into the keyboard when they needed new names. Seriously, what the hell is a Gwyn Ap Knudd??
    HAHAH yea, look up almost any enemy from past games and this current one and it usually has a sweet story behind it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrah
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    #1 - New PvP!
    Or they could just mean Alchemists as in the profession(crafters).

That is what always makes me skeptical of Alchemist as a job, because it's already a crafting profession anyone can already partake in. "Hay guyz I make potionz, invite plz" "I've been making potions for 3 years, they suck go level whm". I could be wrong though.

I agree with your #1 though, they said there was ahint about the next form of conquest... odds are that is it.
    I know they mentioned new forms of Conquest, but I see nothing in that paragraph that looks like it has anything to do with PvP. It looks more like a portion of the city might be infested with beastmen, which suggests PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendam
    Quote Originally Posted by Taku

HAHAH yea, look up almost any enemy from past games and this current one and it usually has a sweet story behind it.
    *looks up ghrah, zdei, yovra, hpemde...*

Xavier

The COOLEST, most interactive thing a game can do is to randomly have beastmen raid a city and force the players inside to either team up and kill them, or to be killed by them. Maybe everyone that participated in killing the beastmen during a raid gets a reward at the end, w/e. If its done to be endgame style/dynamis almost difficulty, it could be a lot of fun and random excitement. Thats what I want to see anyway.

Ultima Online used to do that a lot back in the day, and it was always a little something fun to do.