Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new BPs     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

new BPs

has anyone tried the new BPs on any HNM/ land king/god whatever? heavenly strike and geocrush seemed to do about 600 to EM mobs and down

They're TP based. Read the description.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

that doesnt tell me how much dmg they will land for on higher lvl shit

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

go test it?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

800-850 on DC spider with 300TP... At level 1 though. If upgrades a 20TP bonus, this seems pretty bad.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Today on Fafnir, Ramuh's did 720 on a Magic Burst.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

=\ would rather just not do those bps so as not add more to the magical resistance and let the blms do the higher damage. back to predator claws

Wow thats pretty lame. I mean SMN didnt need a buff, but some horizontally expanding abilities would have been better than this shit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Keep in mind this is better than nether blast, and nether blast was magic spamming. I'd say keep Predator Claws for the things you Predator Claws, and use the new BPs in place of Nether Blast spam for kited mobs and other things you Nether Blast spam.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Saw a shiva do heavenly strike for 700ish against a Wam. Prince.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

well most of the shit one nether blast spams on is on kited mobs,or wyrms in air, which you still wouldnt use thew new BPs on since i doubt theyre ranged like nether, and even if you already spinning/claws kited mobs, theyd still do more than the new bps.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Aumann
    well most of the shit one nether blast spams on is on kited mobs,or wyrms in air, which you still wouldnt use thew new BPs on since i doubt theyre ranged like nether, and even if you already spinning/claws kited mobs, theyd still do more than the new bps.
    They are ranged, I believe. At least, they seem to have a farther range than physical BPs.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I tried Meteor strike on spiders outside al zahbi. At 0% tp it did about 650~ dmg, 100% TP, 700-730~ dmg, 200 and 300% tp it did 762(which it seems to cap at).

The damage seemed fairly consistent, so i'm guessing these are probably like Nether Blast in terms of consistent magic dmg, but if not...waste of fuckin merits.. Overall i'm dissapointed, but hey...Meteor Strike still looks hella cool .

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

my preliminary tests with grand fall

100 TP = 700~ damage
    300 TP = 800~ damage
    0 TP = 450~ damage

i didnt get to consistantly test those cause i wanted to do my cor AF quests... but thats kinda like what other people have been getting

seems like 100 tp is the best time to do the BP, so if you fully merit 1 BP... you can do it as soon as you summon the mob since it gets 20 TP Bonus per upgrade,

might be something fun to look into, but for now i'll stick to finishing whm merits

i should test 100TP with MB and see the difference

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Are these new moves considered magic-based or physical? I understand they depend on TP. But, there might be the chance that these moves can "magic burst" and possibly make them good alternatives to Predator Claws and Spinning Dive, etc.

Edit: Double post

Quote Originally Posted by loial
    Are these new moves considered magic-based or physical? I understand they depend on TP. But, there might be the chance that these moves can "magic burst" and possibly make them good alternatives to Predator Claws and Spinning Dive, etc.
    Do people even read the topics they post in?

So I guess this means that if you max out one of these BP you now have equivilant to AF.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It appears they deliver a base damage at merit lvl 1, seeing as a TW mob takes the same damage. 650ish seems to be the average. However most unfortunately, they CAN be resisted. I think their overall usefulness will be determined if people put 2-3 merits into one of them and observe the effect.

What were you resisted on?

I can see that MDEF definitely plays some part in these, but I can't honestly say I was resisted once out of about 30 BPs on VT mobs in sea.