+ Reply to Thread

Thread: inFamous movie....     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

inFamous movie....

...please stop making movies out of everything.

inFAMOUS Movie In The Works - Infamous - Kotaku

Sony Pictures is working out a seven-figure deal with producers Avi and Ari Arad and screenwriter Sheldon Turner to bring the PlayStation 3 exclusive inFAMOUS to the silver screen.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Turner pitched the movie to Sony Pictures, which pre-emptively caught it, and the studio is now working out a deal for rights to adapt the game into a major motion picture. The Arad's are set to produce, just as they are producing the Uncharted: Drake's Fortune feature film.

As for Sheldon's take on the game, his comments are nothing if not heartening to fans of the Sucker Punch-developed, free-roaming superhero title.
    "What excited me most about the game was it was the first of which I've come across that had a big idea and a character arc," Turner said. "It is, I believe, the future of gaming. The game, while big and fun, is at its core a love ballad to the underachiever, which is what our hero, Cole McGrath, is."
    An underachiever who turns himself around rather quickly, but he certainly seems to have a firm grasp. Between that and the fact that the main character is so bland that any actor with a shaved head can play him, and we might have a winner here.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    ...please stop making movies out of everything.
    It's Kotaku, and ppl are lazy to make new material and it's much easier now to just buy the rights to something.... sadly

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

what does it being kotaku have to do with anything?

Banned.

BG Level

Before you know it, they will start making games for releases like Iron Man and Transformers!!!

But seriously, I don't see the point in caring one way or the other. Game movies and games are unrelated. They do have a habit of being terrible, probably because no one understands this.