Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Retirement =/     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Retirement =/

I just finished Logging Off FFXI tonight, for the last time.

They were 2+ great years which I have enjoyed.

Had some tears in my eyes for some people that I will never chat or see again in game.

I gently sent a /shout in lower jeuno, Thanking every1 and saying goodbye.

I logged off in front of the Guide Stone in lower jeuno where I spent many days chatting with friends and bumping into new ones.

So I was wondering if and when you would quit, how would you go out?

Peacefully, Quietly, Just delete (never say anything) or throw a server bash.

I sold my account to an associate for an undisclosed amount

Xavier

Re: Retirement =/

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat?
    So I was wondering if and when you would quit, how would you go out?
    Peacefully, Quietly, Just delete (never say anything)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

you'll be back.

Xavier

Thanks to the beautiful time consuming endgame combined w/ the time consuming missions (mostly CoP), as long as you completely delete your char/give the account to a total stranger, I think it'd be easy to move on with life.

Most people never move on past the forums though.

sell my char for big bux

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Thanks to the beautiful time consuming endgame combined w/ the time consuming missions (mostly CoP), as long as you completely delete your char/give the account to a total stranger, I think it'd be easy to move on with life.

Most people never move on past the forums though.
    yeah I deleted mine. and can't give up forums

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Hmm if you don't mind my asking, who are you? From your sig I get the feeling you're from my server.

I'd sell all my stuff over a week or two, then give the gil to someone to send out to a few choice people, then delete my char and tell everyone afterwards.

I gave away every staff and piece of armor i had and all my money , then sadly..delete.

I deleted...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Someone in my LS tossed their Kraken Club when they quit, then came back to FFXI a month later because they didn't erase their character

Xavier

The only way to quit is to vanish. If you linger at all in an online community, it pulls you back in. I've "vanished" before, AND BY GOD SOMEDAY I'll do it again. Maybe when I get a new gf.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If i ever quit, i thought i'd hit all the cities and all the telepoints with fireworks, save pictures (forcing wafik to digitally remaster them for me ), do something bad and visit Mordion Gaol (sp?)(maybe shout IM GAY IM GAY IM GAY IM GAY and have ppl get mad, then tell the GM that i am gay, and you shouldnt punish ppl for being gay and telling people as an act of awareness *deep breath* and just wanted to visit prison). Send messages to all my friends~

-Maybe- give the LS stuff (lol) (jk, probably give endo all my stuffs :3)

get xav to cyber me

create a new char as a mithra and cyber straight guys (behold, the power of mithra)

um

go everywhere walking, slow and enjoying everything.

Walk into windy walls, proceed into the great star tree while playing the music that made me want to be a whm in the first place, walk all the way down the steps to where the baby trees are, cast each and every spell, ending with reraise1, reraise2, and finally, reraise3. Bid goodbye to my sweet little taru (im starting to cry lol ; feed him a bubble chocolate (his favorite!), and log out. ; ;

Cry about it for a few hours (days >.>), then have sex with my bf to make me feel better (i'd probably only quit for a bf, i'd just go on breaks for other stuff)

Xavier

Yeah, it'd take a relationship to get me gone forever too.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Yeah, it'd take a relationship to get me gone forever too.

See, If i was in a relationship, I'd make my GF start playing FF11.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

celebration!

give away a ton of gear (signed or hard to get stuff), do some screenshotting, edit them into a vid, upload it, slap myself for making a video over a game, delete sidd, post on forums for a while, cry while jerking off, and go on vacation for a week or two to somewhere without the intarwebz.

I'd hope my ls would use my character for whatever reason. After all why destroy all the achievments?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I'd prolly just give my char to LS..

And yep, pretty much the only way I'd ever be able to quit is either A). A new better game, or B). a new GF...lol

Cya later crot, we'll miss you at events ; ;

I'll delvl my four 75s down to lvl 4 or w/e is that min. It will be fun dying a lot. I'll find new and creative ways to do it like in Groundhog Day. 8)

Then I'll sell all my stuff and give the gil to some random noob I meet who is struggling to get a skull in the dunes.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Im not quitting before I get my mandau

My character still exists and has been given to a friend. I know everyone says "oh you'll come back" well, I tried coming back a few days ago, i was online for about 3 hours, realised that I didn't want any items, I just wanted to do big fights. So I guess that's all I'll be doing. I'm going to help the LS that my sister is in start up with Sky gods and stuff, but so far it seems like they know what they are doing.