1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe they'll finally add in the customizable gambit system they talked about at fanfest 2014.

The world may never know. I'd handle all speculative discussion like No Man Sky information.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No word on Egi glamour either. I know it's just glamour but it's the only kind I really care about at this point. They've probably changed their mind again lol.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I think the better solution to Egi glamours is to make Egis other than Garuda not useless.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Ifrit was good for a little while.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

"This game sucks" yet here we still are and then all the threads complaining the game is dying.

http://p.fod4.com/p/media/eabe3759b9...20Takedown.gif

Sums it up.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Except they have said you'll be able to do more with them in future and v use them in dungeons
    How many times has he said this about some sort of content getting more features in the future? It will be left in the lurch like everything else new.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    "This game sucks" yet here we still are and then all the threads complaining the game is dying.

http://p.fod4.com/p/media/eabe3759b9...20Takedown.gif

Sums it up.
    The game was dead back when it was known as Rapture, it was dead before XI was dead, it was dead before the PS2 release.

Pretty sure dead game is just a internal meme on this forum.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

The way people get defensive when you call this game shit is pretty amazing.

Also, all the stuff we've been promised we'll get, and here we are..still not getting a lot of it. I remember being so hyped for Heavensward housing.

Welp.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wish they'd lower the monthly fee. These $45~ DLC packs are really short.

Has there ever been a follow-up by Yoship or the community regarding open world Primals?

I vaguely remember Yoship saying Primals would appear in the world and affect weather. Free companies would be able to battle and defeat Primals and gain the ability to summon them for a powerful attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post

Also, all the stuff we've been promised we'll get, and here we are..still not getting a lot of it. I remember being so hyped for Heavensward housing.

Welp.
    It's why I like hanging around the zam forums, since the only people left are the defense force basically and they go as far as to tell you that you're mentally unstable if you say this game is bad in any way. Bonus points if you say FFXI was a good MMO in any way they'll go into a full thesis on why XI was a shit MMO and you should feel bad for playing it. It's pretty much a place to vent your frustrations against "haters" without getting banned from the OF.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDodo View Post
    Has there ever been a follow-up by Yoship or the community regarding open world Primals?

I vaguely remember Yoship saying Primals would appear in the world and affect weather. Free companies would be able to battle and defeat Primals and gain the ability to summon them for a powerful attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They did actually, said they're still thinking about it but have no real concept for it so "it's not forgotten."

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post

Welp.
    The downside to letting your playerbase in on what the devs have planned or are thinking about implementing. Once players know about something, it's a catastrophe if it never sees the light of day regardless of the reason.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by MrDodo View Post
    Rollout of this feature is delayed until implementation of plugin API, so that players can have a way to track spawns.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    In some weird way, I feel like the monthly fees are the only thing keeping a lot of people playing. I know they were for me for a while, I felt like I had to get my value each month out of playing. I probably would've tapered off a whole lot earlier without the monthly subscriptions, but I also probably would've dropped back in for a day or two more often, as well.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    more like $105 DLC (7 months, 1 patch every 3.5 months with the mid-season patches being almost entirely trash) without legacy/multimonth discounting. They aren't even rewarding the loyal customers anymore since they have now added a 7-8 month gap between veteran rewards. Feels good I'm sure.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Let's pretend none of that money goes into infrastructure maintenance and upgrading.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    infrastructure upgrading.
    lmao

infrastructure maintenance costs less than a dollar per month out of everyone's sub unless they're paying some godaddy.com style overpriced server rentals

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

To be fair I haven't touched this game since just before Expansion

I like to check in every now and then to see if it still sucks or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    It's why I like hanging around the zam forums, since the only people left are the defense force basically and they go as far as to tell you that you're mentally unstable if you say this game is bad in any way. Bonus points if you say FFXI was a good MMO in any way they'll go into a full thesis on why XI was a shit MMO and you should feel bad for playing it. It's pretty much a place to vent your frustrations against "haters" without getting banned from the OF.
    Poking my head there now and then, I usually get more the feeling that the regulars aren't 100% happy with the game, either, but also don't want to revisit the pitfalls of XI. Some people unfortunately need to see the "thesis" just so rebuttals of "You're an idiot!" lose steam to the mix of fact/opinion. You'll have some whose minds will never be changed, sure, and are probably just there to stir shit because they're so afraid to ban legit troublemakers as XIV traffic is virtually non-existent.

But really, people who get on about XI being the best game evar are just as bad as the XIV defense force.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

The only thing I really liked better about XI was that I could talk during combat with a keyboard without turfing my DPS/fucking up a tank buster. The slower pace of combat suited me better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast