+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

FFRK - Final Abyss Dungeon 12 - Combat II Event & Strategies

Well folks, we've finally arrived at our final Abyss Dungeon! Normally with the past 11 Abyss Dungeons, these would stay up for about 2 weeks then leave until next month.

However, since this is the final addition, the Abyss Dungeons will stay open 24/7 once this comes out, so no longer need to worry about completing the dungeons within the 2 week window anymore.

Also make sure to work on completing all 12 before 6 months have passed, because sometime soon on JP, they're adding Magicite Dungeons and Main Story chapters that MAY require these.

Event Start Date: February 21

All Information is taken from a mixture of Reddit/Spreadsheets/Kongbakpao Site.

Most, if not all info for the event (Commentary/Ultimate Abilities was directly copy/pasted from it, so all credit to the site for that especially!) comes from this site: http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/abyss-12/

Notable Rewards

6 star Accessory
    1x Soul of Hero
    1x Memory Crystal
    1x Memory Crystal II
    1x Omega Drive Memory Crystal

Omega Drive
    • 6 Star Combat ability
    • 4 hit (0.27 per hit) Single Target Non-Elemental PHY with Modifier increasing with ATK.

Relics (SSB+ or Higher)

Unknown, we'll find out when the special Selection is known.

Battles

Omega Weapon (Nightmare)
    HP: ~???
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Omega Weapon before he uses Nightmare Omega Drive.
    • Do not use Black Magic.
    • Do not use Summons.

Weak: None
    Absorbs: None
    Resists: Everything
    Break Resistance: Null
    Vulnerabilities: None

Abilities

Phase 1

Nightmare Quake: Deal special earth magic damage to all targets (ignores RES buffs)
    Nightmare Tsunami: Deal special water magic damage to all targets (ignores RES buffs)
    Nightmare Flare Star: Deal special fire magic damage to all targets (ignores RES buffs)
    Grand Delta: Deal special heavy NE magic damage to all targets (ignores RES)
    Vengeance: Removes all buffs including stat up.
    Heartless Angel (Counter): Bring all targets’ HP to 1 (trigger: Black/White magic, Ninja attacks)

Phase 2

Nightmare Atomic Rays: Deal special fire magic damage to all targets (ignores RES buffs)
    Nightmare Absolute Zero: Deal special ice magic damage to all targets (ignores RES buffs)
    Nightmare Delta Attack: Deal special moderate NE magic damage to all targets (ignores RES)
    Nightmare Wave Cannon: Deal special NE magic damage to all targets (ignores RES buffs)
    Launcher: Deal special magic damage to all targets, proportional to their current HP.
    Nightmare Omega Drive: Deal special massive ranged physical damage to all targets (ignores DEF)
    Vengeance: Removes all buffs including stat up.
    Absorption: Restore large amount of HP to the user.
    Heartless Angel (Counter): Bring all targets’ HP to 1 (trigger: Black/White magic, Ninja attacks)

Phase 3

Nightmare Holy: Deal special heavy holy magic damage to one target (ignores RES buffs)
    Nightmare Flare: Deal special very heavy NE magic damage to one target (ignores RES buffs)
    Nightmare Meteor: Deal special very heavy NE magic damage to all targets (ignores RES buffs)
    Nightmare Forsaken: Deal special massive NE magic damage to all targets (ignores RES)

Mana Sphere (Red)

JP Text 01: Deal fixed damage to Omega Weapon
    Self Destruct: Deal damage to one target equal to user’s remaining HP (able to exceed 9999)

Mana Sphere (Green)

JP Text 02: Restore large amount of HP to all party members.
    JP Text 03: Restore large amount of HP to one target.

Commentary

Credits to Keytsang:

TO = Top Orb; BO = Bottom Orb

Extra Notes:

Most of his attacks ignore RES buffs. This means that native RES will reduce damage taken. Make sure you equip your characters with high RES armor!

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Ooh. Who to bring for this that won't make it absolutely no fun...

Cid, Tidus, ... hmm.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Refia BSB + Omega Drive :Q

BG Level

So I need to definitely bring Zell, Tidus, Cid, and Tyro. OK gets 5* too I think, so that will probably be my party.

Zell
    Tidus
    Cidolfas
    OK
    Tyro

Edit: I take it back. Here's my better setup

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I actually had some trouble with this one because my physical bssbs are mostly either element or AOE+element (agrias, locke, zack). I ended up using RW deployment tactics and zack hastega ssb, minfilia guts+50 atk ssb, agrias AOE ssb1, rosa (holy ray) and cloud (fenrir overdrive!!!). BSSB curaga heal on a sup 4 is pretty nuts. I also just remembered that cmd1 on rosa has magic blink...

P1: Activate deployment tactics because radiant shield doesn't get wiped and omega's hp is extremely low considering damage output. BSSB heal after 2 attacks, built meter on zack and min. The biggest problem here was omega killing himself - I paired cloud/min bottom and zack/ag top, and wanted cloud to trigger because the green orb always seemed to spawn on the opposite side of the character who finishes p1. Queue minfilia ssb but not zack.

P2: Minfilia ssb goes off; ag whacks the green orb while zack charges apocalypse (haste and AOE damage). Both orbs are blicked but only green procs for heal. Deployment makes big AOE heals good. Beat down commences using zack and ag to blick bottom orb if cloud is out of position; refresh deployment tactics as needed. Rosa just wrathed (maybe threw a bssb healga?) while cloud dps'd with full charge, occasionally proccing orbs on the bottom with min as needed. Got a ton of damage off radiant.

P3: Radiant shield+BSSB heal+guts OP. My impression is that deployment tactics is better RW'd because alph doesn't have com4/sup 4 whereas bssb healers and guts users tend to have at least one of the two. I was pretty upset to have not drawn minfilia bssb and ssb but both have been extremely impressive - I don't have it but imagine raijin's jacket must be even more bonkers.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Times like this were where I wish I had a magic blink, but overall, I went 1/2 because I derped on phase 2.

I took Tyro on my first run that I wiped on and then realized oh wait.. buffing with wall and stuff do nothing here, so I took him out and ended up moving Onion Knight in as a dps (with physical SSB

So I had Tidus (OSB), Bartz (SSB Trueblade) on bottom, Yshtola in the center to spam Asylums (everything else didn't matter), and top row were Orlandu (OSB) and Onion Knight (SSB)

I had OK do Full Charge to pretty much kill whatever orb was on the top while Orlandu focused on the boss and took him down with LS/Thunder God spam, while Tidus and Bartz focused on the bottom orbs and whenever I had a SB up, I'd pop it on the boss too.

Final phase was fine, I think Yshtola died at the very end, and I killed it with Bartz doing Trueblade for like 8k a hit.

RW was Shout.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

my setup was umm

cloud - lifesiphon, bsb/osb/enwind, ace
    lightning - powercharge, bsb, sword+30%
    yshtola - curaja/wrath, bsb, mako
    master - lifesiphon, bsb, fist+20%
    delita - lifesiphon, countertackle, don't remember

i also slapped SC on delita in the off chance that the orbs weren't also resistant to everything, but it turns out they are. high native res makes a huge difference for phase 3, after making that adjustment i cut probably 2k off of nightmare meteor. enwind for cloud turned out to be a giant waste, by the time he got his second phase 3 bar off the boss only had 10-20k left, so the extra damage was completely wasted. delita probably wasn't optimal, but i wanted a crit buff and i had no confidence in eiko being able to keep up. RW was shout, i had a lightning ready with a 0ct on each transition to get it online immediately.

Been having issues, myself. Just can't keep up with heals despite killing the green orbs. :/

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Hm. Are you taking a healer? and best I can say is if you need heals bad, even if you have to SB the orb to make sure it dies fast I would. You hav eplenty of time i feel to kill Omega himself.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Dunno, there seems to be a pretty strict time limit for the fight. Take too long in any phase and you'll get hit with a nasty attack. If you see grand delta, nightmare omega drive, or nightmare forsaken then you've probably lost the fight. Each phase it'll go through abilities from top to bottom in it's list. Second phase you get to cycle twice before the big attack comes out.

And for the record, forsaken did ~7k with res ranging from 350-400. A well timed asylum can get you through forsaken, but no idea what happens after that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

To get the best effect out of killing the spheres in phase 2, you need to kill them in exactly 1 attack each from the 2 "safe" characters. Killing the red sphere with 1 attack from each safe character results in 19999 damage to the boss, and the green sphere results in a 4100 hp party heal. If only 1 character damaged the sphere, or you take more than 2 total attacks to kill the sphere the effect is significantly reduced.

Red Sphere: Focused Counter
    1 Member, 1 Ability: 14999 Raw Dmg
    1 Member, 2 Abilities: 9999 Raw Dmg
    1 Member, 3+ Abilities: 4999 Raw Dmg
    2 Members, 2 Abilities: 19998 Raw Dmg
    2 Members, 3+ Abilities: 9999 Raw Dmg

Green Sphere: Disperse Healing Charges
    1 Member, 1 Ability: Factor 50 Heal (2417 healing)
    1 Member, 2 Abilities: Factor 35 Heal (1692 healing)
    1 Member, 3+ Abilities: Factor 20 Heal (967 healing)
    2+ Members, 2 Abilities: Factor 85 Heal (4108 healing)
    2+ Members, 3+ Abilities: Factor 35 Heal (1692 healing)

You do need a good balance of managing spheres and damaging the boss, since you'll get omega drived after the 10th sphere dies so you can't rely on spheres alone. I would definitely aim to try to get the full healing from the green spheres, red ones don't matter so much as long as they die.

Largely a matter of having only 1 character that can one-shot an orb without an SB of some kind (Lightning with Full Charge). As well, she's my only physical BSB. Bartz's SSB would be my next big physical hitter. Otherwise, was running OK for his BSB, Agrias, and Tyro to try and take advantage of his Blink. Though may use Y'sh instead when I try again.

BG Level

Best thing to do is to bring multi-hit skills and heavy-hitters with multi-hit SBs to wipe out orbs quickly. You need to bring a medica healer as a must, or bring Deployment Tactics to help with damage output.

I changed up my final party, and ended up with:
    Cid
    Cloud
    ---Ysh'tola
    OK
    Squall

That way I had a multi-hit on either side. Once you get to phase 2, don't bother with the green orbs. Focus your damage entirely on the boss. They only heal him for like 4k, which you can easily overcome in a round. Save your SBs for phase 3, because you only get 4 turns to kill him. First thing you should do is pop hastega on phase 3 (build gauges in 2) and then just let everything all out at once. I even stopped using Thunder God because it just wasn't doing it fast enough, even with 30-40k damage resisted per hit. I found that Night Sword was doing 8k each time and that the BSB was far better use of time in the fight.

Don't bother with Shell, Wall, whatever. It's a waste of time. Bring heals. Bring your hardest hitters.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Ended up killing him via blink tanking. >_> Took around 7 turns in phase 3 to kill him and blinked the Forsaken attack.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So my damage seems to be shit tier and I can't figure out why. For combat i'm running the following:

Cloud, Ace Striker RM and OST SB
    Zack, Knights Charge RM and Party Atk UP SB
    Vanille, Mako Might and Healing Burst
    Cyan, Dr Mog and Magic Blink
    Lightning, SB Fills Faster with Abilities RM, OST SB, using Power Chain/Full Charge

If I take Deployment Tactics, I can push second phase before Delta Attack, but I run out of steam between damaging the boss and killing red orbs, my only way of one shotting an orb is lightning or Cloud OST, Full Charge can't pull it off as Zack typically doesn't have a SB ready yet.

If I don't take Deployment Tactics, trying to hold shout to second phase as the haste gets dispelled each phase change, I can't even push phase 2.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    So my damage seems to be shit tier and I can't figure out why. For combat i'm running the following:

Cloud, Ace Striker RM and OST SB
    Zack, Knights Charge RM and Party Atk UP SB
    Vanille, Mako Might and Healing Burst
    Cyan, Dr Mog and Magic Blink
    Lightning, SB Fills Faster with Abilities RM, OST SB, using Power Chain/Full Charge
    OST=OSB? What are your skills like? The party looks like the right general idea but I don't see how you stay buffed - the zack atk up is probably only 15% and DT's atk/mag buff gets dispelled by vengeance. I actually tried using mirror of equity and it was okay but still needs haste to back it up. If you have to use an OSB to kill an orb then something's definitely wrong, that damage is much better spent on omega for p2 or p3. No other com5 soul breaks? Any hastegas?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    OST=OSB? What are your skills like? The party looks like the right general idea but I don't see how you stay buffed - the zack atk up is probably only 15% and DT's atk/mag buff gets dispelled by vengeance. I actually tried using mirror of equity and it was okay but still needs haste to back it up. If you have to use an OSB to kill an orb then something's definitely wrong, that damage is much better spent on omega for p2 or p3. No other com5 soul breaks? Any hastegas?
    My only melee hastega native is shout. And yeah meant OSB.

I do have shadows instant 8 hit SSB, can't remember if he gets synergy. Only other sb for combat is one winged angel (aoe so can't use) and that's about it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    My only melee hastega native is shout. And yeah meant OSB.

I do have shadows instant 8 hit SSB, can't remember if he gets synergy. Only other sb for combat is either elemental from both Cecil's and one winged angel (aoe so can't use) and that's about it.
    Later I'll take a screen shot of my party setup. I only have 3 ranks each for powerchain so I may need to try to hone that.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

hmm, on my run i think 2 unbuffed rounds of lifesiphon (so, 6 uses total) + a powercharge from lightning was enough to put it within 1-2 hits of pushing. granted that is using level 99s and with 8*/natural 6* weapons, so base attack was mid-500s to low 600s, so i have a pretty huge advantage from gear.

i would definitely swap DT for shout or OK burst if running a native hastega isn't feasible. if you're getting your main party buff from RW, you need to hold your first use until phase 2, as you have a lot more HP to chew thru in 2/3. you have a very short time to kill in phase 3 before things start going south; without party stoneskin, nightmare meteor (turn 3) is a potential wipe if you're not topped off, and forsaken will definitely kill anyone left alive after that.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Skip stoneskin, won't do anything since all of it's attacks ignore res buffs (native res from gear still helps though)