Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Dragon Ball: The Breakers (PC/PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/NSW) - 7v1 Survival Action - 2022

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

this looks..... stupid

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Dragonball Z meets Dead by Daylight.

Dragonball Z by Daylight.

DBZBD.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    this looks..... stupid
    I mean, at least it’s better than playing through a slightly changed story for the upteenth time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is it? This is a transparently cheap, way-too-little-too-late pandering to the youth Among Us market capitalizing on the idea that DB is such a "sure-thing" IP that's already popular to that demo that they can't miss no matter what. This game exists as a corporate wager that a formula combining the laziest nostalgia licensing cash-in and cheapest development/marketing possible with a currently popular pvp style will yield a profitable return on investment; no matter how thoroughly you neuter/butcher the source material, "enough" people will still buy this to not suffer a serious loss, and that market might look to Bamco again for a similar product.

I'd rather play a proper offline OG Dragon Ball RPG that retells the full series story again from the start than this tripe.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I wouldn't, and that's not to say that this game will be great, but at least its something different.

We literally -just got- the umpteeth retelling of the same exact story. Do something different. This is different, and it couldn't have cost much to make, plus it uses the same generic assets from Xenoverse, so it ain't costing them much.

If they were going to do something narratively different or interesting like the what-if scenerios from games like Budokai Tenkaichi 3 or games in those vein (I still remember the badass Namek What-if when Dodoria and Zarbon defected against Freeza and it turned into a giant smosh fight against the Ginyu Force), I'd be down, but if its literally just another "fight through the 3 major arcs of the Z series with slightly *cough* better graphics, then count me out. We got that game what, last year? Hell, they're still making Super-based DLC for it as we speak.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I never did play Budokai 3 and felt like I missed out. I played the first one and was 'eh' on it, but apparently they got a lot better after that one?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Budokai 3 and Budokai Tenkaichi 3 are some of the best games of that era.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Closed Beta Coming December 4th (One Day Only)
    DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS is an eight-person online multiplayer game that combines both cooperative and competitive dynamics to create a revolutionary asymmetrical online survival action experience set in the DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE universe. A Closed Beta Test will be organized on PC, enabling players to get their hands on the game. More details regarding Closed Beta Test registration will be shared soon.

DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS, consists of 7v1 matches where seven normal “Survivors” have been sucked into a mysterious phenomenon called the “Temporal Seam” and must contend with the overwhelming power of the eighth player, the franchise iconic rival “Raider,” whose task is to obliterate the Survivor team. The Survivors don’t have any superpowers and must rely on various power-up items, weapons, and pilotable vehicles to battle and evade the Raider while searching for the Super Time Machine to escape oblivion. Concurrently, the Raider will be able to play as Cell, Buu, or Frieza and amass overwhelming power to destroy the Survivor team throughout the match, ensuring complete dominance.

DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS also features a Survivor character customization mode which enables players to design their match avatars by using familiar DRAGON BALL Survivor skins and decorative equipment earned with in-game credits or via optional in-game purchases. Additionally, DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS will link save data with DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2. Stay tuned for more updates in the future.

“The DRAGON BALL series has been a global fan favorite for over 37 years and DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS takes the classic over-the-top action formula and offers an innovative twist with its online survival gameplay,” said Lin Leng, Senior Director of Brand Marketing at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. “Both new players and long-time fans can expect an extremely fun and engaging experience; whether playing as a Raider hunting down fellow gamers or as a Survivor, playing cooperatively to team-up against an iconic rival.”
    https://www.bandainamcoent.com/games...l-the-breakers