BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Date of SoA Revealed: 3/27/13

Final Fantasy XI’s fifth expansion, which was recently revealed this past summer at Vana Fest 2012, now has a release date.

Titled Seekers of Adoulin, this new add-on will see a new job class in the form of the Geomancer. New systems including Pioneering and Exploration will also introduce new elements to the 10 year old MMORPG.

Starting from March 27, 2013, the expansion will be available for PS2, PC, and Xbox 360 in Japan for ¥3980. Services for Seekers of Adoulin will start a day later on the 28th. An official announcement has yet to be made by Square Enix, but all should be revealed soon.

Via: GameNyarth.
    link: http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=4024#more-4024

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Late March? Sounds too early given their usual development progress. Can't wait for yet another expansion with empty zones and jackshit to do out of the gate.
    Spoiler: show
    Buying it anyways because MMO addiction, and I need to see XI to its end

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Can't wait for yet another expansion with empty zones and jackshit to do out of the gate.
    I really hope they will have learned from their lesson of WotG

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

in b4 gamestop collectors edition with no content or bonus for 250 dollars each to fund ff14

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

:Q GEOMANCER, I SHALL LEVEL YOU YET.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Whattttttttttttttt didn't expect it that early.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

too soon. wtf. do you people not realize expansions are normally out 5-6 months after announcement. adoulin got announced back in freaking june. thats 9 damn months between announcement and release. initally i thought this woulda been out in jan

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Here's to an expansion that won't take 3 years to complete!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by gairaiden View Post
    too soon. wtf. do you people not realize expansions are normally out 5-6 months after announcement. adoulin got announced back in freaking june. thats 9 damn months between announcement and release. initally i thought this woulda been out in jan
    That timeline is probably based on having a full proper dev team, not two dev's and a monkey...which would mean 9 months is WAY ahead of schedule.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

hey now thats a talented fucking money lol. seriously though wasn't it already stated SE hired more devs just before adoulin was announced

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Was there any news on if the level cap will get raised?

I was basically wondering because if the level is staying static, then getting gear now (I just came back last week since 2 years ago) might still be beneficial for use later as it can be treated as situational/sidegrade, but if the cap will be lifted again to make all 99 gear next to obsolete (barring the relics which will probably continue with the magian system).

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Late March? Sounds too early given their usual development progress. Can't wait for yet another expansion with empty zones and jackshit to do out of the gate.
    Spoiler: show
    Buying it anyways because MMO addiction, and I need to see XI to its end
    You're a company's favorite kind of customer: embittered, yet obsessed enough to pay every time. <3

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by gairaiden View Post
    hey now thats a talented fucking money lol. seriously though wasn't it already stated SE hired more devs just before adoulin was announced
    I'm pretty sure the monkey is the second in command to Matsui :D

I'm pretty sure lvl cap is staying 99 till the game dies.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    You're a company's favorite kind of customer: embittered, yet obsessed enough to pay every time. <3
    I remember Kaisha saying he took a break before. He may be pessimistic, but the reality of the situation is unknown till SOA, so quite pointless to insinuate he's obsessed beyond reason.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    I remember Kaisha saying he took a break before. He may be pessimistic, but the reality of the situation is unknown till SOA, so quite pointless to insinuate he's obsessed beyond reason.
    I have in the past, and am currently on break because there is nothing of interest for me to do. An expansion at least gives me some story content and locations to explore.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

cap is staying 99. from how i understand it matsui wants to start making gear like dc online does it. basically once you hit lvl cap you get better and better gear from harder content to keep getting stronger. as you get better gear from content you can do the next harder content. it has its plus and minuses to it. plus side is theres always stronger gear to aim for. downside is your old shit gets obsoleted as you get better and better gear from harder endgame.

I hope this means we'll be getting some details on story/lore/Adoulin gameplay this week then. I mean honestly we know basically nothing about the expansion. We have a general idea of what roles Rune Fencer and Geomancer will fill and that's pretty much it.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I hope this means we'll be getting some details on story/lore/Adoulin gameplay this week then. I mean honestly we know basically nothing about the expansion. We have a general idea of what roles Rune Fencer and Geomancer will fill and that's pretty much it.
    Odin fucked something up again

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

2 to 2 and half months before release is when we tend to start seeing tons of expansion info normally. i'd expected some info to start popping up by the next 2-3 weeks or so

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Plus this update brought a lot of Adoulin related quests and information to take part in. They also defined what exactly geomancy involves too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast