+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PS2 question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

PS2 question

OK so i have been playing FFXI on PS2 for 2 years now and recently(last 2 nights) every time i go to hit {tab} key or check someone my game freezes.

Any ideas? The wife uses a comp and the old laptop just cant handle FFXI. Think pulling the HD out and blowing the PS2 out with air would help or is it something else? Any suggestions would be nice.

Thanks

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Re: PS2 question

Do you also check with the keyboard? Have you tried another usb keyboard? See what happens, if it still freezes do:

1. A HD fix with your utility disc.

Check again.

If problem persist:

2. Do a file check (in ffxi) before you log to the game.

Re: PS2 question

well just a little update.......

as of now all the npc's i talk to in whitegate will freeze up on me and i have to hit "escape" then talk to them again so i can get the dialog. Trying to enter the MH in Whitegate totally froze up the ps2. I have checked all my files and POL says everything ok. Npc's in non laggy zones are fine. Doesn't matter if it is hooked up to router or direct its still slow. Keyboards dont make a difference and talking to some friends who play on ps2 they seem to be having the same problems with the "tab" key and checking people. Even grabbed an extra HD i had around and installed FFXI and went through all the updates just to have it do the same thing. As of now i have to log onto my crappy laptop to run through Whitegate then log back onto the ps2 before my laptop dies because it is a crappy Toshiba that loves to over heat while sitting on a block of ice. thank god i only go to whitegate like once a week for assault/whatever.

Gonna wait it out for expansion and see if it gets even worse. It seems like everything on the ps2 just slows down with every update so after expansion it might be time to actually buy a new comp.