Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Absorb-TP "Absorb"?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Absorb-TP "Absorb"?

Been some topics in the past I found via search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

When using Absorb-TP, does the mob LOSE that TP, or do you just get the TP and mob stays the same?

I'm 70DRK and use the spell quite a bit. Personally I've always felt using it has had absolutely no effect on actually reducing the mob's TP, it just gives me an amount of TP based on how much the mob currently has.
    There's 250 rules about TP, what % a mob uses it at different health % and such. From my experience it's never given me the impression that the mob's TP move rate has gone down the slightest. For example, when I absorb 92% TP and mob does a TP move right after.
    But today my LS was adamantly telling me it DOES take the TP away from the mob? I'm skeptical based off my own past 25 levels of using it but can't find anything to support either case. So many people (none of them DRK, though) stated it definitely does, and their confidence has me doubting my own experiences!

-Confused

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

When a mob uses absorb TP on me, I lose TP, same goes for mobs.

Case closed.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

wafik is too fast

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

If you need any more proof and have any experience at all with KV go hold him with a few drk spamming absorb-tp on him, you'll notice a huge difference.

Just to add, it definitely drains the mob's TP. I've fought a few mobs using the DoT + occasional nuke + spamming Absorb TP to prevent TP attacks tactic, and it works perfect. Can go the entire fight without it using a single TP attack despite it obviously getting TP.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Absorb-TP only appears to absorb 50% of the TP after the nerf. So if you absorbed 92 TP, the mob still has another 92 TP to use. The few times I had Absorb TP landed on me (try using it on Colibiri) it only absorbed half the TP I had... so I feel pretti confidant in saying this is how the spell the works.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by diemos
    wafik is too fast
    That's what she said.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthu
    Quote Originally Posted by diemos
    wafik is too fast
    That's what she said.
    Burn.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i've been doing cacrot a few times and having a drk helps alot, we've had a fight where he never used a single tp move... not saying that cacrot is hard to begin with, but if you do it with a small group, 10000needles means ur dun D;

There's also to note that apparently TP moves can't be stunned by AbsorbTP.
    Had that happen in dynamis once in a while, the mob would have used its WS despite my absorb TP hitting in the charging time and getting a good chunk of TP

Ashira

Well, proof lies in the converse as well; if you use Absorb-TP just after it uses a TP move, you'll drain a whopping 0 TP.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

to whoever wrote they've drained TP only to have the mob use a TP move right after;

like Kirschy said, it absorbs 50% of the mobs TP if unresisted. but if the mob had about 200% tp, and you take away 50%, he'll have 100% pretty fast again. especially if ppl are meleeing it, i.e. a merit pt. hence why it would seem it doesn't lose TP. But it definitely does.

while we're on the topic, I wonder if Absorb-TP can get resisted so you drain less, without it being fully resisted? Can't recall any scenario where I drain for 10ish and the mob uses a TP move right after.... except maybe Fafhogg but he doesn't count. I hear he haxx ;(

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek
    to whoever wrote they've drained TP only to have the mob use a TP move right after;

like Kirschy said, it absorbs 50% of the mobs TP if unresisted. but if the mob had about 200% tp, and you take away 50%, he'll have 100% pretty fast again. especially if ppl are meleeing it, i.e. a merit pt. hence why it would seem it doesn't lose TP. But it definitely does.

while we're on the topic, I wonder if Absorb-TP can get resisted so you drain less, without it being fully resisted? Can't recall any scenario where I drain for 10ish and the mob uses a TP move right after.... except maybe Fafhogg but he doesn't count. I hear he haxx ;(
    Keeping in mind also that mobs very seldom use TP just after 100% before they are low health, 25% to be exact. In the three weeks I was down in Den of Rancor farming knives, I was able to very reliably turn away from TP moves as soon as the pursuers dropped below 25.0%, as they would almost never use it until their force point. Often I was able to kill the mob off if I used WS around the 26-30% mark.

Obviously NMs have different rules.