Closed Thread
Page 1 of 130 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Better?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

What's Better?

Rocl:To avoid the unecessary creation of thousands of simple gear comparison threads, we'll attempt to make this your generic gear question thread. If it doesn't work, I blame Suiram. If it does work, all credit goes to me. So let us begin with the OP's question:

Blau Dolch or Stylet??

Original Thread: http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/46517-whats-better.html

The Second Thread

The Thread Formally Known As The Third

WAS IST BETTERSTEIN IV

Jem and the Holograms vs The Misfits V

pDIF to Your Mother VI

Blitz alwaysalwaysalwaysalwaysalwaysalways VII

Honey bunches of What's Better VIII

Vas ist Better Nein

Ten! Ten! Ah, ah, ah.

Eleventy or so.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For Jin: +2 body, thaumas, or something else?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

For Ukon war TP

Ukon/clyamore/---/rvg orb
    Z Tiara/ rancor/brutal / Centurus or ghillie or rng or what?
    ebody+1 perfect augments / rvg+2 war+2 avant +1 / raja / tyrant
    ath mantle / nsash or phasm/ rvg+2 /rvg+2

Now in the
    Earring 1/2/3 what beats what
    Hands 1/2/3 same as above
    Belts is N sash better with the 6 atk but P belt is free so its the easy vs gil thing?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Already Banned
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hands:
    For restraint down I would say Avant +1 - 10 acc/7str/7dex/da+2 is a winner.
    For restraint up Rvg Mufflers +2

Earrings
    Ravager/Brutal

Belts
    N Sash is technically better because it gives attack but if you need gil and acc for some reason you can use Phasm instead.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Ogier's Breeches vs Bale Flanchard +2 for Resolution? In general, is there any WS or situation you *wouldn't* use breeches for?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Falaras View Post
    For Jin: +2 body, thaumas, or something else?
    AF3+2 should win for Jin, since I think the only other Thaumas you'd use is the shoes? Correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm not positive on what all else you would be using or what mobs you're wanting to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Ogier's Breeches vs Bale Flanchard +2 for Resolution? In general, is there any WS or situation you *wouldn't* use breeches for?
    If Ogiers pants 3% weapon skill damage is only applied to the first hit, Bale+2 would easily win. Unfortunately a conclusive decision hasn't been made yet on whether its first hit only yet.

If we assume you're using Ragnarok 99 (143 base damage), have capped fSTR (which should be 23), and have 230 STR, which is kinda like, beyond optimal conditions outside abyssea I think, this would give you a base damage for the WS of around 361. Now unless your fSTR is actually capped, which for anything decently hard it won't be, 12 STR on the Bale+2 pants is going to give at least 11 more damage to your base damage. Moving to 372 over 361 is a 3.04% increase, which is barely above the 3% WSD on Ogiers, if you don't get at least 1 fSTR, it will be 371 over 361, which is a 2.77% increase, if you gain all 3 possible fSTR it's 374 over 361, which is a 3.6% increase (and this 361 number is obviously skewing things a bit into Ogiers favor, not Bale+2s). So I would say if you're using a 99 Ragnarok and know your fSTR is capped, go for Ogiers, if you're not sure or know it wont be, go with Bale+2. If you're using a weapon with lower base damage than Ragnarok 99, it's a safe bet Bale+2 will always win. This is assuming you don't need the extra 5 accuracy on Ogiers and that the 5 attack won't make enough of a difference to matter, cause generally, it won't, DRKs have ridiculous amounts of attack, so generally I'd say to use Bale+2.

If my STR number of 230 is way off for the best Resolution builds, let me know and I will change my answer accordingly, I'm not positive what all you should be using or what Elvaan STR for 99 DRK is.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I like how you switched up goading belt, mars's ring and brego gloves in this set. But I don't think the 1.75 accuracy will ever beat the 2 STR and 2% DA you gain from using Avant+1 hands, phos belt and tyrant ring instead. You would need a whole lot of 'extra attacks' for the 2% DA to give less than 0.875% damage.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Kamikaze
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by kamugi View Post
    If Ogiers pants 3% weapon skill damage is only applied to the first hit, Bale+2 would easily win. Unfortunately a conclusive decision hasn't been made yet on whether its first hit only yet.

If we assume you're using Ragnarok 99 (143 base damage), have capped fSTR (which should be 23), and have 230 STR, which is kinda like, beyond optimal conditions outside abyssea I think, this would give you a base damage for the WS of around 361. Now unless your fSTR is actually capped, which for anything decently hard it won't be, 12 STR on the Bale+2 pants is going to give at least 11 more damage to your base damage. Moving to 372 over 361 is a 3.04% increase, which is barely above the 3% WSD on Ogiers, if you don't get at least 1 fSTR, it will be 371 over 361, which is a 2.77% increase, if you gain all 3 possible fSTR it's 374 over 361, which is a 3.6% increase (and this 361 number is obviously skewing things a bit into Ogiers favor, not Bale+2s). So I would say if you're using a 99 Ragnarok and know your fSTR is capped, go for Ogiers, if you're not sure or know it wont be, go with Bale+2. If you're using a weapon with lower base damage than Ragnarok 99, it's a safe bet Bale+2 will always win. This is assuming you don't need the extra 5 accuracy on Ogiers and that the 5 attack won't make enough of a difference to matter, cause generally, it won't, DRKs have ridiculous amounts of attack, so generally I'd say to use Bale+2.

If my STR number of 230 is way off for the best Resolution builds, let me know and I will change my answer accordingly, I'm not positive what all you should be using or what Elvaan STR for 99 DRK is.
    Whirlwind dirs are also very solid depending on your acc/att values.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsyke View Post
    Whirlwind dirs are also very solid depending on your acc/att values.
    Those are pretty nice, I would actually use them whenever I thought my attack was at least close to cap.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Lancer's Cuissots +2 vs Ogier's Breeches for 5/5 Stardiver(STR_100% mod, 85% when you account for alpha)

Attack+20 Accuracy+20 WS Damage+3%
    vs
    Attack+18 STR+9

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wouldn't avant+1 beat lancer's? And I don't think the wsdmg on ogier's transferring or not was conclusive.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It was found to transfer to all hits, check the math forums, it's conclusive.

2nd question: Does "Enhances Klimaform" Potency+10% on Savant's Loafers+2 only work on Elemental Magic or does it also work for Healing Magic and Elemental WS like Cataclysm?

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post

2nd question: Does "Enhances Klimaform" Potency+10% on Savant's Loafers+2 only work on Elemental Magic or does it also work for Healing Magic and Elemental WS like Cataclysm?
    Doesnt work for healing magic.

Should work for cataclysm but i don't know if anyone has tested it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Perhaps I'm missing something but it looked kinda inconclusive to me with people saying both. And I think someone saying only on natural extra hits not DA. Same with relic bonus too

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

For Drg Stardiver; Drachenhorn or Mekira-Oto/+1? For days with and without the bonus?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

With bonus Mekira+1 without bonus Drachenhorn.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Unless theres some new information somewhere on there that I missed just now when I looked, there is no conclusive findings.
    Feel free to correct my statement and point me to exactly where the conclusive findings are though, as I genuinely want to know how it works.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Nuke dmg wise:

6INT 6MAB

or

15INT

assume t5 nukes

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Assuming thunder V 6mab/int unless you are rocking some pretty rediculous amounts of mab.

Stone V 15 int might win with a reasonable though still large amount of MAB and low dint but still probably 6int/mab

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by grevenilvec75 View Post
    Nuke dmg wise:

6INT 6MAB

or

15INT

assume t5 nukes
    Hyaline for the FC reducing recast time on your good spells, also the /bling factor/-Enmity/Macc over the -macc on oneiros.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 130 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast