Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Turkey Day Maintenance     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Turkey Day Maintenance

Nov. 24, 2005 03:00 [PST]

All Worlds Maintenance (Nov. 24)

At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XI server maintenance on all worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

We ask that those players who were scheduled to enter Dynamis at the time of the maintenance wait until it is over before entering. Please note that we do not guarantee any items that may be lost during the period of the maintenance.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

[Affected Period]
    Nov. 24, 2005 from 9:00 to 11:00 (PST)
    *Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

[Important Update Details]
    To resolve several issues.
    Fafnir just spend 2 WEEKS in jp time, and it's finally in NA time, sneak attack maintenance >< KB also just came into NA time...SE sucks

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Ok, this I don't get... granted yes, it's Thanksgivving here in NA, but the servers for the last 2 weeks have been for the most part stable. Why screw with them now?

edit: And tonight was a high-probability Nidhogg on Siren... ;_;

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Why are they so cryptic on the "Resolved a few issues" declaration...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Fuck you SE.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I think it's a good idea they're doing maintenance on a day that's a big holiday in the US. Maybe they're finally listening to us players and doing maintenance when not a lot of US players would be on. But of course, now I'm going to get flamed by all the people who are NOT spending the entire day with their families instead of playing video games...

Septislut Sexy Brigade
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Coco
    I think it's a good idea they're doing maintenance on a day that's a big holiday in the US. Maybe they're finally listening to us players and doing maintenance when not a lot of US players would be on. But of course, now I'm going to get flamed by all the people who are NOT spending the entire day with their families instead of playing video games...
    them and all other non americans that don't celebrate thanksgiving

The big slew of maintenence before kept the mobs in NA time. I mean no matter what happens people will bash SE, someone will always complain and cry about it and SE is always evil for fixing stuff. Also pop times are relative, some could be in NA time on YOUR server where other's it's not there yet or already burned through a large portion of NA time. Depends on when in window it pops, how fast people kill it etc.

Anyways if the maintenence is in fact for these possible hacks I welcome it, if something in the game is broken and they are fixing it then so be it. We have had a good two weeks where most games have maintenence weekly if not daily.

To pick it on a holiday where most people are with their families or people are working I couldn't be happier to be honest, besides it's short.

I like SE, which seems to be a rarity.

OMG I HAD CHARY TOD!!!!!!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

way to widen the page, jackass.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The only suitable punishment for that is death.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

well, at first I was annoyed, since JP's held Fafnir in JP time by letting it sit up unclaimed so it wouldnt go to NA time for about 2 weeks. a bunch of NA's spent a week moving it out of JP time, and now this...

but if it really is to break that TurnAndBurn bot, then its ok

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    well, at first I was annoyed, since JP's held Fafnir in JP time by letting it sit up unclaimed so it wouldnt go to NA time for about 2 weeks. a bunch of NA's spent a week moving it out of JP time, and now this...

the overnight JP HNM LS (same time as NA ones on Titan) had a stranger method of holding Fafnir. Engage till 50% then escape out. Rinse Repeat.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa

the overnight JP HNM LS (same time as NA ones on Titan) had a stranger method of holding Fafnir. Engage till 50% then escape out. Rinse Repeat.
    Wow, that's rough. o.O; Why would they even engage it though if it was safe enough to escape out and come back, without others claiming it?

On the bright side, at least this maintenance is semi-close to the weekend so it's a lot better then if the maintenance was on, say, a sunday...

what the fuck is turkey day

its NA thing onry gtfo

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sefier, edit your previous post so it doesn't mess up the formatting please.

Quote Originally Posted by James
    what the fuck is turkey day
    Thanksgiving, when the country stops doing anything and gives thanks to Allah for giving them their ulimate representative of what it is to be American, their fine president (Bush.) Then in a pagan ritual they select a turkey as a representation of said president and then eat it to take some of the president's power into themselves. Some choose a (what some would call a more appropriate) ham instead of a turkey, but it's still called turkey day.

lol

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91...2-01-50-17.jpg[/img]

Three minutes later the server kicked everyone