Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Cursed Haidate -1 price check

heya guys... just made 1 last night, and been getting alot of mixed offers for it. So far had 2 ridiculously low offers of 12mil and 15 mil, 1 guy telling me hed think up a price, and someone offering trade for hauberk+1. Ive had some people telling me they think i could get around 50 mil for it, but i have yet to receive any offers even approaching that price. So if you could post any sales youve participated in/heard of, as well as maybe the cost of divine logs on your server to compare, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Acesmcnugget

According to Fairy AH history, 1000 gil.

bah... gotta hate deflation

Servers are in a large deflationary cycle, and I've found evidence that on Asura we aren't bottomed out even 5 weeks after the gil bannings. Enjoy selling that sucker.

I sold these for 55,000,000.

D logs were about 9mil at that time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I think one sold 40m recently on Fenrir, but I doubt you could get more than 30 for it at the time unless someone is really looking.

yeah... figured anywehre b/w 30 and 50 mil if i held out for a good offer, 50 being the desperate case, 30 being what id more than likely end up with. And yes, im dreading finding a buyer... as i said, the only half way decent offer ive received so far is a straight up trade for hauberk+1, which will probably sell even slower than the haidate would. So, all in all, not the best of situations atm, but when it finally does sell, ill be a happy camper^^. Thanks for the input.

Aces

ya thats the thing with crafting. Make a rare HQ, takes so long to sell and so much effort. people have it all wrong with crafters, think its soooo easy and the money is just rolling in.

Quote Originally Posted by noremorse
    ya thats the thing with crafting. Make a rare HQ, takes so long to sell and so much effort. people have it all wrong with crafters, think its soooo easy and the money is just rolling in.
    Says the guy with 70mil. :D j/k

I dunno...it takes so long most of the time because you guys expect rediculous prices for rare HQs. I just think maybe you guys should realize you're asking for too much. Profiting 40-50mil on an HQ is gil some people don't see in a lifetime, and you're expecting to make that in one sitting. It's just a little outrageous. Farming 40-50mil would be an endless hellhole, so I think if you're gonna sell something for that much, expect a long road ahead.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Just add the prices of the gear a mnk or sam would otherwise have to buy to get +6STR and +8acc and go from that + cost of materials as a baseline. The math seems pretty simple to me, unless you're looking for people here to justify you trying to sell it for some multiple of that.

The problem being if we don't profit big on rare hq, all the nqs are worthless to make because they are all loss once you calculate the cost of risk.

Basically, if the recipe is "break even" and it's teir0, you gotta figure that you'll smash 5-15 nqs for every hq you get. So let's say recipe costs 5m to make, sells for 5m plus a token markup. HQ needs to sell at minimum 30m (5x5 + 5) for it to be even barely worthwhile to make.

And then there's the huge pain of even getting someone to buy at that price; spend 10+ hours of actual effort, shouting in jeuno and negotiating to sell one hq piece. Why not just go farm? I could farm easily 2-4 million in that time, so you need to add that to the cost or you're not properly valuing your effort.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    The problem being if we don't profit big on rare hq, all the nqs are worthless to make because they are all loss once you calculate the cost of risk.

Basically, if the recipe is "break even" and it's teir0, you gotta figure that you'll smash 5-15 nqs for every hq you get. So let's say recipe costs 5m to make, sells for 5m plus a token markup. HQ needs to sell at minimum 30m (5x5 + 5) for it to be even barely worthwhile to make.

And then there's the huge pain of even getting someone to buy at that price; spend 10+ hours of actual effort, shouting in jeuno and negotiating to sell one hq piece. Why not just go farm? I could farm easily 2-4 million in that time, so you need to add that to the cost or you're not properly valuing your effort.
    Yeah, I agree with you entirely. I'm just saying, some people try and mark it up above and beyond what it's worth, and then wonder why they can't sell. As much as 50mil is to you, it's that much more to someone who has to let go of it. Just letting people know it's hard to expect people to pay face value for a rare HQ, let alone a marked up price. The concept that "someone will eventually pay my crazy price" isn't a good one, not to say I'm implying you meant that Aurik. (IM LOOKIN AT YOU MORALITYSLAVE!)

I guess I'm just bitter because in the current market environment I've determined that there's pretty much nothing worthwhile to make.

I bet Raineer's been pretty cranky too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i'm pretty cranky since theres nothing decent to make, and anything i try i usually end up with a mil or 2 loss

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I guess I'm just bitter because in the current market environment I've determined that there's pretty much nothing worthwhile to make.

I bet Raineer's been pretty cranky too.
    Oh boy is he ever. Sadly IGE sales are good business for crafters like you and Raineer. When you're profiting off of NQs galore (HAY Errant Houps. for 1mil+) a crafter is in heaven, but when Raineer can't even sell a Manteel for profit... that makes him a /sadpanda.

Yea id have to say in the current market, things still aren't back to normal on shiva. Everyone seems to be tightly holding their gil, and lately ive been getting alot more offers for item > item trade instead of item > gil. It's funny how it seems theres so much less money in the market (which there is) but its just really people holding onto their gil b/c no one is buying crap.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

to the OP: keep in mind, haidate (and log>lumber synth too, for that matter) is a t1 synths, so, roughly 10% chance to HQ. You'll probably get a nice safe amount of profit from it, but its not gonna be any kind of windfall that people are gonna pay ridiculous crazy-ass prices like a togi +1 would be. I'd imagine somewhere around 15-20m, if logs are in the 4-5m range.

Quote Originally Posted by noremorse
    Couldnt agree more with this. I told a friend i would personally pay for the materials, synth the haidate, and sell it to him at cost if it was an NQ. Turns out i HQed, and there were no more divine logs on the AH, so i waited until the next day, bought another log (for 500k more than the previous one), and made it for him and told him to not worry about the 500k, and just pay the price i told him the day before. He told me since i HQed the one before, i should give him a huge discount, which i personally thought was ridiculous. I mean, if i had failed the frist synth, its not like he would have payed for both logs. but anyways, the way i look at it, when i HQ something like this, i consider it a fail until its sold. That HQ is currently 6.2 mil that i wont see anything but a 6.2 mil loss on for quite a while.

i understand perfectly well how the market works, and i could come up with what these *theoretically* should sell for. The only problem is, theories rarely hold up in a game like this. Even though these are a t1 synth, the nature of the materials makes them insanely rare. I have seen only 3 pair on my entire server, one of which i made. So this one is *maybe* the 5th or 6th pair on my entire server. Combine that with the fact that the majority of these are done in contract synths, rather than a woodworker synthing them for profit, and you have an item that has virtually no price history. All I am looking for here is for people who have had experience with a sale of this item to post said experience. With that information, i can formulate what i feel to be a probable price range, rather than a theoretical price range, which, in the long run, will result in a more efficient sale of this item.

For breakeven t1 synths I typically expect 2.5-4x nq price, depending on how easy it is to move the nq.

6m synth -> 15-25m