Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NM's of Aht Urgans Investigation

So far the only NM's I've heard of are Cerberus and a Grand Marid, but the Grand Marid wasn't even a "Real" NM just a tougher pop. Anyone find any new NM's yet?

I'll keep a running discovery list here.

•Cerberus
    - Mount Halvung
    http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/903/cerberus28zz.jpg

•Grand Marid
    -Thickets
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...s/img_0001.jpg

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Orobon on the ships of the expansion.
    Giant Orobon in Talacca Cove.

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

I was running around some of the new zones close to Al Zahbi last night on BST, just randomly killing things, widescanning, hoping to run into a new NM.

Anyway, I spotted something named "Berried Chigoe" on my widescan in Bhaflau Thickets, grabbed a tiger pet, and ran towards it. When I got to it, it was inside the little tunnel on the map at I-7. It wasn't at full HP, but nobody else was around, so either they ran from it or it killed them.

I don't have any screenshots, since I misconfigured the older version of windower I'm forced to use for now, but it looked like a red flea, and had two of its own fleas with it, named "Chigoe's Nit". Both the Berried Chigoe and its Nits checked Impossible to Gauge.

I sent the tiger at the main NM, while I meleed the Nits. They went down easily, and the tiger easily solo'd the NM. Unfortunately it only dropped Beast Blood, so I have no idea what it's drop is, and since it was already there I have no idea how to spawn it either, but I guess it's the first real NM other than Cerberus I've seen mentioned in the new zones.

it's a quest nm, for "Totoroon's Treasure Hunt"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by spuncan
    it's a quest nm, for "Totoroon's Treasure Hunt"
    You're thinking of Plague Chigoe. The one he's talking about is something else.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I killed this thing called Troll Speculator, seemed more like a quest NM though. But I haven't seen it before. Dropped nothing but called 2 Automaton during the fight.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Troll Speculator is for the Finding Faults Quest.

Banned.

BG Level

Couldn't you use the .dats to find out?

It's hard to know if something is an HNM, NM, or normal mob since we're all unfamiliar with the zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    You're thinking of Plague Chigoe. The one he's talking about is something else.
    No, actually I'm not. Do the quest for yourself and you'll see.

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Plague Chigoe is for The Prankster.

Demosthenes11

Anyone know where the .dats for the new areas are?

I don't believe Grand Marid is an NM. I saw it the first day in Woodlands, and I'm pretty sure it checked VT, not Impossible to Gauge.

The only NMs I've personally seen are Cerberus and Plague Chigoe.

Banned.

BG Level

It's hard to know if something is an HNM, NM, or normal mob since we're all unfamiliar with the zones.
    I think we could tell most of the time. At this point we could probably cross out the majority of the monster names with ease.

EDIT:

Orobon dropped Lure.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I think we could tell most of the time. At this point we could probably cross out the majority of the monster names with ease.

EDIT:

Orobon dropped Lure.

Ok. Arrapago Reef, tell me if you've seen: Bukki, Lamia No.11, Lamia No.24, Lamia No.19, Ephramadian Shade (repeated name about 4 times.)

Bukki seems like a unique enough name to be our missing thread headed Dragon, or some random lottery pop NM for god knows which mobtype.

Mount Zhalyom and Caedarva Mire have what looks to be Odin:
    Dark Rider, Dark Bulgar x3, Dark Esquire x3, Peculiar Seed, Warhorse Hoofprint x3.

Has Cerberus repopped on any servers?

Still not up for us...

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    Quote Originally Posted by BRP

EDIT:

Orobon dropped Lure.

Ok. Arrapago Reef, tell me if you've seen: Bukki, Lamia No.11, Lamia No.24, Lamia No.19, Ephramadian Shade (repeated name about 4 times.)

Bukki seems like a unique enough name to be our missing thread headed Dragon, or some random lottery pop NM for god knows which mobtype.

Mount Zhalyom and Caedarva Mire have what looks to be Odin:
    Dark Rider, Dark Bulgar x3, Dark Esquire x3, Peculiar Seed, Warhorse Hoofprint x3.
    Could you please discern which of those is Mount Zhalyom and which is Caedarva Mire?

Banned.

BG Level

I think Odin is the construct that puppets are based on.

The Emperor and his court entertained visions of the giant creation of legend, and when they beheld the shaky gait of Mnejing and the command cord trailing behind her, they assaulted Ghatsad with gales of derisive laughter.
    This one (poor) refrence of what I'm talking about.

The hoofs make it seem you will examine them for the sake of a mission, quest, or nameless quest to pop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    Bukki is just a pop NM for a quest i can't remember....someone in my pt had it flagged aparently...the reward was some enchanted dex+1~8 ring.

It's a bat..and not very difficult.