Patron of Yin

BG Level

Re: Sometimes loyalty hurts big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    3 months and counting...
    explain yourself!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

mabye time since he was next in line for Ridill??? although that would pretty much be par for the course so I don't get it.

xmas inflation?lol

Its gotta' be the McRidillz

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Hm.. I'm trying to prepare my crafts for the Christmas Sale too, wonder how bad it will be this year, or if SE's crackdown team will actually make a difference!

gil has been leaving the servers for a while now... since they fixed fish botting and all other major gil sources.

I get the impressing that RMT sites aren't exactly overstocked on gil, so don't be surprised when XMas comes around and prices don't move an inch.

IGE isn't overstocked at all. They stopped stocking more than 2-3 days worth of gil when their banks got wtfpwned by SE twice.

i dont get it
    loyalty hurts cause your ls hasnt gotten you a ridill before you quiteding?
    loyalty hurts cause you want to ige your gil at x-mas?
    i dont get it
    srsly
    topic name= sometimes loyalty hurts bigtime.
    1st post = 3months and counting
    HUH WTF UNDERSTANDEDING
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeDragoonw/D.in.his.name
    explain yourself!

[quote=shinobi_tabi]i dont get it
    i dont get it
    srsly
    HUH WTF UNDERSTANDEDING
    Quote Originally Posted by "SomeDragoonw/D.in.his.name":77cfb
    explain yourself!
    [/quote:77cfb]

Boy you might be legally retarded.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm gonna have to agree with Faranim. Everyone expects there to be some huge inflation at Christmas and I don't think it's coming. There was a reason it happened last year, so it's not just some seasonal event that will happen every year.

However, from what was said at the TGS about MMORPG economies needing to be in a state of slow but steady inflation, I do think SE will try to reverse the current deflation.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble
    I'm gonna have to agree with Faranim. Everyone expects there to be some huge inflation at Christmas and I don't think it's coming. There was a reason it happened last year, so it's not just some seasonal event that will happen every year.

However, from what was said at the TGS about MMORPG economies needing to be in a state of slow but steady inflation, I do think SE will try to reverse the current deflation.
    I disagreee. See, here's the thing. The only *real* reason the economy needs a "slow but steady inflation" is that it prevents 1 person from having "everything."

However, mmorpg companies will never follow that model because of this:

If you join a game late, like a new player in ffxi now, you just don't have the ways to make money. Sure, you can farm some stuff, you can camp some nm's, etc, etc. But when it comes to someone who's been playing a couple months "needing" a haubergeon, an assault earring, enke braceletes, spiked fingers, etc etc etc, there's a limit.

Many new players view approaching that limit of what you can afford puts you in a situation where you have a choice: give up on the game completely, or buy gil.

And guess what? More than a few people choose giving up completely. Perhaps even more than choose to buy gil.

And yes there's the third option of farming endlessly, but I just don't see the new players doing that like we used to.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

While you have a point of about SE's potentially adjusting the economy to go back into steady inflation, I think the point still stands that we won't see some ridiculous sale coming from IGE this Christmas.

They actually have to have the gil to sell it. I don't think they have it in the quantities they once did, especially with SE killing their banks. It would be a ridiculous amount of loss for them to sell it cheap unless they have tons of it. It's not like they need new customers. If they have a very slow inflow of gil they will probably just keep selling it at highly profitable prices to their regulars.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    ...If you join a game late, like a new player in ffxi now, you just don't have the ways to make money. Sure, you can farm some stuff, you can camp some nm's, etc, etc. But when it comes to someone who's been playing a couple months "needing" a haubergeon, an assault earring, enke braceletes, spiked fingers, etc etc etc, there's a limit.

Many new players view approaching that limit of what you can afford puts you in a situation where you have a choice: give up on the game completely, or buy gil.
    I have to agree completely with that. On top of that, threads like these might as well be an ad for IGE.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12707

Don't get me wrong, I understand both sides. I'm obviously going to want to invite the guy w/ the haubergeon over the guy w/ AF1 to my party. I just feel there sort of should be a sliding scale on how you judge someone's gear. Someone that is on their first job with crap gear is more understandable than someone with multiple high level jobs w/ crap gear. I'm just glad I started this game 1-2 weeks after it came out where even AF1 was considered uber gear. I'd like to see them change AF1 for all jobs making it almost as good as the haubergeon/harness/vermillion.

[quote=Seebo]
    Quote Originally Posted by shinobi_tabi
    i dont get it
    i dont get it
    srsly
    HUH WTF UNDERSTANDEDING
    Quote Originally Posted by "SomeDragoonw/D.in.his.name":eea3a
    explain yourself!
    Boy you might be legally retarded.[/quote:eea3a]
    Cause i'm not illegally retarded right?

Why would you say such a thing, is it because i hit enter for new sentences/thoughts instead of conforming to your own standards of grammar?

keep it real, representing infitum nihil with your blm/brd/whm sig-o-infinite-leetness

or atleast just tell me how the topic and OP made sense to you

Infinitum*

Edit: topic made no sense at all to me, I just felt like commenting on your retarded post.

point proven, yor grammar skill aces mine, you like to try to make someone look dumb, even if it is yourself...
    edit: a ok you admit being a asshole and ... off- topic
    i thought posts like that, with just ripping on someone, werent allowed?
    too bad i pull no weight here or BANSTICK

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

I disagreee. See, here's the thing. The only *real* reason the economy needs a "slow but steady inflation" is that it prevents 1 person from having "everything."

However, mmorpg companies will never follow that model because of this:

If you join a game late, like a new player in ffxi now, you just don't have the ways to make money. Sure, you can farm some stuff, you can camp some nm's, etc, etc. But when it comes to someone who's been playing a couple months "needing" a haubergeon, an assault earring, enke braceletes, spiked fingers, etc etc etc, there's a limit.

And guess what? More than a few people choose giving up completely. Perhaps even more than choose to buy gil.

And yes there's the third option of farming endlessly, but I just don't see the new players doing that like we used to.
    The biggest problem with gil in FFXI is that it's extremely devalued compared to the early stages of the game, and rather than try to solve that problem, SE has basically assumed that less gil in the system automatically means that items will be more affordable to casual players, when the best methods of getting gil still involve making/camping something and selling it to somebody else.

The twofold problem about RMT in FFXI is that it not only increased the circulation of money (and increased demand for items because more people could more easily acquire the gil to buy those items), but it also increased the problem of limited supply of items when groups of gilsellers camp them for that sole purpose. Making billions of gil disappear from the system doesn't really solve the overall problem of supply + demand, it simply creates a hiccup that smart people can capitalize on until the market gets closer to equilibrium again.

But really, the main problem of FFXI's economy is just supply vs demand. SE created an economy / game dynamic that worked for less mature servers, but has been very slow in adjusting for the maturation of servers. I don't know what they have in the works for the rest of ToAU, but really it would not be that difficult to set up a game economy that makes RMT much less intrusive to playability of the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast