Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Question about changing Mythic.

Several years ago when Mythic was first released I activated the quest with the Inferno Claws for PUP mythic. I kinda just let the quest sit there until recently. I finished all of the "Title" gathering for the first part of the quest and started working on the second portion of the quest gathering points etc and am 42/50 on the assault redoes. However I already have Verethragna and would like to do a different Mythic instead. The information is very limited from what I can find about how to go about changing the weapon. What changing the weapon means etc. I have not turned in any items to the Quirin NPC yet for the second quest. Does anyone have any advice for me on how to change from Kenkonken to something else? and will I need to redo all of my Assault wins if I choose to do so?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Ask in the Random Question Thread next time, and you're going to lose all your progress on the second quest (you will have to toss the books) if you change which mythic you've handed in to the NPC. Anything from the first quest (titles, captain, etc.) will still be saved of course.

If you still want to change, just trade a new weapon to Naja's lackey.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

This is something I've been wondering forever too! Since I started the quest so long ago, I'm being paranoid if I really traded the weapon I think I traded. But there's no way to check as far as I know... does trying to switch weapons, force Abquhbah to ask you if you REALLY want to change from X to Y? Or does he immediately change the weapons and erase progress on the 2nd quest, without questioning?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

From when I changed mine over:
    Code:
    [00:24:41]You already have a weapon turned in for safekeeping.
    [00:24:41]The same weapon, or any other weapon, for that matter, cannot be accepted at this time.
    [00:24:42]A new weapon may be submitted for safekeeping, should you choose to abandon the weapon currently being held.
    [00:24:45]yAbandoning an item will cause Paparoon to purge your records, resetting the process.
    [00:24:45]As this is irreversible once executed, please use your best discretion.
    [00:24:50]yTurning in a weapon for safekeeping will cause all data recorded to it to be reset.
    [00:24:50]Please exercise caution!
    [00:24:55]Do you wish to abandon the weapon you currently have turned in for safekeeping?
    [00:25:01]yThe main gauche has been returned to you.
    [00:25:01]A new weapon may be turned in for safekeeping at any time.
    Don't recall if it offers a popup of what weapon you have, but it's definitely not in the log until you've already said yes yes yes. Try it on the test server.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Sorry about the location. Thanks for the quick responses though. And looks like I'll make Kenkonken cause I am not redoing all those assaults again lmao.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Pretty much you'll have to redo everything as people have said. I was unsure myself so I've tried things on the test server. You can do this yourself as well if you are unsure.

Abquhbuh is holding a weapon for you (assumed to be your pup h2h). If you trade him another nyzul weapon and after many "are you sure" warnings, he'll return the h2h to you, leaving you with that and the weapon you just traded him. This will leave you ready to start the quest anew by turning in any new weapon (including the one he was holding). You'll then be prompted to do the chariot/odin/beastman quest which will be completed instantly since you're done already. You'll be directed to go to Nashmau to talk to the qiqirn. He'll try to give you new assault memories and whatnot. Once you've disposed of your old logs, you're good to go.

The assaults aren't that bad and if you that's the only thing you've turned in you shouldn't let THAT be the reason you end up doing Kenkonken.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leiberfond View Post
    looks like I'll make Kenkonken cause I am not redoing all those assaults again lmao.
    right because that's the hard part about making a mythic weapon

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lol, not that I care, but why are you being such an asshole Priran? I ask cause your last 3-4 posts you just seem like your mad at something?

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

need 2 be liek th3 k00l kidz