+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level

FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer!

Hey guys,

I was browsing the apple site looking at some movie trailers and hit jackpot! Don't know if this is OFN but it seemed pretty new to me!!!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fa...esilversurfer/

^
    Teaser trailer of the next Fantastic Four movie featuring Silver Surfer!!
    I had read that this movie was in the making and was really excited since I used to collect his comic books as a kid, but this is the first time I see how they render him on the big screen! :D

What do you guys think? (prz no flame!)

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Ho.
    Ly.
    Shit.

No, seriously, wood popped.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Looks shiny, but I'm not holding out much hope after seeing the last one.

Same trailer was on at Night at the Museum, looks pretty kick ass. I don't like the fantastic 4, (except Jessica Alba) but SS looks pretty bad ass.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Looks awesome. But I thought Silver Surfer was good (I think he was...manipulated once but otherwise good?) Been like 10+ years since I read comic books about him <.<

Xavier

Like all comic book characters, they're eventually good at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Like all comic book characters, they're eventually good or bad at some point.
    On Earth, the Surfer encountered a number of individuals whose nobility and honor touched him, such as the Fantastic Four and their companion Alicia Masters. The Surfer chose to rebel against Galactus and attempted to prevent his master from consuming the Earth. Galactus was eventually driven off, but as punishment for his rebellion, Galactus confined the Surfer to Earth by creating an invisible barrier which affected only him (deprived him of his space-time powers in the original version - the "Great Barrier" first appeared in the Doctor Doom story arc the following year).
    Trailer only shows the begining, but I have a feeling towards the end he'll come around.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I've really been waiting for the comic book movies to expand outside of a single city at a time.

I wonder if there will be a huge cliffhanger ending with Surfer turning "good" at the end and showing the threat of Galactus as a "things to come" scenario.

Groovebox

I've always thought Silver Surfer was lame :/ and the first FF sucked massive amounts of sack.

O.M.F.G.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

My question is...how the hell are they going to fit Galactus into the screen? If i remember my comics right, that sucker was larger than some planets including Earth. Or could he resize himself? Don't think I ever saw him actually inside the planets, but always hovering outside their atmosphere.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Like all comic book characters, they're eventually good or bad at some point.
    On Earth, the Surfer encountered a number of individuals whose nobility and honor touched him, such as the Fantastic Four and their companion Alicia Masters. The Surfer chose to rebel against Galactus and attempted to prevent his master from consuming the Earth. Galactus was eventually driven off, but as punishment for his rebellion, Galactus confined the Surfer to Earth by creating an invisible barrier which affected only him (deprived him of his space-time powers in the original version - the "Great Barrier" first appeared in the Doctor Doom story arc the following year).
    Trailer only shows the begining, but I have a feeling towards the end he'll come around.
    Yeah, I just meant that most bad guys eventually come around after the "heroes" defeat them.

The first movie, it was, eh, a mixed bag to me. On one hand, it was a very goofy movie, and didn't really have the feel of X2 or Spider-Man 2, so I was kind of disappointed. I really like it when they take comic book characters and give them semi-serious storys for the live-action adapations.

FF was a lot like X3 to me, in that it was a "comic-book movie" instead of a "movie with comic-book characters". If you went into it just for pure popcorn action, it wasn't really that bad. The new trailer is cool, looks like they just took a minute and a half from the actual movie to introduce the character. I like how he looks personally, though I've heard a few people complain about his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    I've really been waiting for the comic book movies to expand outside of a single city at a time.

I wonder if there will be a huge cliffhanger ending with Surfer turning "good" at the end and showing the threat of Galactus as a "things to come" scenario.
    Hollywood does love their trilogies.

Kind of off-topic, but does anyone know why most studios never really go beyond movie #3 in a series? Is the trend pretty much that the cost of making the 4th and on movie in a series outweighs the profit? I can only really think of Rocky (5 was horrid tho), Star Wars (prequels might not count) and Lethal Weapon as having gone beyond 3.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Kind of off-topic, but does anyone know why most studios never really go beyond movie #3 in a series? Is the trend pretty much that the cost of making the 4th and on movie in a series outweighs the profit? I can only really think of Rocky (5 was horrid tho), Star Wars (prequels might not count) and Lethal Weapon as having gone beyond 3.
    Hollywood did some market research a while ago and found out that movies that extended their sequel streak past #3 either required original names (Batman & Robin, Superman Returns) to have any hope of audiences returning to see them. Audiences apparently don't like seeing numbers past 3 on movie titles as it reeks of 'stretching it.'

I don't necessarily agree with that research but that's the metric they use. After all, who remembers Police Academy 6? Lethal Weapon 4? Not sure if horror movies count but they certainly stop losing their individuality/replay value after a few sequels. 'Sup Halloween 4, Nightmare on Elm Street 5, etc.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Lethal Weapon 4 wasn't bad.

But I suppose you could say past Rocky III was "stretching it". I didn't see IV and only like 1/2-2/3 of V, but it didn't seem as good. Haven't gone to see new one (might download lol).

For comic book characters really you shouldn't be worried about trilogies. The stories and characters have survived for decades, just don't fuck the characters up and you'll be able to make movies for decades on them.

Xavier

Lethal Weapon IV was good, and Rocky IV was pretty good too, I liked it more than 3 anyway.

Die hard 4 is supposed to come out, I'm pumped.

Wow, he basically kills flame guy w/o trying.......

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    hopefully he woops all the other two asses and flies off to have hot sex with jessica alba. I'd pay $4 for the matinee of that.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    I always thought Silver Surfer was pretty much the strongest humanoid super hero ever. Isn't/wasn't he stronger than Superman?

I have little memory of it, but wasn't there some super galactic superhero war and pretty much everyone died but SS? lol