BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Randoming NM? What?

Reading the newest post, you talk about /random on NM to decide claim. Could explain the rule? I've never heard this rule. On Lakshmi, its moreless whoever gets claim first, gets the NM. If they die, its whoever is ready and gets claim after them.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

If an LS claims a HNM like Fafnir, KB, etc., but ends up wiping to it, and there's more than 1 LS there that's reasonably capable of killing it and ready, then the general rule has been to /random for claim order afterwards.

There've been some problems on this server, sometimes due to confusion/not knowing about it, sometimes (apparently) due to greed/poor sportsmanship in the case of EFxHHxSG, but when everyone involved is willing to work with the system it's a nice system.

Xavier

The problem with random a lot of times is that when you are dealing with asshole LSes, it kinda goes like this:

Asshole >> Sure we'll random, lets go.
    Asshole roles a 2.
    Asshole >> wtf this is a retarded system guys start voke spamming.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Have people ever considered to do /random prior to pop? That would even out the playing field for Japanese and North Americans alike. Also if an LS wins Random to take a shot at it first, that makes people standing spamming voke and causing lag to leave the area, which in end would benefit everyone. Imagine standing on the ledge and waiting for Faf to pop, instead of standing in the middle of the room not knowing where he's gonna pop and being totaly unprepaired.

I think such a system would be very nice if it was ever implemented. How would it work? Everyone knows pop window on most of the HNMs, any LS that reasonably prepaired (Amount of members has to be declared) and ready to fight when it pops will cast /random and any LS that shows up after the window is open is not allowed to random.

Doubt that any Japanese LS would go for it, but you never know. Another benefit of such a system would be, knowing in advance if your LS would get the pull or not, definatly would cut down on wasting time for 3 hours spamming voke not knowing if you gonna get the pull.

I've alsways looked at spam voke competition sorta like a wild west shoot out, who gets the fast draw wins. 8) At least the pre-pop /random will make it less frustrating and ease some tension between LSs. My 2 gil. :D

i heard of people randoming for certain named mob's in EQ in certain situations. i bet it worked really well.

i dont think it would work so well in ffxi because the NM youre randoming for is probably the only good NM that's popping within the next many hours. there's just not enough content so whereas in EQ you could have lost a random and just gone and done something else, in FFXI you lose and there's just nothing to do.

solution: add more endgame content :3 or take off lockout timers/time limits on dynamis or something like that (assholes)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    i heard of people randoming for certain named mob's in EQ in certain situations. i bet it worked really well.

i dont think it would work so well in ffxi because the NM youre randoming for is probably the only good NM that's popping within the next many hours. there's just not enough content so whereas in EQ you could have lost a random and just gone and done something else, in FFXI you lose and there's just nothing to do.

solution: add more endgame content :3 or take off lockout timers/time limits on dynamis or something like that (assholes)
    That's very true, but you also have to take into consideration that after server maintance alot of mobsare reset and are camped and people rush from NM to NM. Well, you could waste 3 hours or as you said could have done something else instead. Either way, it's an optimised way to NM camping imo. I agree with one thing tho, more NMs is better than the current amount.

I agree on Dynamis with you, timers are lame and need to be removed, but would you be using Hourglass if they did? Also, why do you end up losing more EXP in the area you don't gain any EXP at all? They should make it like Ballista where no EXP is lost due to death (That will prevent any whining any Dynamis LS faces when people don't want to go cause there's nothign for them but EXP loss. :wink: )

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Hirro... Start lvling with my monk more... you are a great bard.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Let me catch up to ya on PRD you asshole. You know you want some of this galka buttock :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sadler
    Let me catch up to ya on PRD you asshole. You know you want some of this galka buttock :D
    I think that I am the only one around here with that particular proclivity.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm sorry my BRD is taken. I'm in 2BRD/2RNG/NIN/SMN statik. :D

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Have people ever considered to do /random prior to pop? That would even out the playing field for Japanese and North Americans alike. Also if an LS wins Random to take a shot at it first, that makes people standing spamming voke and causing lag to leave the area, which in end would benefit everyone. Imagine standing on the ledge and waiting for Faf to pop, instead of standing in the middle of the room not knowing where he's gonna pop and being totaly unprepaired.

I think such a system would be very nice if it was ever implemented. How would it work? Everyone knows pop window on most of the HNMs, any LS that reasonably prepaired (Amount of members has to be declared) and ready to fight when it pops will cast /random and any LS that shows up after the window is open is not allowed to random.

Doubt that any Japanese LS would go for it, but you never know. Another benefit of such a system would be, knowing in advance if your LS would get the pull or not, definatly would cut down on wasting time for 3 hours spamming voke not knowing if you gonna get the pull.

I've alsways looked at spam voke competition sorta like a wild west shoot out, who gets the fast draw wins. 8) At least the pre-pop /random will make it less frustrating and ease some tension between LSs. My 2 gil. :D

Worldx tried to do that. Before nidhogg popped (maybe an hour before), he was doing a lot of /shouts and /say suggesting people to /random to see who gets nidhogg instead of having waiting for it to pop/whoever vokes wins.

Out of the 120+ people in the zone. Guess who replied to his idea or even said OK let's do it.

No Linkshells

lol

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

On some servers where there's only a handful of HNMLSes who do HQ HNMs they rotate. I'm pretty sure Quetzolcoatl server has something like that going, but yeah, unless every HNMLS involved is agreeable to it, it's tough to do. Also, I agree with Bert that it could be more workable if there were more endgame HNMs / dynamis content / whatever to do if you lost a random for one HNM. Three isn't really enough for 6-12 HNMLSes to compete over.