+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

The Mars Volta - Exit. Antemasque - Enter.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

fuck yeah

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

so, anyone get it yet? any good?

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

it's definately not musically there. it's really... detached from the musical plane. i'm about halfway through it. sounds like background music to a movie, which is unfortunate.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

so far i'm pretty fond of the last half of the album. the first half is a lot of repetitive singing and kinda boring. maybe i'll change my mind after listening some more.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Necrobump cause RIP Mars Volta.

‏@cedricbixler_

Thank u 2 all VOLTA fans u deserved more especially after the way u rooted for us on this album. I tried my hardest to keep it going

‏@cedricbixler_

But Bosnian Rainbows was what we all got instead. I can't sit here and pretend any more. I no longer am a member of Mars Volta.

‏@cedricbixler_

All I can do is move forward with my music and just be happy that mars volta ever happened at all. God Damn we had a blast. Thank u again

Omar is working on Bosnian Rainbows and Cedric is doing a solo project. :[

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The Mars Volta - RIP

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

that's fail, saw them live in 2004 in norman OK when they opened for a perfect circle. had never heard of them before, but was very impressed with them and would have seen them again in a heartbeat.

BG Level

thank god

now the shitty elevator prog-pop they've been releasing since Amputechture won't poison the memory of who they once were

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Goliath was the last great thing they did.. I'm biased though. I saw them live during that time and they did a crazy 30 minute set of the song goliath

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I saw them live in 06, they opened for System of a Down. They were decent.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I also saw them in '06 opening for System, I hadn't heard of them before but it was pretty good for what I remember.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've seen them 4 times. The best show for me was their April 2nd 2008 show in Miami (I have their poster from that show, best $40 spent ever).

Definitely a bitter sweet ending since they will forever be my favorite band growing up. Hours and hours and hours of listening to De-Loused..explaining Frances the Mute's story to my friends..the angst feeling from Amputechture..the kick assness with the Bedlam..then the rest kind of fell off. They were good, but De-Loused was the best

Oh well. I do enjoy Omar's side projects. A lot of them are good time killers while working and Bosnian Rainbows is a great side project. Can't wait for more of Juan and Cedrics stuff

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Also totally glad I got the signed Noctourniquet poster from the pre-order

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I didn't even bother with Noctourniquet.. After Octahedron I was like ehhhhhhhhhhhhh...... It had a few great songs but jeez. I'm not surprised by this, but it sucks pretty bad. I am a huge Volta fan, an I hate to see a band like this break up, but it's probably necessary.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://forum.thecomatorium.com/forum...owtopic=126715
    https://www.facebook.com/ThomasPridg...44579958895044
    Thomas Pridgen · 14,599 like this
    4 hours ago ·

Apparently there was a big The Mars Volta leak aka (give away) that happened yesterday...im pretty sure the songs i loved playing on Octahedron that didnt make the record are on there and im excited
    [DL link so go to the FB page so it isn't posted on BG]

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ohemgee View Post
    I've seen them 4 times. The best show for me was their April 2nd 2008 show in Miami (I have their poster from that show, best $40 spent ever).

Definitely a bitter sweet ending since they will forever be my favorite band growing up. Hours and hours and hours of listening to De-Loused..explaining Frances the Mute's story to my friends..the angst feeling from Amputechture..the kick assness with the Bedlam..then the rest kind of fell off. They were good, but De-Loused was the best

Oh well. I do enjoy Omar's side projects. A lot of them are good time killers while working and Bosnian Rainbows is a great side project. Can't wait for more of Juan and Cedrics stuff
    now i'm lost