Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cursed Mail -1     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Cursed Mail -1

Anyone serverwide ever try to make this? There are maybe two or three floating around Carbuncle, the one for sale is 40mil (yea right ._.) but I wonder if anyone has been able to HQ one of these bad boys, I'm looking to make one of these soon ><; hoping to get it withing 19synths before my taru heart breaks w.

How odd I was just getting ready to post asking how much these go for. I have a huge stock of dragon bloods from desynthed hearts. Was going to try and go for one of these bad boys.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

being that it's 99, i would say it's about a 1% chance of HQ like all the stuff that is that high.

if you wanted to make greaves, cuisses, or finger gauntlets, you could get a lot better HQ rate on them and probably make more money if you're doing it strictly from a money making standpoint

I have been trying on and off for a while now, 0/10 ._.

Problem is selling the NQ, they rarely sell and now the JP crafters have undercut the NQ from the 700k i had them at to 280k. Cost about 600k to make one :/

Pretty much a complete gil sink since the NQ wont shift and there is always 2-3 others on the AH which you know are undercut to shit.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Well there is always the chance that you'll pop HQ off the first synth, which would make my heart melt XD This one guy on our server has HQ Dalmatica, and Armada Hauberk (he prolly made this one himself b/c he is 100smithing), also had somone in my LS(Pulverise from my LS) make cursed hauberk -1... Technically speaking Cursed mail -1 shouldn't be hard to make seeing as how it doesn't require a sub craft... and the cursed bodies that do I've seen HQ'd (cept Togi) but then again just about everything is luck no?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Saying it's "not too hard" is an understatement. Sure you could be lucky and get it on the first synth

A 100 GSer in my crafting ls is 0/89 on blessed trousers.

Quote Originally Posted by deadzee
    Saying it's "not too hard" is an understatement. Sure you could be lucky and get it on the first synth

because blessed trousers are clothcraft? haha

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by deadzee

Yeah, I'd be 0/89 too trying to synth some Triumph Earrings with my Clothcraft skill.

The 100 GSer is probably a WHM, trying to get Blessed +1 made. If not.. well then Im confused.

I only know of 1 being made on Ragnarok, don't know what happend to it though, and the crafter of it has quit.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by mifra6b
    I only know of 1 being made on Ragnarok, don't know what happend to it though, and the crafter of it has quit.
    I remember seing that in her bazaar and thinking "You so RMT'd that but people will think you made it 'cause you have high Alchemy".

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I seen a handful of Blessed Braiults+1 around the server and those are 100(no subcraft) so I'm kinda just basing it off what I see in the server, I have a lot of theories as to reasons why you don't see these often, but I only spoke to one person on my server and the reason he gave me would be the one reason you don't see people popping them on normally and that is, lack of materials... Since the body requires dragon scales and 2x dragon blood it makes it quite tricky to get a hold of items for the synth... but then again I could just be trying to avoid the cold chilling fact that its a 99 and a ~5% chance of HQ, was hoping I could get more input from other alchemists, but none on my server are NA, and the JP on my server are rude and they choose not to respond when you talk to them (even if you try to speak in japanese to them..)...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    The 100 GSer is probably a WHM, trying to get Blessed +1 made. If not.. well then Im confused.
    He is, and his best friend irl is 99.4 cloth.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

theres a cursed mail-1 for sale on caitsith, i think its a 75mil price tag, he tried selling at 95mil and is lowering as time passes

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Enjou
    I seen a handful of Blessed Braiults+1 around the server and those are 100(no subcraft) so I'm kinda just basing it off what I see in the server, I have a lot of theories as to reasons why you don't see these often, but I only spoke to one person on my server and the reason he gave me would be the one reason you don't see people popping them on normally and that is, lack of materials... Since the body requires dragon scales and 2x dragon blood it makes it quite tricky to get a hold of items for the synth... but then again I could just be trying to avoid the cold chilling fact that its a 99 and a ~5% chance of HQ, was hoping I could get more input from other alchemists, but none on my server are NA, and the JP on my server are rude and they choose not to respond when you talk to them (even if you try to speak in japanese to them..)...
    people skill up on blessed briaults, skill up items like panzer mask and blessed briault usually will have lot more HQs floating around. Cursed mail -1 is much rarer because u won't see people skilling up on them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm 0/7 on Cursed Mail -1. It's the last piece I need for full set.

The problem, IMO, is getting all the dragon scales to make the Dragon Mails necessary to make the Cursed Mails.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Gogo Carbon! I believe in you! lol

Yea its pretty rough getting dragon scales for the dragon mail, but I was trying last night and went 0/19 ><;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; and 0/2 on mask... This could take a while ._.;

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ya ok, my ls has like 60 of those fuckin scales no one wants.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon

The problem, IMO, is getting all the dragon scales to make the Dragon Mails necessary to make the Cursed Mails.
    RotP is killing KB,Nidhogg,Aspid now?