BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Anyone duoed Prehistoric Pigeons?

I’ve duoed ODS a few times in the past for fun and a little Gil. I’m after a Grave Digger for my up and coming lolDRK and to mess around with on BLM. Has anyone successfully duoed this? (Probably with 2 BLMs.) Or do you have any “small number PT” success stories for this KSNM? Advice and tips much appreciated. ^.^

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Scythes that are usable by BLM for DRK fail.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Scorps is easy, Birds is hard because the birds get harder after each one is killed. Start hitting harder, resisting sleeps, etc. Easiest way I did this BCNM was blm x 6 (prolly less works). Anytime we took standard setups we just got floored.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    Scythes that are usable by BLM for DRK fail.
    You're just a big meany.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Scorps is easy, Birds is hard because the birds get harder after each one is killed. Start hitting harder, resisting sleeps, etc. Easiest way I did this BCNM was blm x 6 (prolly less works). Anytime we took standard setups we just got floored.
    Yeah from the little bit of research I did online, that's the impression I was getting too. I was kinda hoping someone might of duoed to trioed it. Not that many people in my LS seem interested in it, and fuck pickup PTs. Thanks for the reply though! :D

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Have BLM burned it with 4, would prolly be tough with less, but possibly doable.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I think this should be trioable by 3 fairly decked out BLMs. 3xThundaga3, ES Sleepga2, repeat. The trick would be to kill them all at the same pace so they die all at the same time. Thus avoiding the problem of their difficulty changing when one or more dies.
    EDIT: >.>?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Probably; if you're doing it with only 3, however, I suggest you use ES sleeps, as these birds have a much higher resist rate on sleeps than the scorps (Never resisted a sleep on scorps, and did scorps like 10x as many times as these; birds I have prolly gotten resist 1/5 or so of the time on one or more bird).

Having done PP many times, I can tell you that you must use ES on each sleep (I have enfeebling at 279 and I get resists without ES). Also, when manaburning, even with 5 blms you won't always put them down in 2 waves of ga3s (thank you blm nerf).

So I'm really not sure 2 blms could pull it off; you'd have to probably thundaga 3 them, sleepga 2 them after the initial hit with both of you (which would be tough since you'll need both blms nuking), and then nuke them down individually after that. With only 2 ESs available I just don't think you'd have enough firepower to pull it off before they wake and finish you.

Above and beyond all that, remember that the bard bird can not only be a whore and wake them all, but this is a problem because they have a tendency to separate as he sings and the other 3 come in to kick your ass. Good luck if you try, but I wouldn't try it without 4 or more blms.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So it is decided 3 BLMs go!!!!!! I shall post results soon. :O
    Edit with 3 BLMs you would be able to get off 4x3xThundaga3 >.> With merits, food, and decent gear I think that should be enough dmg to kill 4 fairly easy mobs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

UPDATE: Just trioed this. Admittedly with like 3 of the best BLMs on the server, but it was piss easy. Managed to sleep them after first volley of -ga3s without ES too. Shit drops though. ; ; Going twice more. Will post SSs soon. ^.^ I really think this could be done with 2 BLMs however. That is my challenge to you good people of BG!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

3/3 god damn what a joke. lol ^_^ Gravedigger:O too ^^

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Now you get to find out 10 base damage > 6% Crits (Death Scythe vs. Gravedigger)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Kill joy. ; ;

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Protip: The BLM "nerf" is based upon element, so if you cast different element spells, your damage will not decrease; IE Half casting blizzaga and half casting thundaga will prolly do more than everyone casting blizzaga.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by seia
    Protip: The BLM "nerf" is based upon element, so if you cast different element spells, your damage will not decrease; IE Half casting blizzaga and half casting thundaga will prolly do more than everyone casting blizzaga.
    You are retarded

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Protip: If you use the corresponding elemental staff your nuke dmg will slightly increase

Old Merits
    BG Level

semi-on topic, What's the best KSNM to smallteam a Retributor? Can Horoscope be done with 2-3 SMNs without much difficulty?

EDIT: I just noticed the preceeding post:
    IE Half casting blizzaga and half casting thundaga will prolly do more than everyone casting blizzaga.
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...3073828471.jpg

What about contaminated colliseum? ;o

I know 4x smn can rape it, can 2 or 3 do it safely enough?

pro tip: The element of the day helps/hurts nukes!

(This pro tip thing could get rather amusing)