+ Reply to Thread
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Cube World - What minecraft never was.

https://picroma.com/

I didn't see a thread so I thought I'd start one for this, and kinda shocked it hasn't been noted of its release.

Cube World is another voxel game, but offers quiet a lot in terms of content, it's a RPG/Sand Box game, has a small arrange of classes can be played in multiplayer and they are thinking of releasing MMO type servers for people to connect to and interact.

The game is still in Alpha and you can pick it up for 15.00 Euros or 20.00 USD, and it's having some minor quirks and issues with getting it out there because their servers are being slammed

Here are some videos showing off the game, there is a whole lot going on in this game, pretty indepth crafting system, dungeons, raid style bosses, unique races, unique classes, I like to think of this game as; Terraria meets Minecraft meets a lot of enjoyment, there is no building structures (yet.. I think that is to come.)

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

I'm sort of sold on this. is there an offline option?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Yeah there is single player, edited OP and put url where you setup your account buy it and all that stuff, I had some issues actually buying it, wanted to buy it yesterday but server was closed due to massive congestion.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It looks nice, And definitely fun, But without Building or Destroying, its just a(n) RPG with Minecraft Graphics which while entertaining, IDK if it'll have the longevity of Minecraft. Hopefully they add Building/A Creative-like mode like Minecraft so people can build their own worlds and Dungeons.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I don't think their future for custom buildings will be as diverse as minecraft;

Planned: Housing
    We're planning to enable players to build their own house. Players will be able to store items, trophies, pets etc. in their house and extend the house gradually.

It's a bit vague but time will tell, the game has a lot of potential growth and a lot slated for the future. I just hope the guys that are making this doesn't pull a Mojang.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can you clarify "pull a Mojang" for me, It could be many things lol. What in particular did they do that you didn't like?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I want this game. Been trying to get it for a couple days now but it has been plagued with issues. Lots of people cant run the game because of a problem with integrated graphics chips not being able to initialized direct3D. The shop was down all day yesterday and the day before that. And now the registration is completely broken so you cant get the game even if you want too.

Once all that shit is taken care of I will be getting this game.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Can you clarify "pull a Mojang" for me, It could be many things lol. What in particular did they do that you didn't like?
    They threw Minecraft into the market and it was very low key, when it got its huge boom and the game took off, they nearly stopped on updates, this was around the time the Nether was released, the game was bogged down with terrible resource management and was often unplayable for myself for about 4-6 months at a time, screen would just go black and application would crash, worlds being incompatible with future updates made me lose my original world that I had a lot of fun in.

Altho this game will not support a mod community, Minecraft thrived off of mods to actually be enjoyable and a lot of the features present in the game are pretty much just ripped from mods themselves and ported into the game, i.e. Horses, carpet, beverages, pistons, and I'm sure more than just that. I haven't really been playing Minecraft since 1.2 because I could actually play it then, but now the game just boots up and after about 15 minutes black screens then crashes with no dump.

For those interested in the game, if you're not using water cooling in your PC, or even if you are I don't know how hot your cards usually get, my GPU w/ air cooling spiked up to about 70-72C, I'd suggest looking into getting Nvidia Inspector, making a profile for Cube World and putting up a frame limiter of 60-80, idk how many frames I was getting but I wasn't too pleased with a temp that high >.>;.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Altho this game will not support a mod community, Minecraft thrived off of mods to actually be enjoyable and a lot of the features present in the game are pretty much just ripped from mods themselves and ported into the game, i.e. Horses, carpet, beverages, pistons, and I'm sure more than just that. I haven't really been playing Minecraft since 1.2 because I could actually play it then, but now the game just boots up and after about 15 minutes black screens then crashes with no dump.
    I quite liked the idea of a Mod Community being welcomed, Really added a lot to the game. I know theres quite a few games that just get better with mods, even those that were already awesome, like Skyrim. Still, the issue your having sounds like it might be on your PC or your end, I've been playing since it was still in Beta and less 'popular' and I've never experienced an issue like you've described

Still, with their additions to the game, i mean, If you have a fully supported mod community, going to be hard to come up with ideas your millions of fans haven't already covered , I like that they add the best/most popular mods! Though, I do see your point.

ANWYAY, This games looks super fun, but again without the option to make your own worlds its pretty much a(n) RPG with Minecraft looks... Which are bigs shoes to fill, because it means if they dont add new content like its an MMO, It'll just be like a single player game with a more random world but pre-determined events and quests/missions...

Without building, They'll nix the only thing that'd give this thing extended life, and thats community made maps/quests/etc... Basically if they throw out building it'll give me the sads cause its tossing out the window a lot of potential to keep this game alive and strong years from now, While they'll likely create their own updates, feel like a strong community map or self-building thing would add a lot to this game like it did for Minecraft.

I'm waiting more for Flowerchild to wrap up his Better than Wolves (now total conversion!) for minecraft, as he plans on making his own voxel type game as a sequel to his TC, which, unlike Dinnerbone and gang, actually pays attention to gameplay and balance, and is actual "survival". If you haven't played BTW for minecraft yet, I'd recommend it heavily. Being a total conversion, you can't use any other mods except maybe craftguide with it, but quite frankly any other mods would throw the gameplay off and ruin the fun. His recent changes include adding strata layers to stone, with lower layers taking far far longer to mine unless you have the proper level tool, essentially forcing you to go cave exploring for iron and diamonds before you can start doing widescale changes to lower layers. Other changes include iron ores only giving a single nugget each, encouraging you to build a large mob trap to kill zombies with iron tools and armor (no weird leather/gold/diamond armor zombies now, but if a zombie spawns with iron equipment, it always drops it in BTW), then sorting out all the mob drops with BTW hoppers and different filters, melting down the iron equipment in a crucible into ingots.

In fact, on the line of filters, it's not just various things you stick in a hopper to filter out various drops. other filters include blowing items with a bellows, causing lightweight items such as powders to be moved by the air, while other items stay put. Another "filter" is the fact that certain items are buoyant in water, such as a lot of organic items. This means that water itself is a type of filter as well as item transportation. There's a ton of "hardcore" modes that change the way minecraft plays radically, with plenty of dark humor scattered in for good measure. Survival is actual survival now, your hunger bar actually matters, monsters are actually terrifying to fight in combat now due to the very slow rate of health regeneration and penalties when you get too low on health, and beacons are deliciously powerful and wide range now, in exchange for their enchantment effect changing depending on what type of material you use.

Oh, and not only is his TC almost completely bug free, it actually fixes a few of the critical vanilla bugs that Mojang never got around to fixing that are relavent to the mod, and also has a bunch of code optimizations that make optifine unneeded for even a lot of older computers.

I highly recommend it, and maybe in a year or two we'll start seeing his sequel, Return to Home, show up as a thread as well. He's pretty much finished balancing early game and is now working on balancing mid and late game, as well as doing something about those useless things called villagers.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Cube World (Steam)

Cube World is a voxel-based adventure RPG where you explore a massive procedural generated fantasy world as one of several classes, each with their own unique abilities, gathering loot, doing quests, and other RPG things.

And yes. It's finally happening. After 6... 7 years, the game is coming out of alpha and will actually be purchasable and playable. Anyone who has an alpha account (aka the few of us that got lucky enough to get through the DDoS and buy it in that 4 hour window 6 years ago) has access to the closed beta on September 23rd, and the game launches on Steam September 30th for everyone else.

Truly one of the best vaporware comebacks of our generation.

Steam page here

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Oh I can only hope Steam is going to make online co-op so much easier than dishing out IP addresses and setting up port forwarding.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So apparently the Steam Beta is happening. If you bought the alpha for this forever and five years ago you can access the steam key in your Picroma account under my games.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I put in 6 hours last night once I got off work and I am indifferent with what I experienced. Monster grinding isn't that important and you can only level up by obtaining artifacts in a region. Once you complete a region you should be full of legendary+ gear that works in adjacent regions so you don't fully start over from nothing however being kicked off your mount, falling from the sky from your hang glider or being kicked off your boat for crossing a barrier is jarring.

There is also a lot that needs to be explained, if I picked up this game thinking this will be a fun RPG and had no idea what I was getting into, I probably spent the first 2 hours getting killed over and over and over again and struggling to learn the mechanics of the game and how the world works and that I can fast travel for free from statue of life. I probably would refund the game and say it's a broken mess and isn't worth purchasing.

I think like Terraria at its release this game will be one that with time will eventually become something amazing that everyone will tell their friends to get so they can have a fun time together but right now its just difficult to recommend, Alpha had a lot right but it was too easy to just out level the game and break things quickly where as this sets the pace for a slower experience but it's almost a little too slow due to the scope of each region being so massive.

I'll continue to play it, it's a lot of fun when you have one or two friends to tag along as then you can take on monster packs and not be forced to suicide because healing items are too few and far between to craft. It also makes world exploring a lot easier to point out where save statues are, finding towns and rare loot spawns quickly.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Per-zone progression just feels weird. Losing all your tools and having your equipment get scaled down to below the power of starter gear for entering a new zone is really, really awkward and idk if I like it. On one hand it allows for 'infinite' replayability, barring one's ability to continue doing literally the same exact thing, finding the same exact items, etc. all for "increased mount movement speed by 1%" at the end ad nauseum.

Honestly hope Wollay adds some reason to kill enemies outside of minor gold drops and the .000000001% chance at a usable piece of equipment. No EXP at all, and removing the skill tree, was an enormous mistake and quite frankly it makes the game feel really 2 dimensional. It's like the world's shittiest Zelda game.