FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

SCOTUS Thread (News and Discussion) III: Abandoning 50 Years of Precedent

Continuing a discussion on Nazi advancements for the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Eh some but not a ton. Von Braun, Heisenberg, hypothermia research in Dachau. Some TB research.

A lot of it though was plagued with poor data. Most of the human experiments with medical tests and such. A lot of the weapon advancements/rockets and other things were though very big.

http://www.jlaw.com/Articles/NaziMedEx.html

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...99005173222006

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Woah woah most of today's medical advancements are NOT attributed to the Nazis. What in the actual fuck

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    The biggest advancements in the last 100 years in most technology can be attributed to the testing Nazis did. Kind of led the groundwork for most medical breakthroughs.

i love nazis as much as the next guy but this aint accurate

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Most of the Nazis human experiments were bullshit genetic research trying to prove the things they wanted to be true.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Von Bran def benefited from force labor for the V2 rocket program but yeah, there were not a plethora of amazing things the Nazi's found out during their crazy horrible human experimentation.

BG Level

nearly all the Nazi medical experimentation was fundamentally useless. even the much ballyhood hypothermia studies were not structurally sound experiments because of methodological incompetence. and given the vast majority of their medical experimentation was to justify a biologically meritless race ideology even had their experiments not been defective injecting chemicals into a prisoner's eyeballs to try and dye them blue is never going to yield a medically useful result.

the Nazis were adept engineers and physicists if anything. though it should, obviously, be noted that in the realm of physics they were badly outpaced by the advancements of physicists in the West, including many like Fermi and Einstein who fled their homelands to escape fascist bigotry. engineering is where they truly shined, the development of jet-powered flight and rocket-powered ballistic missiles in particular. but even in those limited provinces von Braun's (and the science of rocketry's) greatest achievements came post-defection when funded by the free world.

just a horrific misreading of basic technological history.

BG Level

it has been proven fairly definitively in the challenges of fascism, communism, and unaffiliated totalitarianism that no non-capitalist regime can maintain pace with the technological advancement that occurs under free economies. the creative processes of competitive capital cannot be replicated under any other system.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

War does lead to technological and medical innovations. War =/= Nazis, lol. Most of their "innovations" in the medical field were useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    War =/= Nazis, lol.
    Not if you're Call of Duty!

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

You rite.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Funny how we went from violence is a part of change, which it is. To Nazis are responsible for most notable achievements of science and medicine in the last 100 years, which they are not.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

https://twitter.com/yedoye_/status/1...469753345?s=09

People are saying, etc

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Most of the Nazis human experiments were bullshit genetic research trying to prove the things they wanted to be true.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    But where is the JEW GOLD?!??!?!

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hiding around their necks behind the false bag, duh

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Dude out here going “how can I throw away all the good will I got doing that gun bill”

Man, I actually never thought these Federalist society hacks would do it. I kinda assumed it was this objective/goal they'd forever use as a crusade to rile their base.

I'm also really disappointed in like.... the pessimism of left-leaning spaces. Yeah the Democrats let everyone down, but the goal needs to be moving the fulcrum of political discourse to the left, and making people more jaded to the system isn't helpful. And some of their arguments are stupid too. No, pro-life Jimmy Carter wasn't going to codify Roe 50 years ago.

The other side has so much fucking entrenched power given rural states and the fact their entire purpose is do nothing so they can flaunt how government doesn't work.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    Man, I actually never thought these Federalist society hacks would do it. I kinda assumed it was this objective/goal they'd forever use as a crusade to rile their base.

I'm also really disappointed in like.... the pessimism of left-leaning spaces. Yeah the Democrats let everyone down, but the goal needs to be moving the fulcrum of political discourse to the left, and making people more jaded to the system isn't helpful. And some of their arguments are stupid too. No, pro-life Jimmy Carter wasn't going to codify Roe 50 years ago.

The other side has so much fucking entrenched power given rural states and the fact their entire purpose is do nothing so they can flaunt how government doesn't work.
    The problem is human psychology doesn't work that way. People will unilaterally blame Democrats for not fighting for their rights when the issue is voters just don't show up when they need to. They become apathetic and just expect representatives to act on autopilot.

It's important to have elected officials that are willing to right, but it's as futile an argument as asking for a war without arming the troops.

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    The problem is human psychology doesn't work that way. People will unilaterally blame Democrats for not fighting for their rights when the issue is voters just don't show up when they need to. They become apathetic and just expect representatives to act on autopilot.

It's important to have elected officials that are willing to right, but it's as futile an argument as asking for a war without arming the troops.
    It's a double edged sword. People seeing democrats sing "God bless america" or wear kente cloths while pandering and clearly act out corporate interests doesn't make most want to vote at all. When all the progressives are just pushed aside by the democratic party it can be very disheartening. Sure you can tell people "Well if you don't go out and vote, it's just gonna get worse!", which is true....but voting for the lesser of two evils isn't exactly compelling. People want someone who will fight for them and have a spine, instead we got Brandon.

On top of all that too the democratic side just eats each other up. People yelling at others for not being hard enough left, cancelling people over not saying exactly what they want to hear and just squabbling while the right just bands together and tears shit apart left and right. Fuck we can't even hold the right accountable for legit criminal acts.

I have 0 faith in the system if all that happens from Jan 6th ends up being a few slaps on the wrist (which is probably going to be the result) and MAAAAAYBE someone pays a fine or something 10-15yrs from now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag