+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

they need to invest the money to do even more of a graphical overhaul in my opinion

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

is it bad I get sick pleasure from their failure? I'm sure there will be hype for the new expansion but just as I predicted, each expansion will see an even further/faster loss then the one before. Unless of course they put forth some effort and realize where things are going wrong.

I really don't think players want more content shat out faster. They want quality content. Also, less orc cocksuckery.

If I may tinfoil hat it up too, this might be part of their plan. They know WoW is too old so why not just shit shit out. Let it die. And then have WoW 2! Taking place 1000 years into the future! A brand new MMO for todays market!

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My friend, who was a diehard WoW player, now hates the game. Granted he's very much a black and white (Either I love a game or I hate it), but I took that as a sign that maybe things were going south since it's been nigh impossible to get him to say any MMO was better than WoW. He now adores 14 so go figure.

Maybe they'll make Warcraft 4 now.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    I really don't think players want more content shat out faster. They want quality content. Also, less orc cocksuckery.
    Both of these, and less Thrall as well (which falls under "orc cocksuckery" but because he's so egregious I had to bring him up as a separate point). Yeah there was a content drought at the end of MoP, but there was a ton of shit to still do in the mean time. The only thing that keeps me subbed right now is not WoD content, it's old content. Farming old raids and doing stuff I didn't get the chance to do in Pandaria.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

but but it wasn't time travel! just a past alternate reality strewn into our current reality! It's totally something completely different.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

The word you're looking for is "fanfiction."

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Anyone looking to take a WoW noob under their wing? I'm kind of doing this thing blind so I wouldn't mind going to a server with someone I could just ask a few questions here and there.. ><

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

If I may tinfoil hat it up too, this might be part of their plan. They know WoW is too old so why not just shit shit out. Let it die. And then have WoW 2! Taking place 1000 years into the future! A brand new MMO for todays market!
    I'm guessing the opposite; they saw they were hemorrhaging subs at an alarming rate, and realized they had to band aid it QUICK.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I think the next WoW expansion will be the first I'm not playing at launch. I'm sure it will raise subscriptions quite a bit though, since they usually do.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Really depends what it is. But as long as we are about to GTFO of Draenor I'm pretty much ready for it.

I'll be watching the live stream on Thursday though, that's for sure.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Again, they need to use less time gating and more automating for things like garrisons to keep people from burning out. Also, I agree that WoD story was terrible and definitely contributed to people not caring -- who gives a crap about killing alternate universe bad guys? We've been teased about old gods / titans for 3 expansions now without getting any closer to a major storyline involving them.

I'm willing to bet that part of the sub loss is also Blizzard's f2p games cannibalizing off of WoW because it's easier to jump into / take a break from without the sub/resub process.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I think the next WoW expansion will be the first I'm not playing at launch. I'm sure it will raise subscriptions quite a bit though, since they usually do.
    I'm actually wondering about this. While I'm sure that a lot of people will reactivate for the launch, the fact that WoD was rather expensive despite being the shortest expansion to date might negatively affect even those numbers.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Over 1 bil in profit during Q2. I don't even think they really care. They're raking so much money in between hearth/hots that they could bleed WoW subs for the next few years and still swim in Gaben-esque pools of cash.

They have absolutely crushed the diversification endgame. WoW, Diablo 3 (still making bank), Hearth, Hots.

Goddamn.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

good for them but is it good for fans of WoW

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

this isn't SE, most companies aren't that idiotic.

also i could be wrong but i'm assuming WoW is still more profitable now than it was in wotlk due to all the micro transactions.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

One more hour ...

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

loltumblr but I laughed so hard at this post http://hordeinhightown.tumblr.com/post/126018039762

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

http://www.twitch.tv/blizzard for those interested and that can watch right now

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Illidan