Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: COR + BRD = ...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

COR + BRD = ...

one incredibly awesome fucking party.

currently party is level 55-57, set up is WHM BLM BRD COR NIN WAR

COR stacking melee rolls with BRD melee songs and WAR is doing 700-800 rampages, NIN 300-400 Blade:Chi and COR doing 600-700 Slug Shots.

For me(BLM) and WHM, MP is absolutely no problem, Ballad+Evokers is spectacular, as long as HMP roll. Warlock's Roll is also a nice add for MACC.

the damage output at such a low level is absolutely insane. I'm really interested to see what this combo can do as the levels get higher.

However, it's safe to say a new wonder in FFXI might be around the corner.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

I've been doing COR+BRD since my PLD was 67 and since then have just gone PLD/NIN to tank and DD without a hitch. 949 vorpal is my best atm on an IT but for a 10k/hr PT I'd say my output hasn't been bad. Only 2 people as of yet to outparse me are a pretty nicely equipped thief (surprised she hadnt earlier) and a WAR in my shell 2 levels higher than me with a ridill. It definitely wouldn't be doable without those jobs in the PT, that's for sure. Evoker's is nice but with refresh sanction and the new trait I've had no need for it. I'm a believer >_>

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    I've been doing COR+BRD since my PLD was 67 and since then have just gone PLD/NIN to tank and DD without a hitch. 949 vorpal is my best atm on an IT but for a 10k/hr PT I'd say my output hasn't been bad. Only 2 people as of yet to outparse me are a pretty nicely equipped thief (surprised she hadnt earlier) and a WAR in my shell 2 levels higher than me with a ridill. It definitely wouldn't be doable without those jobs in the PT, that's for sure. Evoker's is nice but with refresh sanction and the new trait I've had no need for it. I'm a believer >_>
    i did this too kind of, i switched to pld/nin in a pt to DD and we had brd cor rdm so i had mega mp regen... i could hold hate without voke XD

i only dream of pt's like that...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I remember when a crappy WAR laughed at me for coming 74PLD/NIN to a burn PT to get my buffer back, I out parsered him the whole PT as 74PLD/NIN. The guy I out parsered was nothing to brag about though, he was pure RMT and thought Barone Body was good to melee in over Haub lol.... Its not the greatest thing in the world but it works and its pretty fun and great EXP for buffer. Getting 11K an hour in Shrine with no ring before COR so I could not complain.

YOU FORGOT THE UBER 10-15% PARSING CORSAIR BITCH >8(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../rykoontop.jpg

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Yeah I may be doing a COR RDM BRD BLU NIN WAR static soon. should be hot.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Gear PLD/NINs?

(Running to work right now so dont have time to post mine. basically im using as much haste, acc, attack and some STR. Then macroing STR for WSs. But havent seen the numbers you guys are claiming = (. )

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I've been getting into a lot of pts with Cor+ RDM on my summoner (from 57-61 so far).

Cor refresh (with smn bonus) + lucky roll + rdm refresh + sanction bonus + auto-refresh + vermillion was giving me 10 mp a tick at one point. I could have fought with fenrir and still had the mp to main heal. Awesome setup, let's just hope enough people continue to lvl cors so it can always be done. :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Gear PLD/NINs?

(Running to work right now so dont have time to post mine. basically im using as much haste, acc, attack and some STR. Then macroing STR for WSs. But havent seen the numbers you guys are claiming = (. )
    Company/Joyuese
    O Hat
    Peacock Charm
    Supponimi
    Fenrir's Earring
    Haub
    Enky's
    Rajas/Flame
    Foarger's
    Warwolf
    Royal Knights Breeches
    AF lawlz

While I was 74 I would eat sushi only have A+ 276 due to Supponimi but when I broke 280 I switched to Corel Subs and parsered about 85~88% Acc. I think. I was too poor for Dusk Hands and I never got a Swift Belt to drop on my pops I'm sure that would have helped alot. This was before ToAU but this setup allowed me to hit on average 550 Vorpals with missing a hit. If all four hits connected I would average 650, I just never had my crit merits finished at that point and no Brutal Either, if I did I probably would have out parsered the other average geared WAR in the PT. If I was really picky I could have dropped a couple sword merits and ate meat the whole time, but I did all my meriting on NIN.

Corsair wins the motherfucking game.

Sorry to all you bard onrys, that SE never gave you double attack, crit rate+, and the ability to deal damage as well as (with the --god forbid-- WHM sj) do some support healing.

COR/RNG go go~

Slug Shot, 750
    Barrage, ~500
    Regular Shot, 120
    Quick Draw, 202
    Slug Shot, 750

And that's my damage without a bard or attack+ roll/food.

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync

Sorry to all you bard onrys, that SE never gave you double attack, crit rate+, and the ability to deal damage as well as (with the --god forbid-- WHM sj) do some support healing.

COR/RNG go go~

Slug Shot, 750
    Barrage, ~500
    Regular Shot, 120
    Quick Draw, 202
    Slug Shot, 750

COR can never truly replace a BRD, no natural Dispel or Haste and no versitility when it comes to back up support (+MP or -enmity gear etc), COR is a great job, but you'd be stupid to replace a BRD with a COR.

Anyway, COR support damage is viable (and welcome, unlike a BRD trying to DD) but nothing to wet your pants over.

Anyway, I have a question for you Geno, I wanna lvl COR but I don't wanna lvl RNG as well for a SJ (I hate RNGs and going through SJ lvls), can I just use /WAR, /WHM or /NIN?

COR/RNG go go~

Slug Shot, 750
    Barrage, ~500
    Regular Shot, 120
    Quick Draw, 202
    Slug Shot, 750

Do you use an unlocked coffinmaker? I tend to do shitty slug damage with hexagun (I'm 70 atm) and I'm mostly fighting stuff too high for a pt my level. I'd imagine that damage is on some fast merit spots such as bhaflau?

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

The COR/NIN in the 55-57 xp party was doing 600-700 damage slugs on the mobs we were fighting, but still missiing around 50-60% of the time even with Squid Sushi and Prelude from the bard.

I think that a COR can definetly replace a BRD in a normal XP party, but having the two together is just 2039482039482098420357 times better.

COR can't really replace BRD in burn pties though.

I just made a Lv56-57 COR,COR,BRD,NIN,SAM,RDM party for Wajaom woods (I was sceptical, but not much was seeking!) and my god it was amazing! I don't know if this would work in many places, due to the fact the mobs here were very weak to ranged attacks; however having 4 COR rolls and minuet + madrigal was absolutely superb!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

COR/RNG go go~

Slug Shot, 750
    Barrage, ~500
    Regular Shot, 120
    Quick Draw, 202
    Slug Shot, 750

Corsair wasn't meant to replace bards. Sorry to all you corsairs, that SE never gave you Elegy, Finale, and the ability to herd puks all day for your PT.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

That seems like a blast to tank in as a NIN.

Oh wait, he probably isn't tanking with all of that damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalas

COR/RNG go go~

Slug Shot, 750
    Barrage, ~500
    Regular Shot, 120
    Quick Draw, 202
    Slug Shot, 750

Corsair wasn't meant to replace bards. Sorry to all you corsairs, that SE never gave you Elegy, Finale, and the ability to herd puks all day for your PT.
    Since when is "the ability to herd puks" something really important? Or when did he even say that cor can replace brd? Get off the guys nuts, your elitest attitude is showing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

RDM does just fine for sleeps and slows and dispels.

I think if I had to choose now, I would do COR for a burn PT over BRD.

Oh yeah and lv75 Puk parties are still fucking stupid. High chains are cool but better XP/hr @ the north end of the zone (with way fewer puks and more mamool ja) is win.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalas

COR/RNG go go~

Slug Shot, 750
    Barrage, ~500
    Regular Shot, 120
    Quick Draw, 202
    Slug Shot, 750

Since when is "the ability to herd puks" something really important? Or when did he even say that cor can replace brd? Get off the guys nuts, your elitest attitude is showing.
    LOL ~ Not trying to be elitist, but if I offended you I'm sorry. Genosync and I have engaged in such sarcastic repartee in the past before. Note how my text emulates his text, and adds the obvious humor about puk herding - which can actually be taken as a real important point. Have you ever done a merit PT in Bhaflau Thickets? Hate to say it, but I would probably want a Bard to pull and sleep mobs--both to handle repops of Sea Puks, as well as pulling and claiming to beat the other 3-4 PT's for mobs.

There's no one better job, one best setup, etc. It's all about adaptation and learning to work together with what you have. Corsair and Bard are different jobs, and they don't necessarily take each other's place. In fact, just like the title of this thread, having them both does really make for a fun PT, with tons of enhancements. Plus, I love yelling at Corsairs to Double-Up when the roll count is at 10 and they give me that funny JP face (((((((@.@)))))) thing.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    RDM does just fine for sleeps and slows and dispels.

I think if I had to choose now, I would do COR for a burn PT over BRD.

Oh yeah and lv75 Puk parties are still fucking stupid. High chains are cool but better XP/hr @ the north end of the zone (with way fewer puks and more mamool ja) is win.
    I'd think it would be stupid too if a 75 PT were to kill only Puks. You can still chain infinatum with Mamool Ja using Puks as TP mobs for the next beastman in line. Also, can a RDM pull? I suppose it can be done. RDM/NIN was the best puller/refresher of choice for manaburns in Lufaise at one time. I still prefer the range, speed, and efficiency of Elegy > Lullaby.