BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

PS3 NA Launch Lines Already Starting!

I drove by Best Buy today and about half a dozen people were already setup in folding chairs waiting for the launch FRIDAY MORNING. How do these people not have ANYTHING to do for 4 days?!

sad. pretty much all i can say.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

People as a society are dumb. The sooner you realize this the easier it is to explain everything.

Xavier

Re: PS3 NA Launch Lines Already Starting!

Quote Originally Posted by Res
    I drove by Best Buy today and about half a dozen people were already setup in folding chairs waiting for the launch FRIDAY MORNING. How do these people not have ANYTHING to do for 4 days?!
    Assuming they make less than $100 a day, I imagine its work to them.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Well, thinking about it some more...

Say I was in line and bought one for $600 and then eBayed it for $1600 (not unreasonable, considering what some people are willing to pay). A grand for 4 days of work doesn't seem too bad, until I realized that that was ALL day.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm willing to bet most of these people will be attempting to sell their console with 200% return.

I worked in a store when the Xbox 360 was launched in the UK - every electrical store had ques - we sold out of our 20 units in 10 minutes (would of been much quicker but our computer systems were struggling).

I heard one of the guys say to his mate they'd only bought to sell on eBay - so I whipped onto eBay and searched for the console.

There they we're - a console we we're selling for £229 was selling on eBay currently at 11 bids with under an hour to go at £680.

It didn't last - but people selling consoles on the day of launch made a decent turnaround.

My opinion - I should of bid, got their address and poisoned their water. But then again, if people are sad enough to buy them at that price why shouldn't people sell them at that.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lol i'll be lucky when it comes to getting a PS3, i called off that day to get one, works letting me come in when the employees walk in. I get to be first no matter what and get there at the last minute.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I believe 360's had reached over and including 900$ at one point. That's a nice markup, and i'd expect the ps3 to sell much higher. Considering Pre-Orders for PS3's (that means a piece of paper not an actual ps3) are already hitting 2grand:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Playstation-3- ... dZViewItem

Imagine how much a solid, actual hard in hand console would go for sayyyyy December 10th-20th? I think it was around february i saw that 360 for 900$ with bids on it, chances are you are garunteed 2grand for a ps3 if you sell it in at least 4 months.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ordering from someone who has a pre-order is a risky transaction (risky as in not guranteed they will always get it).

However, after the day of launch - that's when the sale price on these auctions start to drop.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: PS3 NA Launch Lines Already Starting!

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Res
    Assuming they make less than $100 a day, I imagine its work to them.
    If you are camping out for a PS3 four days in advance, I'll just make the wild assumption you are unemployed. If you are camping roughly 4 days (96 hours) and assuming you sell for a very generous $1200, you are making $6.25 an hour. Pretty freaking sweet. (If you know, are a chinese national or unemployed).

If you have a job and are taking vacation time then um I would imagine there are better things to do then camp out in a fucking Best Buy in the cold eating fast food or prepacked meals for four days straight. But hey, that's just me.

I hope the people that genuinely want the system to play get them. It'll all be worth it to play Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer.

My friend got one preordered a while ago, camping about 6 hours. I'll post some impressions if he goes insane and decides to keep it instead of ebaying. I'm sure the only game he wanted to try was Resistance.

Internet Haet Machine
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-Playstation-3-C ... otohosting

ITS INCREASING!

Hope to not say "ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!"!

New Merits
    BG Level

Would I be a bad person if I drove by and threw shit at them?

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

drive by and scream dumbledore dies, thatll get them all riled up

or just laugh when the wii outsells them 10 to 1 because there are actually that many more wii consoles

edit: I can see it now

Sony: We sold out of all of our ps3s, all 400k of them are gone

Nintendo: eh, we didnt sell out, only sold 3.6 million of our 4m, we must suck, teehee

New Merits
    BG Level

If anyone has seen the comic, it is pretty much like this situation one guy sells a single console in high demand and another guy sells a ton of consoles in high demand. Hes a biz wiz

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Goso
    I used someone elses picture and i'm on a laptop, in bed with no Photoshop - however, you get the pic ;p

http://www.popeh.com/ffxi/line.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Popeh
    Quote Originally Posted by Goso
    I used someone elses picture and i'm on a laptop, in bed with no Photoshop - however, you get the pic ;p

http://www.popeh.com/ffxi/line.jpg
    fucking priceless

private listing - bidders' identities protected US $1,950.00 Nov-13-06 15:11:19 PST
    private listing - bidders' identities protected US $2,000.00 Nov-13-06 11:16:05 PST
    private listing - bidders' identities protected US $2,801.00 Nov-13-06 15:45:03 PST

That guy doesn't mess around.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh
    People as a society are dumb. The sooner you realize this the easier it is to explain everything.
    AMEN!

But seriously tho....if they do get the PS3 and ebay it then they'll be making like at least $400 just for 4 days of sitting. beside some people actually like the camping just so they can remember how they get their PS3 or something... everyone has their own weird habit of things. we can't just generalize that they are retarded or no life for sitting there four days for something that can/might benefit them or something that they like to do...