Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Killer Effect Earrings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Killer Effect Earrings

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using the killer effect earrings, maybe had some info on how much it increases the effect. Was thinking about getting certain ones for my PLD, but as a Taru, ditching Cassie Earring for something that may be as little as a 1% increase doesn't seem to promising. However, if it's more in the 5%+ neighborhood, I think I'll prolly get some.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I dont think Demon Earrings would be worth it unless you had Hrotti / Bahamut Mask, and you didnt have Ethereal Earring and some other earring (Hades+1/Cassie/Knights).

I've personally seen 3 intimidates in a row from someone with 2x Demons on and Hrotti, but the rest of the fight was pretty low in intimidation rate. Normally you can go 2-4 intimidates per fight from Hrotti itself, i've done 2 in a row and one time while we were fighting with 11 people, my Hrotti went off at least 12 times the whole fight. I dont think Demon Earrings are really worth it, you can equip alot better stuff in those slots.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Intimidation rates are incredibly random and nothing I would ever want to rely on really.

That being said I believe that the intimidation earrings are roughly a 1% increase in proc rate on intimidation.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Think of it as barfire gear, you're not gonna resist shit with +5, but if it's stacked , you'll notice a difference.

Best procs when you have a natural killer trait + stacked killer effect gears.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Well, I'd never drop Ethereal Earring for a killer earring. Main thing I was thinkng about was +Demon killer for Xarcabard, but if it's ~1%, I think I'll keep the Cassie.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Can't imagine it being as low as 1%.. In any given wyrm fight that I decided to use demon earring, I would notice it definitely more than 1 per 100 attacks against me.. If I had to give it a numerical guess, I would say more in the vicinity of 3%...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You are better off using those slots for more reliable equips. Intimidation is just random and doesnt proc often enough to justify losing 50 HP or 3% mp conversion or +4 enmity etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I own a few of the killer earrings and hold them for my LS until our PLDs (or I) need them.

When I fuck around with them I'd say its max 3%, as NIN with no killer effects from anything but the earring.

But one weird (and still probably random just weird) effect was demon killer earring went off ONCE out of like 50 TW demons I killed before a xarc garrison trying to get one last missive. Then it went off 5-6 time inside the garrison.

I was sure confused.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

we had a pld who tried this. he wore two demon earrings, hrotti and tatami shield. i wish i had screenshots, but he intimidated fafnir probably 25% of the time. we were all kinds of excited and of course got tells from other lses asking if he was hacking in some way. next time he tried it, it proc'ed maybe 5% of the time, so aside from the hrotti, opted for more practical gear(koenig shield, intruder earring and cassie i think, but what do i know... im a lolrng and prebandwagon sam... i havent even unlocked pld >.>).

so theoretically, it can have a very high proc rate, but overall, it's too unreliable to be a practical means of gearing.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ive worn 2 demon earrings, hrotti, tatami and bahamuts mask on ff and intimidated something like 11-12 times in the whole fight considering ur typical fight will have about 80-100 attacks from ff its hardly worth it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's random from it's %

Let's say you have 5% intimidation, you can go 95 attack w/o intimidate, then 5 in a row, and still have it be statistically correct.

It works off the same number generator that had people bitching about 4 D ring drops in 2.5 years and now they got 2 in a row and have to start 5 topics on every forum about how SE "fixed" drops.

Random is random, and random is usually not in anyones best interest.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Don't forget to stack CHR! D:<

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvana
    Ive worn 2 demon earrings, hrotti, tatami and bahamuts mask on ff and intimidated something like 11-12 times in the whole fight considering ur typical fight will have about 80-100 attacks from ff its hardly worth it.
    11/80 is a pretty good rate. <_< I'm not sure if it's better than giving up the 8 or w/e enmity you can add in those slots, but negating 11/80 attacks is pretty sweet for reducing overall damage taken.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

It's easy to test the proc cap on TW mobs. A while back I tried this for a bit in saruta using plantoid gear and training a bunch of tiny mandies.

The earring proc'ed 16/775 times for 2% rate (used rdm).
    The job trait on my bst proc'ed 70/790 for 8.8%.
    The job trait + bst legs proc'ed 79/840 for 9.4%.

At that point some noob killed my mandies. I did some other smaller sample tests and this is approx what I measured:

Job trait Only: 1/47 (2%)
    +Shield: 6/65 (8.45%)
    +1x Earring: 5/66 (7.04%)
    +1x Earring: 12/59 (23.94%)
    +AF Leg: 9/63 (14.28%)
    +Food - Ginger Cookies: 20/52 (27.8%)

All in all from these tests I think the cap for intimidation rate is probably 25% as thats what I got with all my killer gear. But of course if there is some modifier like CHR than I would expect it to go off much less.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

You're a taru, ditch that pos Cassie.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ethereal/Knight's ftw. I tried a few killer earrings for awhile but honestly never saw a difference worth sacrificing the spots which I used reliable earrings for. Then they patched shield. Even if you don't have or like the knight's, Hades+1 could prove more useful.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvana
    11/80 is a pretty good rate. <_< I'm not sure if it's better than giving up the 8 or w/e enmity you can add in those slots, but negating 11/80 attacks is pretty sweet for reducing overall damage taken.
    heh when AA or Utsusemi can do the same job but more reliably its not worth sacrificing those slots for em.

Intimidation on earrings is 3%. Depends on what kind of wyrm you're fighting. When doing a CoP Wyrm I like to switch to demon earrings on land only. I would use Etheral and Merman in air (if doing +magic def setup).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Anyone want to buy my Plantoid earings?

They are great for kiting Kirin!!! >.>

(our record is 1 minute 45... damn sleepga / no poison pots)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Fng
    Anyone want to buy my Plantoid earings?

They are great for kiting Kirin!!! >.>

(our record is 1 minute 45... damn sleepga / no poison pots)
    ZOMG SELL TO ME PREASE!