Thread: item question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

item question

I killed a slaven type mob in Highwaste area, and it dropped this accessory called Firefly. It reduces all xp to 0, as per the description. Does this item serve any purpose, cause it seems reallllllllly shitty.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

check and see if it makes other pt members get more exp

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    check and see if it makes other pt members get more exp
    yes, its like having a 2 person party with the power of 3 members

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

<.< guide says it gives 2 str

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I think it gives some minor bonus to a stat, I forget which... it's not worth using, even in boss fights unless there's something special about it that I'm not aware of.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Karinastar
    I think it gives some minor bonus to a stat, I forget which... it's not worth using, even in boss fights unless there's something special about it that I'm not aware of.
    People just said what it do. You can use it to powerlevel someone by not giving any xp to 2 character in the pt. The remaining character will get x3 xp (x6 with the double xp accessory)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah the other 2 posts went up as I was posting mine, heh. That's kinda useful I guess if you want to get a guy up there who you've been neglecting.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    People just said what it do. You can use it to powerlevel someone by not giving any xp to 2 character in the pt. The remaining character will get x3 xp (x6 with the double xp accessory)
    the way you described it is different from koyangi's description, unlses you were refering to having 2 equipped.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    the way you described it is different from koyangi's description, unlses you were refering to having 2 equipped.

Yes, I meant 2 equiped .

If you give one to character #1 and another to character #2, character #3 will get the same xp he would get if he was alone (x3 the amount you normally get with 3 character ).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Or you could just....xp with a 1 person party while having the other 5 people wear golden amulets lol.

edit: unless you're trying to fight hard mobs i guess..but I don't think people generally xp off mobs that have the potential to kill you. At least I don't yet.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic
    Or you could just....xp with a 1 person party while having the other 5 people wear golden amulets lol.

edit: unless you're trying to fight hard mobs i guess..but I don't think people generally xp off mobs that have the potential to kill you. At least I don't yet.
    3 char kill much faster than 1 single char, easy mob or not. I'm not saying it's useful, but its probably the easiest way to get 1 character to 99. Do the trick in hennes mine with the switch and you could probably get one char to 99 in a few minutes

Golden amulet isnt really useful cause the grid is easy to cap. It doesnt take long to learn the useful stuff, and there is no hurry to learn the crap.

When I put the LP+ amulet on non-pt members they didn't get the bonus >.>

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLegend
    When I put the LP+ amulet on non-pt members they didn't get the bonus >.>
    You sure? I put mine on them and they got the bonus. (non pt members)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

It doesn't even work the way that Kaylia is saying it does. It doesn't increase the EXP that everyone else gets.

Really only useful for a low level game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehryn
    It doesn't even work the way that Kaylia is saying it does. It doesn't increase the EXP that everyone else gets.

what?
    only ppl in your party get exp, everyone gets lp though
    all the items do exactly what their descriptions says
    its not complicated ppl

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

i use that for farming and when i hunt marks so my character are not 15 lv too high for the story.... because its stupid to beat story Boss in 10 sec because you hunted all Marks and you too strong

Great item

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi_tabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehryn

what?
    only ppl in your party get exp, everyone gets lp though
    all the items do exactly what their descriptions says
    its not complicated ppl
    Clearly you misunderstood me. Kaylia is saying that wearing the 0 EXP accessory on 2 of the active party members makes the 3rd member get extra EXP. This however, is not the case.

And "all items" don't do exactly what their description says. The elemental staves in the game increase potency of their elements, and it doesn't say that on them.