1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ifrit Extreme Mode     submit to reddit submit to twitter

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Ifrit Extreme Mode

Post any resources/info about ifrit extreme mode here. If you need a guide added to the OP, PM.

MrHappyGaming:

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Some healer PoV notes:

-Once you know who gets Inferno Howl / Searing Wind / pulse / whatever you wanna call it, you know which healer will have it for key phases in the rest of the fight, generally speaking. IE "2nd" healer will have it when first nail phase starts. "2nd" healer should have it every time when jumps post-Hellfire start.

-Depending where you have your healer with pulse during jumps, you may just want to eat 1 jump attack rather than dodge unsuccessfully and get killed by a 2nd. It does about 2.7k if it clips you, if memory serves. Ifrit always does jumps from the same location that I saw; starts at 4 o'clock-ish and goes clockwise. So if you (pulse'd healer) are on that side, just start running clockwise immediately. If you are on the 9 o'clock side you need to make a weighted risk for whether you pop Sprint and tail the party running around at a safe distance (risky), or run counter clockwise a short ways until first Ifrit passes.

-Immediately after Hellfire, no healer will have pulse on them so it's safe to gather to safety for the "everywhere plumes". Immediately after THAT though, the next healer to be pulsed should already be running away.

-Dodge eruptions in a J shape towards the non-pulsed healer (ie, run back then go along the egde).

-If you are a melee DPS, be mindful of who has pulse during nail phase and when it transitions. If I have to choose between moving out of tank cure range to not hit you, and letting you get hit, I'm gonna let you get hit. Sorry.

-If your Searing Wind debuff is close to wearing off (under 6 seconds), it's generally safe to move in for... whatever you might need to move in for. If you need to. I like to keep my focus target on the other healer, as healer.

-WHMs: Cure III is your friend. Tell people to stack up if they want love.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Haha, we had a fun time finding out that you can't skip the last set of Infernal Nails by killing Ifrit before the time limit to destroy the nails runs out.

http://www.twitch.tv/mitsukai12345/c/3453030

Spoiler: show
    tl;dw
    The nails immediately despawn and Ifrit wipes you.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    Haha, we had a fun time finding out that you can't skip the last set of Infernal Nails by killing Ifrit before the time limit to destroy the nails runs out.

http://www.twitch.tv/mitsukai12345/c/3453030

Spoiler: show
    tl;dw
    The nails immediately despawn and Ifrit wipes you.
    Also if you use Healer level 3 LB when he hellfires he'll just do it again lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

God pug Ifrit EX is so bad for such a easy fight

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Went 1/4 this morning in DF. FC Mate went 1/1 in DF.

DF Ifrit EX is like as good as it comes for us.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Went 1/4 this morning in DF. FC Mate went 1/1 in DF.

DF Ifrit EX is like as good as it comes for us.
    Must be getting bad luck because the ones i'm getting are just bad lol. I mean i beat it already, just want the braclet. But god so bad >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    -If your Searing Wind debuff is close to wearing off (under 6 seconds), it's generally safe to move in for... whatever you might need to move in for. If you need to. I like to keep my focus target on the other healer, as healer.
    This bears repeating, until I caught onto this it was difficult. Once I learned to run in after the last pulse it became an order of magnitude easier.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Question for the melees out there for the next times I kill him again/DF, what do you do when you're chained to the tank that's tanking Ifrit?

I've tried DPSing nearby nails but more often than not I end up being pushed by him onto a healer only to explode and be pushed back where I started taking massive damage and wasting time that could be used to heal the tank/party, so in the end I end up doing more harm than good. Do I just stay on Ifrit till the debuff wears off? I feel pretty useless doing so, specially if I'm going to join PUGs or DF him, and I've been chained up to three times in a row :/ (that's pretty bad luck though)

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

With coordination a tank can rotate for you so you can hit nails closest to Ifrit and not get cleaved, if you're chained to current main tank. If you're chained to offtank, they should follow YOU around for a few seconds until they need to tank swap.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I've done a couple PUGs, and I think my favorite (the easiest on me) way to do the fight (through the first two phases) is to have DPS move opposite the wind instead of healer switching. It's much easier on me. Deeps just rotate either clockwise or counter clockwise depending on who wind is on, and I can continue to be lazy and not move.

Last phase it's a bit trickier. Deeps clear out one side and just keep wind on that side once it's cleared. Only time other than stacking that healers have to move. Ive never seen this done or discussed, anyone else do it this way?

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I've done a couple PUGs, and I think my favorite (the easiest on me) way to do the fight (through the first two phases) is to have DPS move opposite the wind instead of healer switching. It's much easier on me. Deeps just rotate either clockwise or counter clockwise depending on who wind is on, and I can continue to be lazy and not move.

Last phase it's a bit trickier. Deeps clear out one side and just keep wind on that side once it's cleared. Only time other than stacking that healers have to move. Ive never seen this done or discussed, anyone else do it this way?
    Yes, you can structure phase 2 to move in the right path (clock or counter) by the Howl order and have no issues. In the phase 3 nails, you need to typically have healers swap sides to position howl unless your DPS is really absurd. Long way of saying what you said is how most do it I believe.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post

That's how my group was doing it last night. Keep track of where Wind is and send the DPS in the other direction. Seemed straightforward enough.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    Question for the melees out there for the next times I kill him again/DF, what do you do when you're chained to the tank that's tanking Ifrit?

I've tried DPSing nearby nails but more often than not I end up being pushed by him onto a healer only to explode and be pushed back where I started taking massive damage and wasting time that could be used to heal the tank/party, so in the end I end up doing more harm than good. Do I just stay on Ifrit till the debuff wears off? I feel pretty useless doing so, specially if I'm going to join PUGs or DF him, and I've been chained up to three times in a row :/ (that's pretty bad luck though)
    Main question has already been answered, but I have a comment re Vulcan Burst: Pay attention to which healer has the wind. Angle yourself such that the knockback pushes you into the safe side and you don't have to worry about being knocked around like a pinball.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ferien View Post
    Main question has already been answered, but I have a comment re Vulcan Burst: Pay attention to which healer has the wind. Angle yourself such that the knockback pushes you into the safe side and you don't have to worry about being knocked around like a pinball.
    I can't choose a side, we kill the nails clockwise, so If I get chained I'm always on the left side killing the closest nail I can without getting hit by Ifrit's cleave, if the healer on the left side has Searing Wind and Ifrit pushes me back, chances are I'll end up within its range and get it by it. This mostly happens on the second round of nails, during the last ones nails are much closer to each other and there's always one right under him the way we position him.

Of course if it's the OT whose I'm chained with, he follows me around till they have to switch.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I can't choose a side, we kill the nails clockwise, so If I get chained I'm always on the left side killing the closest nail I can without getting hit by Ifrit's cleave, if the healer on the left side has Searing Wind and Ifrit pushes me back, chances are I'll end up within its range and get it by it. This mostly happens on the second round of nails, during the last ones nails are much closer to each other and there's always one right under him the way we position him.

Of course if it's the OT whose I'm chained with, he follows me around till they have to switch.
    Not sure I understand. Do you always go clockwise regardless of which healer has the Wind? Seems like a recipe for disaster if the one on the right side has it to start nail phase, and making the healer move around seems like way more trouble than just having the DPS start on the other side.

Regardless, you need to make concessions if you get chained to the MT. Throw a little bit of damage on whichever nail is convenient without getting yourself knocked into the Wind or killing a nail out of turn. Easier to slow down on the last 3 nails than it is to recover from a dead melee DPS.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not sure I understand. Do you always go clockwise regardless of which healer has the Wind? Seems like a recipe for disaster if the one on the right side has it to start nail phase, and making the healer move around seems like way more trouble than just having the DPS start on the other side.
    Healers always move before nails, so the healer on the right never has the debuff at the start of the nails phase, never had a problem with it.

Right now with our group we're not lacking DPS on nails, so If I get chained and stay on Ifrit there isn't a problem unless I get chained several times in a row, but it just doesn't feel right and I don't really feel comfortable doing that in DF/Party Finder, hence why I was asking what other melees do while chained, I had a few accidents where I end up taking massive amounts of damage with silly combos of Ifrit's knockback - Searing Wind - Eruption/Cleave, It's funny the first time, but I don't want that to be a common occurrence lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Healers always move before nails, so the healer on the right never has the debuff at the start of the nails phase, never had a problem with it.

Right now with our group we're not lacking DPS on nails, so If I get chained and stay on Ifrit there isn't a problem unless I get chained several times in a row, but it just doesn't feel right and I don't really feel comfortable doing that in DF/Party Finder, hence why I was asking what other melees do while chained, I had a few accidents where I end up taking massive amounts of damage with silly combos of Ifrit's knockback - Searing Wind - Eruption/Cleave, It's funny the first time, but I don't want that to be a common occurrence lol.
    Gotcha. Regardless of the method you handle the Winds, your best option is going to be to ignore the nail order if it's going to get you killed and poke whatever's convenient, even if it's just Ifrit. Yes it'll make you feel useless, but useless is better than dead or wasting the healers' MP. As a tank I end up having to putz around on Ifrit's ass often enough that the fight will go much smoother if I just stand there and don't do anything. It sucks.

That said, if you're DPSing a nail on the right side and the healer's on the left, there's no reason you should be getting knocked into a Wind unless you or the healer fucked up their positioning. Make sure you're to the right of Ifrit's 6 o'clock, and you should be golden.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

your best option is going to be to ignore the nail order if it's going to get you killed and poke whatever's convenient, even if it's just Ifrit..
    Just don't poke ifrit too hard if it's the last nail phase. We even slow down dps before the last set of nails just to make sure the tank doesn't take him below the % threshold where he does that "early hellfire" crap.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Just to mention: Incinerate caps at 5 stacks. You can keep a tank up with good pre-heals and Adlo even through that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast