Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL Week 14: Threads are made on Wednesday nights, got it?

...Good.

THU, DEC 10

Pittsburgh at Cleveland (+10) - I don't know what kind of hell that Tomlin was wanting to unleash, but it sure wasn't the hell that he unleashed last week. That secondary needs some real work. Luckily, he can afford to make some lineup adjustments and play around a bit in this game going against a terrible Cleveland team. Pitt to cover.

SUN, DEC 13

New Orleans at Atlanta (+10) - This looked to be a hiccup in the road to going undefeated for the Saints, but with Ryan out, and Redman being a mark of inconsistency, it seems to be nothing more than another week for New Orleans. Nawlins to play a full 60 minutes and win going away.

Green Bay at Chicago (+3) - Green Bay is playing as well as anyone. Their defense is tops in the league. Remarkable for it's first year of implementation. Love Green Bay to continue to roll their way to a wildcard.

NY Jets at Tampa Bay (+3) - I honestly think that Tampa can pull this out if they play well. Sanchez will be riding pine in this game, which means Clemens (who's played decent) will be getting the reps. If he can get into a groove, the NYJ will win, if not, I look for Tampa to pull the upset. Tampa +3.

Miami at Jacksonville (-3) - The road to the wildcard goes through Miami. They'll face Jacksonville, they'll face Houston, they'll face Pitt. Jacksonville is staring them in the face, and I think Miami will make the short trip upstate and handle the Jags.

Detroit at Baltimore (-13) - Another team that needs to win to stay in contention for a wild card spot. No Stafford for Detroit this week, so expect a lot of balls downfield. Possible big week for Johnson and Johnson. Detroit +13.

Seattle at Houston (-6) - Annnnnnnnnd cut. Steve Slaton out for the season. Not that he's been the shining glimmer of light that he was last year, but it still takes away some depth. Ryan Moats has played well, and should still take care of business. Houston to win going away.

Denver at Indianapolis (-7) - Call me crazy, but I think that Indi is going to finish the season 16-0. Caldwell has repeatedly said that he'll rest starters, and maybe he will after they buy him a 20 point lead. I like Indi to continue to roll coming off a big win against Tennessee. Indi to cover.

Buffalo at Kansas City (PK) - Eh, Buffalo has a very good pass defense and KC has no running attack. I like the Bills.

Cincinnati at Minnesota (-7) - Potentially a game of the week. Lot's of questions here. How good is Minnesota, they've beat up on some bad teams. Will Favre continue the late season collapse? Can Cinci win another huge road game? I like Minnesota, and to cover.

Carolina at New England (-13.5) - Tom Brady has a baby, Randy Moss is sent home, they've lost 3 of their last 4. They've played terrible on the road. I don't know what the temp is going to be Sunday, but it's fucking cold here. Not something the Panthers will be accustomed to. Pats roll in cold weather. New England to cover.

Washington at Oakland (+1) - Wow, who'd of thought the Oakland Raiders would find their QB? I really don't know what to say. They've finally benched Russel, benched Hayward-Bey, and that assistant coach that Tom Cable stabbed 3 times and broke a chair over his neck is returning. Oh shit.

St. Louis at Tennessee (-13) - Tennessee is going to win this game, no doubt, but St. Louis hasn't been playing bad football. They've played some really good teams tough. I like them to play Tennessee tough here too. Rams +13.

San Diego at Dallas (-3) - San Diego has won (7?) strait, Dallas is coming off a loss. San Diego is perennially a powerhouse team late in the season. Dallas is the antithesis of that. San Diego is coming together on all sides of the ball. How the hell is Dallas favored?

Philadelphia at NY Giants (-1) - Now this is going to be an exciting game, especially if Dallas loses. I think both of these teams are eventually going to make the playoffs, and Dallas is going to be the odd man out. Philly loses this game, and wins out. NYG wins out. NYG and Green Bay snag some wildcard spots, and Dallas is sitting home come playoff time. All is right in the world.

MON, DEC 14

Arizona at San Francisco (+3.5) - Revenge game for earlier in the season. Arizona is very good. Very very good. They've played fantastic football on the road this season. Arizona is going to beat the brakes off the niners, despite Vernon Davis scoring 5 TDs and gaining 650 yards. Cards to cover.

Stats:
    Last week:
    ATS: 7-9
    Strait Up: 12-4

On the year:
    ATS: 87-102-3
    Strait up: 129-63

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

...and Jason Campbell's audition for the Niners continues. Maybe Zorn will get close to a Superbowl if Tom Cable sucker punches him with the ring he stole from Al Davis.

Demosthenes11

dallas to blow a 10 point 4th quarter lead and wade phillips to have a postgame blowup

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

I hope Denver beats the fking breaks off the Colts

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oakland Raiders: Our number 1 pics are just decoys.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Upset of the week, Cowboys over Chargers, only vegas could be stupid enough to favor them.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

And here I was, hoping my name would be in the title....come on!

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    And here I was, hoping my name would be in the title....come on!
    week 15: tyche trolls welt live, a documentary?

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Sounds like a winner.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    which means Clemens (who's played decent)
    Diaf. He's seen barely a quarter of play: Was sacked 4 times, lost a fumble on his own 5, and had 1 completion.

Bucs to win 6-3.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Bucs to win 2-1.
    ftfy

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Upset of the week, Cowboys over Chargers, only vegas could be stupid enough to favor them.
    Brb, submitting "Decemberitis" and definition to the Urban Dictionary.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

If Arizona is so amazing, why did it take so long for them to show it? I'm not saying they're bad but, any team can show up big during a big game. That said, I fully expect for the niners to get owned by airzona. All I'm saying is that it could be closer than you think. I still think Airzona will own though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

It'll be nice to finally see the niners on TV, so I can see where my boy tree is at.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

Yeah I've seen the homoboys enough for one season.

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

THU, DEC 10
    Pittsburgh at Cleveland

SUN, DEC 13
    New Orleans at Atlanta
    Green Bay at Chicago
    NY Jets at Tampa Bay - Calling the upset here. Sanchez is out, Freeman is a bright spot on the Bucs. Expecting a rushing game from both sides.
    Miami at Jacksonville
    Detroit at Baltimore
    Seattle at Houston
    Denver at Indianapolis
    Buffalo at Kansas City
    Cincinnati at Minnesota
    Carolina at New England
    Washington at Oakland - Oakland can only beat good teams. Also, I realized the other day that Washington isn't as bad as people make them out to be, they just can't finish games. I think their largest margin all season was 10 points? Could be wrong about that, but they've only lost close ones.
    Steven Jackson at Tennessee
    San Diego at Dallas - To get everyone's hopes up. They'll lose out after this game.
    Philadelphia at NY Giants - Alternatively, everyone in Philly's hopes are up. Gonna lose this game and win out for 11-5 and the division.

MON, DEC 14
    Arizona at San Francisco

Also, straight.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Diaf. He's seen barely a quarter of play: Was sacked 4 times, lost a fumble on his own 5, and had 1 completion.

Bucs to win 6-3.
    I was more referring to in the past when he's started games. He's not Peyton Manning, but he wasn't really any better or worse than Sanchez has been.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skirkle View Post
    Philadelphia at NY Giants - Alternatively, everyone in Philly's hopes are up. Gonna lose this game and win out for 11-5 and the division.

Also, straight.
    You have the Eagles taking the division?

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Pittsburgh at Cleveland
    New Orleans at Atlanta
    Green Bay at Chicago
    NY Jets at Tampa Bay
    Miami at Jacksonville
    Detroit at Baltimore
    Seattle at Houston
    Denver at Indianapolis
    Buffalo at Kansas City
    Cincinnati at Minnesota
    Carolina at New England
    Washington at Oakland
    St. Louis at Tennessee
    San Diego at Dallas
    Philadelphia at NY Giants
    Arizona at San Francisco

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The Vikings have a beat up o-line and they lost a keystone and play caller on defense for the year. Who knows how they'll play. :\

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast