+ Reply to Thread
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

BG Fitness: Indoor leg workouts.

I'm under a foot of snow, not going to get to run too soon, but I would like a way to keep my legs strong for when weather is good and I can get back to running a bunch. Anything I can do without much in terms of weights/machines? I have a rowing machine for my arms and can do crunches for my abs, but aside from squats (and I don't have much weights about, maybe 50lbs on a bar at best) I don't really know any way to simulate the effect of running on my legs.

Any suggestions?

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Laps around your house imo.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Yeah...house isn't that big, lol. Maybe when I was 5 that would've been a good workout.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    I'm under a foot of snow, not going to get to run too soon, but I would like a way to keep my legs strong for when weather is good and I can get back to running a bunch. Anything I can do without much in terms of weights/machines? I have a rowing machine for my arms and can do crunches for my abs, but aside from squats (and I don't have much weights about, maybe 50lbs on a bar at best) I don't really know any way to simulate the effect of running on my legs.

Any suggestions?
    Up-downs, butterfly kicks to make sure you keep your legs in shapeish, if you have leg weights it makes the exercises better. Mountain climbers and there's a frogman jump thing, but I can't exactly explain it. Last time I saw it was when my friend was going to prep for seals.

I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One legged squats. Don't even need weights.

jump rope? box jumps? um not sure there are any ways to simulate running other than on a treadmill.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I have a rowing machine
    When you say rowing machine, what do you mean?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    When you say rowing machine, what do you mean?
    It's not the nice one I had back in high school, all it works out is my arms and my arms only. It's just a little thing I can sit in, prop my legs in and move some levers for arm strength. I was hoping it'd work like the ones I used in high school gym that had you moving back and forth each stroke with your legs, but it's not.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Can never go wrong with burpees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Dq_NCzj8M

it's full body work out though

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It's not the nice one I had back in high school, all it works out is my arms and my arms only. It's just a little thing I can sit in, prop my legs in and move some levers for arm strength. I was hoping it'd work like the ones I used in high school gym that had you moving back and forth each stroke with your legs, but it's not.
    Yeah, that's what I more so think about when people say "rowing machine," which is why I was confused when you said you needed a leg workout.

E. Body
    BG Level

You can't really simulate running too well without..running, but what everyone's mentioned so far is good. Couple of good leg workouts in here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/prison-workout/

Knee-highs are good if you want to get that running-feeling, I guess. Also someone said box jump, those are great and if you can do those and you have a box, step-ups are good too provided the box isn't too short.

Banned.

BG Level

Any suggestions?
    sissy squats, hack squats, lunges, goodmornings, step ups and all be done with fairly low weight and are pretty taxing