1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

[HUNTS] Heavensward Elite Marks

Keep all discussion pertaining to Heavensward elite hunt marks, including but not limited to S Rank Theorizing, reward discussion, pull complaints, and the like to this thread.

* S Ranks are assumed based on .dat fomat. Feel free to correct any inaccuracies you find.

A Rank Reward:
    • 40 Centurio Seals
    • 30 Tomestones of Poetics
    • 10 Tomestones of Law

S Rank Reward:
    • 100 Centurio Seals
    • 100 Tomestones of Poetics
    • 30 Tomestones of Law

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Watching some pug walk past Mirka (The mammoth, or was that Lyuba?) on a mount, get sucked in and one shot was just too funny.

New Merits
    BG Level

Old A ranks give 15 centurio seals and S ranks 35

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Whats the difficulty of these?

B rank solo at 60?
    A rank party at 60?
    S rank zone zerg at 60?

A ranks give 10 tomes of Law at lvl 60, and seems like they can be "exploited" atm since the multiple zones thingamajic.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hydrox Killjoy
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Whats the difficulty of these?

B rank solo at 60?
    A rank party at 60?
    S rank zone zerg at 60?
    B rank easily can be done solo
    A rank with a party of 8 is fine
    idk about S rank

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What can you buy with the seals ?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    What can you buy with the seals ?
    Some normal stuff like minions etc, but also items needed to upgrade Doman Weapons and armors.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finding hunts with flying is a real pain in the ass. You have to be so close to the ground for names to render.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

So talking to the NPC in the tavern, it seems he gives information on all the hunts in the Azys Lia. An interesting piece of information for the reference, is his quote and name of the S-rank:

Leucrotta
    The southern continent of Meracydia was a land of Dragons. The monsters came in all shapes and sizes, each species evolving to fit into its own particular habitat.
    Take the courel-dragon - a beast that made its home in the Meracydian jungles. It started off as a dragon like any other, but over time it lost its wings, being unext to useless in the thick brush, and gained the flexible body and muscular limbs of a courel.
    They were fierce hunters and scavengers, dirven into a feeding frenzy the moment they c aught scent of beast blood. The merchants who posted the bill reckons one of these beasts, a courel dragon by the name of Leucrotta, is up in the clouds right now, living on an abandoned allagan island

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

S rank is 100 poetics, 30 law, 100 seals. Gryphon spawned on Ultros.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

This is a post from my reddit topic with all the information I've gathered so far.

**The Pale Rider [S-rank: Dravanian Forelands] **
    Another request sent by a Sharlayan Scholar from the safety of his homeland. The fellow's uncovered an ancient prophecy, saying that in the end of days, a deathly knight will rise from the grave and bring death and destruction to Dravania atop an ashen steed.

If the Scholar is right, and this "end of days" does indeed refer to the Seventh Umbral Calamity, then this supernatural horseman should already be among us, but I don't see any death and destruction around here. Well, no more than normal, anyways...

Honestly, I think it's all a pile of chocobo plop. There was an adventurer passed through the other day, said he'd seen a headless horseman out in the hinterlands when she was hunting for treasure... but believe you me, you can trust those looters as far as you can throw them!

**Leucrotta [S-Rank: Azys Lla]**
    The southern continent of Meracydia was a land of Dragons. The monsters came in all shapes and sizes, each species evolving to fit into its own particular habitat.

Take the courel-dragon - a beast that made its home in the Meracydian jungles. It started off as a dragon like any other, but over time it lost its wings, being unext to useless in the thick brush, and gained the flexible body and muscular limbs of a courel.

They were fierce hunters and scavengers, dirven into a feeding frenzy the moment they c aught scent of beast blood. The merchants who posted the bill reckons one of these beasts, a courel dragon by the name of Leucrotta, is up in the clouds right now, living on an abandoned allagan island

**Senmurv [S-rank: Dravanian Forelands] **
    'Ave ye ever set yer eyes on a griffin, Caex'ra? They're 'alf eagle, 'alf lion, an' all 'unter. Just like a chocobo trapper, they stalk their prey from the shadows - or in their case the clouds - waitin' fer the perfect time to strike.

The chocobo 'unters o' Tailfeather've got a certain credo about pickin' when to spring the trap - "'unt the 'unter,", they say. Whatever quarry yer after, ye stand better chance o' catchin' it unawares if it's busy tryin' to catch its own prey.

Seems it's a motto ol' Senmurv's taken to 'eart. Whenever a group of 'ungry beasts 'eads out on the 'unt, the king o' the griffins'll swoop down from the sky an carry off as many as 'is beak'll 'old.
    So, Eanae, I believe it's very possible that your S-rank spawned as a result of the 1-3 mark bills, and likewise A-ranks being killed in the area! It's very likely you guys just drew the lottery on your pop for this one.

Hyperion spawned the S rank in Forelands, Semvurb yesterday, was a massive red-eye fest =)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Question about the mark bills. Can I do the rank 2/3 hunt bills on my second job if they aren't 56/58? Like can I flag on my 60 then do it on my second job for exp/marks?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Should be able yeah

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just confirming in case you still had doubts. Got bills 1-3 on my MNK60, and did all of them as PLD51 (cut it close on those Lv58-59 marks, they are pretty tough due to level difference). I sometimes had a friend just help me kill the tougher ones, while doing the lower level ones on my own.

With these 20k exp here and there, it really bumps you along steadily in the grind.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Also people are surely aware but 2.0 A ranks gives 15 Centurio Seals

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

old S ranks give 35 C seals

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Has anyone managed to decipher any of the new world S Rank riddles/spawn conditions yet?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Any tips for hunting with the 2 instances? Is there a good place to hang out for hitting zone lines, or is it tele and pray?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast