Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

/ex drop outside of limbus

Is it possible for someone not inside the Limbus area to get coins or more importantly rare/ex items (chips, AF+1) dropped to their inventory? Because the Limbus area is in the same area as the waiting room it should be technically possible. But I've heard that keeping someone outside the Limbus area can give problems like people not able to enter the next floor.

A lot of the time I get AF+1 items in Limbus that I don't need or already have. It would be nice if I could let other people lot on that stuff without them wasting 50k and a Limbus tag.

Anyone have any experience on that matter?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yes this works.

When we are doing 2 Apollyon runs with the LS at the same time, we announce AF drops in LS and if someone from the other zone wants to lot, he will be invited to the other alliance so he can lot.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I actually offer this to friends when I duo limbus with a friend now. No point in wasting AF+1 material when someone that can use it can just get it from outside while we still get all the coins. >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Our LS does this alot since we have enough people to split into 2-3 groups every time we do Limbus, we seperate and all do different Apollyons or 2 Apollyons/Temenos or 2 Temenos....etc. If someone in a seperate group wants to lot say, DRK and there's no one in the group that got it who wants it then the person who wants DRK just drops and joins their group to lot it, then everyone should pass due to time constraints and the lotting person switches back to his original alliance.

Daddy Warbucks
    BG Level

Same boat as isi here. Whenever we have 2 groups in the same area and a af+1 item drops, anyone in the other group can disband and lot.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

So having a thf sit outside will also effect coin drops? (and some chest results).

I've received af+1 from groups exiting as I've entered and given af+1 the same way. This is also a good way to collect chips on 1 character.

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp
    So having a thf sit outside will also effect coin drops? (and some chest results).
    I'm pretty sure THF has to be on the hate list to effect mob drops. IE: hitting it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Our last Apollyon cycle, we had about 22~24 people, did all four zones at once and one person cycled through the parties to collect the chips. Now, I'm not sure if they had to do this from the waiting area, but I can find out.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by ono
    Our last Apollyon cycle, we had about 22~24 people, did all four zones at once and one person cycled through the parties to collect the chips. Now, I'm not sure if they had to do this from the waiting area, but I can find out.
    You can collect chips from inside a Limbus zone as well, I did this to collect an Ultima set while my group was still fighting mobs on 3F.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

So does that mean there is no correlation between people in the party waiting outside and people in the party inside the Limbus area who cannot go to the next floor? Or is it imperative you join+leave the party when u get said item before people go to the next floor?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

You're making this sound more complicated than it really is. As long as the person is in the same zone (Apollyon or Temenos) he can lot anything when he gets an invite to the alliance that got the drop. Which part or which floor doesn't matter.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by rithridan
    So does that mean there is no correlation between people in the party waiting outside and people in the party inside the Limbus area who cannot go to the next floor? Or is it imperative you join+leave the party when u get said item before people go to the next floor?
    Not sure what you mean, but as long you are in the same zone, and in their party, you can lot on whatever is in the loot pool. ===Apolyon=== is one zone, and it include every BC and both entrance.

Doesnt take a major to understand this. >_> Just invite whoever is in the zone who need the item.