+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nier     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Nier

I havent heard much about this game. Anyone play it? Worth playing or no?

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

It's garbage.

I tried playing through it just to do it but I couldn't stay awake long enough to actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    It's garbage.

I tried playing through it just to do it but I couldn't stay awake long enough to actually do it.
    It's my exact sentiment. I got it yesterday, played for about hour and a half and it's boring as fuck so far. I just wanted to know if it gets any better or what.

Ridill
    BG Level

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89624
    I'm not saying to post in that thread since it hasn't been moved to this section of the forums. just figured it'd let you read some stuff. Though I didn't read anything in it so it might not be helpful at all.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I don't tink it had a big budget. That being said it shows. I could he wrong but I really did not take to the game at all. Not even worth the rent l. Depends on the person, you may or may not like it. Sounds to me you dont. If you do not think its good yet you won't depper into the story ether.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I dunno, I played through it, and got all four endings. If you go into it not expecting a God of War then it's playable. The story to it is actually pretty good, but the combat system is kinda weak. You end up using the same weapon and same two magic spells the whole game, which gets a little repetitive. The two extra characters are really not necessary, and one of them is just god awful, even after the story tries to make him better. If anything, I'd give it a rent, the main story is only about 8 hours long. (All supplemental endings let you start about halfway through the story, and just add little story arcs that make it more interesting.)

Banned.

BG Level

lol Nier is a SE title?

So this is where Deus Ex and Supreme Commander threads should be? Or is this a stupid mistake?

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    this a stupid mistake?
    yes.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

From what ive played of this, it felt like a Kingdom hearts that was made on a much lower budget. Its ok, but nothing great here. I really enjoy Kaine's foul mouth though ;/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

As was mentioned earlier, it's not an SE title, but I found the game to be enjoyable. The characters are all pretty likable, and the voices that go along with them.

The combat is pretty dull, and you don't really use much else besides a Spear later on. X X X Y, Dodge roll, repeat. Some magic here and there, and it can get spammy if you use set Drain MP as its status effect. The leveling just kind of happens without the need for grinding. You can grind all you want and get a level maybe, but it seemed like every boss kill was 1-2 levels.

The scaling on stats is also pretty absurd, but it's almost like your HP or MP doesn't mean anything past a certain level. I was level 28 or so when I was in the final area and was level 33 by the time I was done. My HP almost tripled in those 5 levels, but enemies still took off the same chunk of HP per swing, and I didn't seem to be killing shit any faster. Magic still uses the same mount of MP.

I could nitpick a lot, and the game has lots of low points if you quest, but you don't get shit for doing 100% of them anyways besides satisfaction. The story is enjoyable, characters (Weiss) are likable, combat is tolerable, and the game isn't too long if you skip crafting/farming/questing.

If you're a completionist, expect to spend 50-75 hours. If not, about 15-25.

Ridill
    BG Level

wait... why are people saying this isnt a square enix game? It, and the 2 other games mentioned were published by it, so it fits the description of the section.

that's not to say making a section completely devoted to SE isn't retarded. I hope I can never visit this section again and people just post more game info in the GAMING section

I liked the androgynous info about the sister character that I found out while reading about the game. Even though it is sketchy graphics wise, I like the fucked up sense it seems to have.
    -But then I like games for silly aesthetic reasons unrelated to the actual gameplay.

Got it used for $50 and I don't regret it at all. Spent about 25 hours and got the first 2 endings. Watched ending 3 and 4 on youtube which both unlock at the same time after collecting every weapon in the game.

Great story, memorable characters (LOTS of cursing believe it or not). I really identified with the main character. Combat is fun but repetitive, and the controls in general are VERY tight. If you screw up and die its your own fault. There are several spells you can learn, and boss fights require logical choices when using them. You can garden, but its implimented poorly. 3 different weapon types are unlocked 1/3 the way through the game. This makes combat much more varied (Pro tip: use the spear type) each has its own special attack and air attacks. Things like HP drain and MP drain turn you into a badass. Also cool is the ability to include addition affects to your normal (AND MAGIC!) attacks such as poison, paralysis, and confuse. The weapon and magic upgrade system are both clever and fun to experiment with

If you hate everything and are really picky about your games then skip this as there is alot to bitch about if your bored enough to dig for it. To all others, its a worth playthrough. The games #1 redeaming feature is the music, which has to be the best I have ever heard in a video game. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Faxanadu View Post
    To all others, its a worth playthrough. The games #1 redeaming feature is the music, which has to be the best I have ever heard in a video game. Enjoy.
    Fuck yeah, the game has awesome music. I think it'd be even better with something to play it against, but even alone it's great.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I just finished ending D. Good story, plenty of dark twists, great music. Repetitve combat, by C ending I would just jump over mobs to get to the bosses. Ending D also blows away all of your saves (after 5 different confirmation screens heh) so I guess I'm done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom View Post
    I just finished ending D. Good story, plenty of dark twists, great music. Repetitve combat, by C ending I would just jump over mobs to get to the bosses. Ending D also blows away all of your saves (after 5 different confirmation screens heh) so I guess I'm done with it.
    lol, ya the guy i was watching on youtube was obviously reluctant to proceede with ending D because he took forever selecting the option to erase the memory file. In retrospect, this is an awsome way to conclude a game. Brings a whole new meaning to the word "ending", lol.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Faxanadu View Post
    lol, ya the guy i was watching on youtube was obviously reluctant to proceede with ending D because he took forever selecting the option to erase the memory file. In retrospect, this is an awsome way to conclude a game. Brings a whole new meaning to the word "ending", lol.
    Cant you just get around that by backing up your saves somewhere else or something?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Cant you just get around that by backing up your saves somewhere else or something?
    You probably could. But there's really no point unless someone were to figure out where to get 10 friggin' pink moonflower seeds. I wanted to strangle that girl in Facade.

You'll complete everything else on the way to the four endings. Not much else to do after that.

You probably could. But there's really no point unless someone were to figure out where to get 10 friggin' pink moonflower seeds. I wanted to strangle that girl in Facade.

You'll complete everything else on the way to the four endings. Not much else to do after that.
    i havent played this yet, but I was watching this clip on GT, is this what you need? It seems to tell you how to get pink and a whole bunch of other moonflower seeds

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/nier/11386

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I figured that, but some people (myself included) like having near completed save files of games xD Though i don't think I like this game enough to bother with all 4 endings.