+ Reply to Thread

Thread: /random at kings?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

/random at kings?

hi ;oa,

ive been reading these forums for some time though never really contributed. Name game is safersephx and I play on lolFairy. I've been doin endgame for about 2.5years+ but something i've heard others servers do has struck me as really strange because the idea would be totally absurd on fairy...

i've heard of HNMLS's /random'ing at king camps, especially fafdog, and wanted to know if servers out there still do this and how is it implimented and maintained

like before the first window do LS leaders random, and winner gets to claim fafnir/nidhogg for that day? or like do you only do it past certain days when nid is more likely to appear, leaving fafnir as a free for all? (in that case if a king does pop then who ever claims it keeps it)

what about third party ls's that dont follow this method and come in to claim after /random's have been decided.. how do you deal with those

its more that im curious as how this works than me trying to impliment it on fairy, we have about 3 bigger LS's that are on relatively decent terms with each other(mainly due to the fact many of us have good friends in those other ls's) with 1.5 other LS's who pretty much no one likes (i say .5 cause its 2shells who join together for king camps)

thanks

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Randoming is usually from a LS wiping hardcore anal style.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: /random at kings?

Quote Originally Posted by safer
    what about third party ls's that dont follow this method and come in to claim after /random's have been decided.. how do you deal with those
    MPK Them

/random would only be used if the claiming linkshell wiped, to decide who would get to fight it next. Only those linkshells at the camp would be able to /random. People were afraid to do things (steal, mpk,etc) for fear of their reputation; so people kept in line, but more and more NAs started to come.

This was used on Garuda until this year, when an NA linkshell decided to take any monster that turned yellow; should original linkshell start to wipe. Their reason for this was because they did not want hackers (other linkshells) to have another chance at the king pop.

I personally miss /random, but kings camps are becoming pre-dominantly north american. And, well, just face it, we cannot get along.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

oic

well thanks for the quick response lol

i guess having the /random for post wipe makes it a more tangible idea, but tbh, unless its a new linkshell claiming, i really have doubts of anyone else wiping to those... =/

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The idea is, because of the /random the winner can relax and know it's theirs if the claiming ls wipes, this prevents taking it earily.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    The idea is, because of the /random the winner can relax and know it's theirs if the claiming ls wipes, this prevents taking it earily.
    That and everyone that didn't win the random can warp out do something else.

Also Firas
    BG Level

in Hades, we used to random when a LS wipes, now its spam voke, if the LS that claimed feels generous and not CFH before they completely wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Firas_Gattz
    in Hades, we used to random when a LS wipes, now its spam voke, if the LS that claimed feels generous and not CFH before they completely wipe.
    I <3 my server.

It tends to be rather civil on Asura, usually any ls with 12+ in the zone will random after claim, and the winners will stay in zone and see if the ls who claimed kills or wipes. Of course this changes if gilsellers or a certain shell shows up (fuck you Veritas) and refuses to random.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Feathermoon

It's fafhogg

Not fafdog.

Silly

about 2 years ago on phoenix, there we like 3 NA HNMLS and we would random every time just so we all didnt waste our time/steal/etc. Then, like that post above, certian other NA LS's formed and stole anything that turned yellow, so that went out the door. It was nice to be able to random and just fucking leave if you didnt have a chance at it instead of waiting 2 hours for someone to wipe pre-frenzymode patch.

lol Randoms go on and off depending on what linkshells are present on Siren. If gil sellers are there it's a free-for-all tho

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    It tends to be rather civil on Asura, usually any ls with 12+ in the zone will random after claim, and the winners will stay in zone and see if the ls who claimed kills or wipes. Of course this changes if gilsellers or a certain shell shows up (fuck you Veritas) and refuses to random.
    It's cool, Veritas got their's this weekend on KB. Unfortunately ShitCakes won random, but at least it was civil.

Quote Originally Posted by draxyl
    It's cool, Veritas got their's this weekend on KB. Unfortunately ShitCakes won random, butat least it was civil.
    Was this the official nick-name that was decided for them recently?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Random is also fun when waiting in windows... but it gets people really pissed off... so I wouldn't suggest doing it... half my LS + a lot of other people got jailed after Behemoth for doing it... lol fun fun