Thread: ??? Appraisal List     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

??? Appraisal List

Hi, I've tried sites such as mysterytour and sompage searching for a list of all the possible outcomes when trading a ??? item to the appraiser. Is there a compilation list on these forums somewhere? Or possibly a LJ or website dedicated to it? Thanks.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

FFXIclopedia has a semi-decent list

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

I'm having trouble finding it, is it under the assault section?

edit: nvm it has its own section -.- thank you!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

ive done over 50 assault and never got any assault gear.. anyone else have that problem?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Elemen has nice lists but they are JP and only can let it run thru JP>Engrish translator

http://www5.plala.or.jp/SQR/ff11/missio ... index.html

I tried to translate that JP site.. but I couldn't find any mention of a lolsash or which assault it comes from.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    I tried to translate that JP site.. but I couldn't find any mention of a lolsash or which assault it comes from.
    ??? Sash comes from LC Leujoam "Shanarha Grass Conservation" (the bunny one). Turns into Lugworm belt or "魔除けの帯" an item I can't dig up in other sites. It's an Obi.

Thanks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

For anyone who can't find the list on the wiki, it's at http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/index.php/Appraisers .

it gives the choice to translate it at the top c.c if you didnt notice

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I understand why the assault gear is rare but I wish it could be slightly less so. From earning 20-25k in every single zone we've gotten a Storm Zamburak (trashed), Imperial Bow (trashed) and Storm Gambieras (acquired but still trash for MIT/MIT/TAR assault set) which is pretty pathetic. There are some really nice Storm pieces, most notably both pairs of gloves, that I'd love to put in the effort trying to obtain but when you can do over 15 runs of the same one and get nothing but trash it's hard to see the point.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Consider yourself lucky for getting even a single piece of the Storm/Imperial gear at all. We have "completed" 4 seperate missions for 20-25k a piece and still have yet to see anything more than a brass ring or an eggplant.

Daddy Warbucks
    BG Level

??? dagger seems to be where katanas come from too, drops in lebros #4. Got it last night and turned out to be that kaughegegargghaghrgaehgsgsha katana (the assault one, 29 dmg and 190 delay or something like that)

I have had the ??? belt drop, and it turned into a Talisman Obi: http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8061

My static has gotten the Imperial Bow from farming Lamia No. 13 and recently Specticles from farming Preemptive Strike. But both of those were already listed at ffxiclopedia.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    For anyone who can't find the list on the wiki, it's at http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/index.php/Appraisers .
    too bad this list fails since certain apprasals are specific to certain assault areas.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    too bad this list fails since certain apprasals are specific to certain assault areas.
    are they really? people on the wiki are keeping track of appraisal results on the Appraisers page, and on individual mission pages... but i haven't seen any evidence that suggests a ??? item from one mission is different from another.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

??? Ring
    Leujaoam Rank 1:
    Imperial Ring
    Archer's Ring

Brass Ring
    Copper Ring

vs

Mamook Rank 1:
    Storm Ring
    Ether Ring

Brass Ring
    Copper Ring

??? Necklace
    Mamook Rank 2:
    Storm Torque
    Spectacles

Feather Collar
    Gorget +1

Leujaoam Rank 2:
    Storm Muffler
    Jagd Gorget

Feather Collar
    Gorget +1

I'm sure there are more.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    are they really? people on the wiki are keeping track of appraisal results on the Appraisers page, and on individual mission pages... but i haven't seen any evidence that suggests a ??? item from one mission is different from another.
    Until someone gets a Storm Ring from Leujoam or an Imperial Ring from Mamool Ja Training Grounds I have to agree with Nynja here.

eLeMeN draws its authority from the forums they run in the background so it's a ton of eyeballs keeping an eye on the data's integrity, not unlike a properly funcioning wiki. I trust their conclusions that each Assault has exclusive drops.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Hmm, ok. I'll post a note on the talk page about the uselessness of the consolidated list, and ask people to post their appraisal results on the mission pages. Thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: Has anyone gotten anything other than a ??? box from a quest or rescuing a captured general?