+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need a new game =/     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Need a new game =/

So im incredibly bored, in the little time i have lately to much play any video games, there just doesnt seem to be shit anymore..

I recently quit FFXI, and i play Command and conquer 3 online sometimes, but that shit gets old. Kinda playin Valkyrie profile 2, but bleh..its kinda boring.

Need some help! People give me some ideas, what are some really really good strategy or RPGs out there that I will keep me busy. =P

Keep in mind, PS2 or PC onry Really been considering goin back to FFXI, but god i dont want to, i actually have the addiction gone. Just boring w/o it, although half the reason I quit was because I was bored. Thanks in advance for any help!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: Need a new game =/

Shadow Heart 2 (1 is suposed to be good, never had the chance to play it).
    Xenosaga is pretty good if you like playing a movie (awesome story, but gameplay is average tho).
    Star Ocean 3 were decent (play 2 on emulator if you didnt get that one yet)
    Tales of the abyss
    FFXII

Those were my favorite ps2 game, no idea if you would like any of them tho. You can also try a few anime series..dunno if you are into that, but if you like j-rpg, there shouldnt be any reason why you couldnt find a bunch of series to watch.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Odin Sphere is a good buy. Great side-scroller hack n slash mixed with solid RPG elements. Fun game.

I've been playing neverwinter nights 2 lately, if you have a good PC that can run it it's definitely worth a buy, it'll take up a lot of your time as you can play it through mult times with different character builds and take different paths.

Disgaea and Disgaea 2 will keep you occupied if you haven't played them. As well as any NIS game infact (Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom etc).

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Disgaea and Disgaea 2 will keep you occupied if you haven't played them. As well as any NIS game infact (Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom etc).
    I <3d Disgaea1+2, but god Phantom Brave gave me a fucking headache. I didn't touch Makai Kingdom after the first battle either. No grids to move around in = lame. =/

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Elder Scrolls 3 and 4 for the PC will keep you busy for a while.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Shadow Heart 2 (1 is suposed to be good, never had the chance
    Play this... I finally got around to it... Amazing game. Play the first one first though... they are directly related with the second taking place 6 months after the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    I <3d Disgaea1+2, but god Phantom Brave gave me a fucking headache. I didn't touch Makai Kingdom after the first battle either. No grids to move around in = lame. =/
    You get used to it, although it's annoying trying to keep your mages alive when enemies easily bypass your melee. The story alone though is fucking great, Lord Zetta is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Play this... I finally got around to it... Amazing game. Play the first one first though... they are directly related with the second taking place 6 months after the first.
    Yeah, not to mention that if you don't play the first one the second one won't nearly be as awesome (from a story pov).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion will keep you occupied for years.

imagine a story of FF quality mixed with the "do whatever the fuck you want" of GTA, and thats ES4:O in a nutshell.

Another good game is Okami, and any Tales series game.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

First one is a bitch to find now, that's why I havent played it. >_>

And I seriously doubt not playing Ep1 make story less interesting in any way. It was done well enough with the flashback and everything for that to not matter much, outside the cameo.

imagine a story of FF quality mixed with the "do whatever the fuck you want" of GTA, and thats ES4:O in a nutshell.
    Open portal, close portal, the end? Ok, I'm not giving the story enough credit, but comparing Elder scroll story to charater oriented story like FF game sound so wrong. It was an ok story for the type of game it is, but nothing that wasn't done before.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

[quote:ebd5f]Open portal, close portal, the end? Ok, I'm not giving the story enough credit, but comparing Elder scroll story to charater oriented story like FF game sound so wrong. It was an ok story for the type of game it is, but nothing that wasn't done before.
    [/quote:ebd5f]

That's not the entire game - There's like 2 expansions you can do both adding longer/just as long quest / good stories to the main quest. Plus theres all the other factions you can join without the expansions (like four I think?) each having their own story too.

Quote Originally Posted by sephir
    Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion will keep you occupied for years.

Oblivion was decent fun, but the story, (even the expansions/factions) isn't particularly noteworthy really.

I'd never play it without mods either. Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, Francesco's, and Martigen's Monster Mod in particular are freaking great (all complied with FCOM). Kind of a comp killer, but worth it. Vanilla Oblivion is just too boring.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Yay thanks for all the fast replies. Once i pick one should keep me busy

Im also looking for which is the best like 1st or 3rd person shooter out at the moment, for PC, ya know games like Rainbow Six etc etc etc...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

First one is a bitch to find now, that's why I havent played it. >_>

And I seriously doubt not playing Ep1 make story less interesting in any way. It was done well enough with the flashback and everything for that to not matter much, outside the cameo.

----

You really won't get the same effect. The game is more enjoyable with #1 played first, you have a greater understanding of all the events and the anguish Yuri is suffering from as he more or less ignores Karen's advances, etc...

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Bkbahamut
    Yay thanks for all the fast replies. Once i pick one should keep me busy

Im also looking for which is the best like 1st or 3rd person shooter out at the moment, for PC, ya know games like Rainbow Six etc etc etc...
    F.E.A.R. I haven't played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. yet but I heard its decently enough.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

You don't need to play SH1 to understand that. You won't get certain thing right off the start, but you will eventually as the story progress and you see the flashback. Hell, the scene later in game where he meet her almost made me teary, something that rarely happens. I thought it was awesome to discover the first game through various flashback and scene what happened and why Yuri was like that.
    I'm not saying the experience is going to be the same, but it's just as good. It added a ton mysteries and backstory.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Xenosaga 1/2/3.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

played and beat 1, played half of 2 and got bored >.> and stopped lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Keep playing, #3 is worth it.. but you really need to get the experience from 2 to get 3 (reading isn't the same..)