1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 13 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -4 hours, -60 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Archer     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Archer

Mod Edit: Updated 8/30/10, credit for the 30+ abilities goes to Gulkeeva.

Notch, Draw, Loose

The enduring popularity of the bow is a testament to its elegant design, but this simple weapon would be of little worth without the surpassing skill of those who master it–the archers. Projectile techniques such as high–angle fire enable archers to assail their foes with deadly precision even at great distances.
    Constant assessment of the battlefield enables them to carefully determine the most advantageous ground from which to loose, as well as the nature of the arrows best suited to their enemy. Together with the longbow sentries of the Elezen military, the shortbow hunters among the Miqo’te are widely regarded as the most skilled with a bow. The guild’s teachings cover a variety of projectile weapons, down to the simplest throwing rock.

Abilities
    ● Light Shot (Rank 1 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: Instant )
    ◦ Attack with your bow, dealing projectile damage.

● Close Shot (Rank 1 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: Instant )
    Attack with your bow, dealing projectile damage and rendering the target immobile.

● Refill (Rank 1 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: Instant )
    ◦ Refill your quiver with arrows.

● Raging Strike (Rank 4 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 30s )
    Strengthen your grip, increasing the attack power of your next attack.

● Quelling Strike (Rank 10 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 30s )
    Stifle the noise made by your weapon, reducing the enmity generated by your next attack.

● Hawk's Eye (Rank 14 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 60s )
    Your eyes gain hawk-like precision, increasing the accuracy of your next attack.

● Scavenge (Rank 18 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 5s )
    Gather a stray arrow for your next attack, can only be executed when no arrows are equipped.

● Multishot - Purchased for 500 Marks (Rank 20 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: Instant )
    Nock an additional arrow for your next attack, up to a maximum of three

● Quickstride - (Rank 22 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 3m )
    ◦ Quicken your stride, increasing movement speed.

● Chameleon - (Rank 26 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 250 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 5m )
    Blend in with your surroundings, reducing enmity.

● Trifurcate - (Rank 30 - MP Cost: 30 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 5m )
    Seek to inflict massive damage, nocking up to a maximum of three arrows.

● Decoy - (Rank 36 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 250 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 90s )
    Deploy a decoy capable of absorbing ranged and magic attacks.

● Raging Strike II (Rank 40 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 30s )

● Quelling Strike II (Rank 42 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 30s )
    Stifle the noise made by your weapon, reducing the enmity generated by your next attack.

● Farshot (Rank 46 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 40s )
    Heighten the angle of your attack, increasing range and reducing attack power by ??.

● Subtle Release (Rank 50 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 0 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 3m )
    Carefully place your attack, reducing the chance for changes in the targets enmity.

Weapon Skills

● Puncture (Rank 2 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 1000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 10s )
    Apply full force to your attack, dealing projectile damage to all enemies, between you and the target.

● Shadowbind (Rank 6 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 250 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 40s )
    Fetter an enemy's shadow, rendering the target immobile.

● Wide Volley (Rank 8 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 1000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 10s )
    Launch a wide-ranged assault, dealing projectile damage to the target and nearby enemies.

● Scourging Strike (Rank 12 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 500 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 40s )
    Deliver a debilitating attack, dealing projectile damage and removing an enhancement effect from the target.

● Arrow Helix (Rank 16 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 1000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 10s )
    Loose arrows in all directions, dealing projectile damage to nearby enemies.

● Quick Nock (Rank 20 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 2000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 60s )
    Nock and release repeatedly with blinding speed, dealing projectile damage to enemies in a cone before you.

● Shrieker (Rank 24 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 500 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 40s )
    Loose a shrilling arrow, dealing projectile damage.

● Puncture II (Rank 28 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 1000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 10s )
    Apply full force to your attack, dealing projectile damage to all enemies, between you and the target.

● Shadowbind II (Rank 32 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 250 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 40s )

● Barrage (Rank 34 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 1500 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 30s )
    Get the most out of your weapon, dealing up to fourfold damage and increasing enmity.

● Forseeker (Rank 38 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 1000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 10s )
    Deliver a deadly precise shot, dealing projectile damage. Increases accuracy for each arrow loosed.

● Wide Volley II (Rank 44 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 1000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 10s )
    Launch a wide-ranged assault, dealing projectile damage to the target and nearby enemies.

● Bloodletter (Rank 48 - MP Cost: 0 - TP Cost: 1000 - Cast Time: Instant - Recast: 10s )
    Snipe a vital area to cause excruciating pain, dealing projectile damage and additional damage over time. Deals further damage when the effect fades.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

ffxivstrawhats.com/jobs/Archer/

Confirmed all the way to Rank 30 (Cap) in Phase 2 with this picture:
    dl.dropbox.com/u/4163/RarpA.png

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Akujin View Post
    ffxivstrawhats.com/jobs/Archer/

Confirmed all the way to Rank 30 (Cap) in Phase 2 with this picture:
    dl.dropbox.com/u/4163/RarpA.png
    Going to add my list even though it has some duplicate info, largely because mine also has the guild mark stuff.

This is the most complete skill listing I have from phases 2 + 3.

They are all incomplete in some way, so if you see anything wrong or have info I don't, let me know and I'll correct them.

Skills & Traits you buy with Marks:

Spoiler: show

A note on the skills/traits:
    The skills that increase an Attribute temporarily on the gathering classes cannot be used on the combat classes.
    So far, each combat class has 2 skills, a level 20 one and a level 40 one. The skills cost zero TP, zero MP and cost no Action Points to equip.
    The skills that say "Increase TP generation" do less damage than a normal attack but give 150-200% more TP.
    The traits that grant class affinity are designed to increase the effectiveness of your cross class skills. Equipping the CON affinity trait on another class will boost the effectiveness of the Cure spells for example.
    The Attribute swap traits can be used to reduce the diminishing returns penalty when buying your stats.

For example:

You buy the +10 STR to +10 INT trait.

Your STR is 40, your INT is 15.

If you put 10 allocation points into STR your STR will now be 45 (it costs two points to raise a STAT beyond 40).

However, if you put 10 points into INT, and equipped the trait, your STR will be 50, and your INT still 15.

You get 5 more points of STR for the same allocation point cost, and have the advantage of already having some INT should you swap to a mage class.

The skills:

Archer 1-30
    Known Skills and Traits (Subject to change)

1: Light Shot
    TP Cost: 0
    Action Cost: 0
    Requires: Archer
    Attack with your bow, dealing projectile damage.

1: Close Shot

Attack with your bow, dealing projectile damage and rendering the target immobile. Short Range Attack.

1: Refill
    Refill your quiver with arrows. (Takes arrows from your inventory and tops up your currently equipped arrows)

2: Puncture

TP Cost: 1000
    Action Cost: 3
    Cooldown: 8 seconds
    Requires: Disciples of War, Disciples of Magic
    Apply full force to your attack, dealing projectile damage to all enemies between you and the target.

4: Raging Strike
    Cooldown: 45 seconds

6: Shadow Bind
    TP Cost: 250
    Cooldown: TBC

8: Wide Volley
    Cooldown: 8 seconds

10: Quelling Strike
    Stifle the noise made by your weapon, reducing enmity generated by your next attack.

12: Scouring Strike
    TP Cost: 500
    Deliver a debilitating attack, dealing projectile damage and removing an enhancement effect from the target.

14: Hawks Eye
    Cooldown: 1min
    Your eyes gain hawk like precision, increasing the accuracy of your next attack.

16: Arrow Helix
    Loose arrows in all directions, dealing projectile damage to nearby enemies.

18: Scavenge
    Gather a stray arrow for your next attack. Can only be executed when no arrows are equipped.

20: Quick Nock
    TP Cost: 2000
    Nock and release repeatedly with blinding speed, dealing projectile damage to enemies in a cone before you.

22: Quick Stride
    Quick your stride, increase movement speed.

24: Shrieker
    TP Cost: 500
    Requires: TBC
    Loose a shrilling arrow, dealing projectile damage.

26: Chameleon:
    TP Cost: 250
    Blend in with your surroundings, reducing enmity.

28: Puncture II
    Apply full force to your attack, dealing projectile damage to all enemies between you and the target.

30: Trifurcate
    TP Cost: TBC
    MP Cost: 30
    Seek to inflict massive damage, nocking up to a maximum of three arrows.

Skills & Traits you buy with Marks:

Skills

Multishot
    Nock an additional arrow for your next attack, up to a maximum of 3.

Heavy Shot
    Attack with your bow, dealing projectile damage and reducing the targets TP

Traits
    Out of Sight
    Reduces the enmity generated by your actions by 10

Bowmanship
    Increases your affinity with archer based actions by 10, up to a maximum of 100

Mind over Matter
    Converts DEX +5 into MND +5

Asceticism
    Converts VIT +5 into PIE +5

Muscle Memory
    Converts STR +5 into INT +5

Mind over Matter II
    Converts DEX +10 into MND +10

Asceticism II
    Converts VIT +10 into PIE +10

Muscle Memory II
    Converts STR +10 into INT +10

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Why are the conversions going from action based skills to magical ones? Or am I most likely misreading it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Why are the conversions going from action based skills to magical ones? Or am I most likely misreading it.
    Your not misreading it, thats the way they are.

Large parts of the system seemed aimed at using these traits for other classes as opposed to the one you buy them on.

The +affinity traits only work for cross class things too.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    Your not misreading it, thats the way they are.

Large parts of the system seemed aimed at using these traits for other classes as opposed to the one you buy them on.

The +affinity traits only work for cross class things too.
    basically its like this, sometimes you get marks for a class you dont love so much, you can use them to increase your stats on the job you do like, and you can use it to make the skills you use from that job closer to how it works on main job

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Just as a question... I would like to try Archer Open Beta... What are the importance of stats... did anyone say put most into Dex or STR and see how it effected the class?

I'm Assuming DEX, VIT, STR... but i could be wrong.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

From what I've seen there isn't a separate distinction between Acc and Ranged Acc, so yes DEX/STR is mostly the way to go, minus there being random stat modifiers on individual abilities and whatnot.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm not even sure stats were working at all in the beta. I dumped them all into DEX and some into STR and my acc was pretty low still.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I dumped everyone one of my points into Dexterity (and Piety for Fishing) and all I noticed was a pretty high critical hit rate... if I wasn't just seeing things.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I dumped everyone one of my points into Dexterity (and Piety for Fishing) and all I noticed was a pretty high critical hit rate... if I wasn't just seeing things.
    I thought I noticed the same thing. Had 50 or so DEX at Phys 16 and thought I saw an increase in crit rate. Then again it could have just been me paying more attention.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Updated.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

No apparent changes between P3 and OB.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

What crafting classes would you guys suggest? I'm going to assume carpenter for obvious reason but what type of armor would they mostly use? Again I'm going to assume either leather or cloth but which would be most useful.

BG Level

I don't do anything, but I'd imagine carpenter for bows?

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Weaver makes a lot of the Archer's armor from what I have seen. Weaving that is.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I think with the levequest restrictions, you will end up doing all crafts for the exp anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.. although carpentry and weaving seems logical to begin with!

Old Merits
    BG Level

I haven't tried archer at all so I don't have a good understanding on how it works. If I wanted to use an archer weapon skill on a different class, would it be like any other cross-class skill, doing something like "projectile damage" with my sword or would I need to equip throwing daggers in order to use the skills to expend an actual projectile?

BG Level

It would just do projectile damage.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

inb4 Archer get's nerfed by SE for doing too much dmg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast