+ Reply to Thread

Anyone live in San Digeo? Looks like i'm moving!

Gf just got a gig with SD symphony and so we're heading out there from NM area. I've only been to SD once so no idea what areas to be looking at to live in. We're both ok with apartment living or renting a house but I know SD is crazy fucking expensive.

In my head the plan would be to maybe rent an apartment for 6 months or so and get a feel for the area, then start looking for a better location/place to live.

SD symphony HQ looks like it's downtown, and i'm not sure how the public transit is in SD. I know they have a light rail and bus system. I'm contemplating selling my 370z here in NM and just using public transit for a bit while there to save $$ on gas while I wait for my Ford Bronco Sport order to come in.

Any suggestions by folks who know the SD area of where to live, where to avoid and all that fun stuff?

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Ksandra doesn't anymore, but used to.

Looking at Zillow just sparingly doesn't been to be too "crazy". I'm renting a 1.6k sq ft house in Albuquerque right now for $2400 which is expensive but nice area and place. SD apartments look to be around $2200-2600 for about 600 less sq ft, some town houses and such and all look much more updated then Albuquerque area. I'm still used to DC metro area prices, never got use to how cheap NM is so thankfully not too much sticker shock at looking at some of these spots.

She'll be making around 80k/yr and i'm sitting at 150k/yr right now with my work. I know the housing market is crazy in CA so only reason i'm looking at rentals over that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post

I went to skewl in upstate NY

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

When we lived closed to downtown we settled in Mira Mesa which was about 30 minutes to downtown. I loved it! It doesn’t feel so city but isn’t completely suburbia, either. It was priced than some areas, though. Rancho Penosquitos is cheaper but slightly more north.

Hubby generally says the 15 is the better for less traffic than the 5.

Wherever you try to go make sure to google map it during rush hour because traffic in CA in general sucks monkey balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    When we lived closed to downtown we settled in Mira Mesa which was about 30 minutes to downtown. I loved it! It doesn’t feel so city but isn’t completely suburbia, either. It was priced than some areas, though. Rancho Penosquitos is cheaper but slightly more north.

Hubby generally says the 15 is the better for less traffic than the 5.

Wherever you try to go make sure to google map it during rush hour because traffic in CA in general sucks monkey balls.
    Looks like gf wants to be pretty close to office at least for 1st year there so might end up doing an apartment around downtown for at least a year to get lay of the land and decide on what more suburbish areas to live around, see how traffic is and how crime is (Though nothing is going to beat Albuquerque for crime short of Inner harbor Baltimore and Chicago)