+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DVD Authoring/DVDStyler     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

DVD Authoring/DVDStyler

I'm working on a demo reel DVD. I've successfully made a title menu and can chose to play 3 clips. After each clip it returns the the title menu. What I'm trying to do is add a stills/artwork gallery. This is where I run into problems. I can jump to the appropriate menus and the buttons show up, but the background still image does not. Instead, the initial title menu image remains.

I'm using DVDStyler, an open-source DVD authoring software.

Any ideas/tips?

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I dont have an answer for you about dvd authoring but out of curiosity, is it your demo reel? Are you an artist? What kind of art do you do?
    (just curious because I am putting together my demo reel right now too)

Black Belt
    BG Level

yeah, its a demo reel for internship applications. I'm a junior in Intermedia: Digital Animation (or something to that effect; its a BFA). I've got some stuff done in Maya and then some traditional 2d stuff.

if your in a program for something like that dont they have programs they let you use? i know at least at my college (a community college) we use dvd studio pro and they let us use any and all programs the school has as long as its not for profit of some sort and even if it is we probably could work something out and i figure if a community college that only gives an associates degree gives that kind of stuff then a college that gives a BFA should at the least let you do that

Black Belt
    BG Level

My school is too hung up on having digital animation students do gallery shows instead of teaching them useful shit that's applicable in the real world ; ; I'm sure the video department has software for this kind of thing, but thats not my department and with it being spring break it'd be kinda tough to get some help over there.

I'm just gonna head into the lab tomorrow and use Premier to make an .avi with the stills. Should come out ok.