+ Reply to Thread
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Romanian Convict Sues God For Breaking Baptismal Contract

Priceless!

Was it desperation or a great idea that drove this man to sue God? And if he had won would he have received payment in the form of heavenly reward or just cold hard cash? Perhaps God has a numbered bank account on the Cayman Islands?

Many people have felt let down by God at one time or another while suffering from life's slings and arrows, including among others Jesus, who famously asked his divine father "Why have you forsaken me?" while suffering on the cross.

Pavel Mircea, who is serving a 20-year sentence for murder, filed a lawsuit in the western Romanian town of Timisoara against God for not protecting him from the Devil. He claimed that he had concluded a contract with God at baptism but God had not kept his side of the bargain.

Source: spiegel.de

And he's got a pretty good argument.

"He was supposed to protect me from all evils and instead he gave me to Satan who encouraged me to kill," he claimed.

In the written lawsuit, the convict had put "God, resident in heaven, represented in Romania by the Orthodox church" as the defendant, reported the Romanian daily Evenimentul Zilei.

I guess when you are spending life in prison you have time to research your case.

But it just wasn't good enough to convince the prosecution to take the case.

The court in Timisoara, in western Romania, dismissed the case, ruling that "God is not subject to law and does not have an address."

Source: metimes.com

And now the prison chaplain is left with explaining the legal intricacies of why he can't sue God

Constantin Stoica, the spokeswoman for the Romanian Orthodox patriarch in Bucharest, told reporters Thursday that the prison chaplain will be given the difficult task of explaining to the man "that God does not act without our will and that people have the freedom to choose between good and evil."

http://www.nowpublic.com/romanian_co...ismal_contract

LolGoogle translation of the Frenh source whit more bitching inside:

BUCHAREST (AFP) - a Roumanian who Sued God For “swindle” and “breach of trust”, in particular reproaching Him for not having answered his prayers, was débouté of his action by the Parquet floor of Timisoara (western), brought back Wednesday the daily newspaper Evenimentul Zilei. (Publicity) Mircea Pavel, 40 years, which purges a 20 years sorrow of prison for murder, had carried felt sorry for against “named God, domiciled with the skies and represented in Romania by the orthodoxe Church”, it showing of “swindle, breach of trust, corruption and trading of favours”. “At the time of my baptism, I concluded a contract with the defendant aiming at delivering me evil. However, up to now, this last did not honour this contract, although it received from my share various goods and many prayers”, wrote Mr. Pavel. The Parquet floor of Timisoara A however débouté of its complaint, estimating that “God is not a subject to law and does not have an address”.

Re: Romanian Convict Sues God For Breaking Baptismal Contract

The court in Timisoara, in western Romania, dismissed the case, ruling that "God is not subject to law and does not have an address."
    roflcopter