+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't make VNC work :(     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Can't make VNC work :(

Ok i installed VNC today on my PC (server) my goal is from school or from another PC to be able to connect to my Home PC.

So i went to my Router and wrote this

In port Fowarding i wrote Name : VNC Ports 5900 to 5902 (just incase) in TCP, Then wrote my Ip address (the private one) and checked enable then saved the config.

So my VNC says can't accept connection: So i went into the VNC config and changed 5900 to 5902, and now it does accept connection.

So i go from my other PC and try to connect, i write my IP adress (internal since they are in the same Network) and hit the password and says Authentification Failure.

I can't see the problem atm.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Which version of VNC are you using as the client and server. Are you trying to connect using the client or though java? I know the java port uses 5800 and the client uses 5900.

Also, are you using the free version with vista?

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Authentication Failure means just that, it's not permitting you to access it. The connection is being made successfully, but something's not right. Make sure both systems are running the same version of VNC, and try changing the password.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Possibly a firewall issue on the VNC server PC? Check windows firewall or any AV program you may have installed.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Last time I used VNC I had a problem with getting it to work behind networks (192.168.), and I called them to see if I could get it to work, and they said it will work fine if both PCs are behind the same network, but getting a PC outside of the netword coming it wont work. This was a couple years ago, so I dunno if they ever fixed it.

I use LogMeIn, but it's a pay service.