+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Backspace and delete key not working

I have an older Logitech G15 (blue LED's) that has had pretty much no problems in the past. The other day I noticed while playing an FPS that my backspace wasn't working. I tried looking around on google and got a few different things that could be wrong. I've tried to:

-Unplug keyboard and plug it back in on same USB slot.
    -Unplug keyboard and plug it back in on different USB slot.
    -Install latest drivers for the G15 (running XP).
    -In Device Manager, uninstalling keyboard drivers and scanning for updates to reinstall them.

Not sure what else could be wrong. I'll keep fiddling around with it.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Any reason to believe it isn't the actual hardware portion of the keyboard that has for whatever reason stopped working?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well when I noticed the problem, I did pop off the backspace key and pressed the button with a pen. As far as I can tell it's only the backspace and delete button not working.

Oh and I forgot to add to OP I tried to go into the G profiler and use the onscreen keyboard to set the G1 key as backspace and nothing. It wasn't recognizing the input at all.

Edit: And no like spills on it or anything. I kind of just noticed that it stopped working one day.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not that this really helps at all, but I also noticed today that my down arrow key as well as my equal key is not working. Not sure if this is all the keys malfunctioning I'm just starting to notice them.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

check and make sure none of your alt/ctrl/shift keys are sticking

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Both shift, control, and alt keys are all working fine.

Edit: ok just tested the delete and down arrow keys on my num pad and they both work, but the main keys don't.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So am I just screwed or what? I can't think of anything else to try to do to fix it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I've got one to sell you for 80$ shipped works/looks perfect.

I'd guess it might just be the keyboard going bad, it is after all an original and probably seen a good amount of use.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yea keyboard has served me well for the last 2 years. Honestly I've never used the LCD (keyboard shelf doesn't come out far enough to let it open) and I haven't played anything but FPS games since the salvage bans. Might just have to retire it and go with a cheap basic logitech or something.

I just find it weird that everything was perfectly fine and then like literally over night all these keys lost their functionality. It's not like they started choking and acting up, they went from perfectly fine to not working at all. =/ (had to copy and paste the equal sign from the wikipedia page >.>)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

That sucks, I mainly use my screen for Performance monitor/vent, because I don't do a whole lot with my PC, my girlfriend does but she has no idea what's going on anyways. I prefer my trusty laptop

PC is going to actually get some use when Champions online/Aion online come out. For a little while at least, and I am sure I'll wear it out when FFXIV comes out.