+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Salvage Route Trouble?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Salvage Route Trouble?

Im a bit confused on how to go about this, Im looking on wiki and its just not registering because first off how do you zone from area to area on the route.

Or w/e I just dont understand can anyone clarify this for me ?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

what are you talking about? lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Stand on a platform, wait for prompt, choose to go up.

ps. Not all wiki maps are complete.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

whatever you do, do not open the treasure chest at the beginning, 50% of the time it's a trap.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

/em checks if this is Newbie forum.

Nope.

Ok, whose account did you buy/steal or did you just suffer brain damage recently?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm gonna take a guess and say he thinks you move between different salvage zones all in one salvage run?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Wiki has "routes" for Salvage that take you through the 3 zones needed to get the 15/25/35 for certain pieces. For instance, "Route 1" is SSR (15) > BR (25) > AR (35) which will net you the pieces needed for Ares body/head, Skadi feet, Usu legs, Marduk hands, and Morri body/head.

It's much easier to see if you go to the wiki and scroll down to the Equipment/Route Summary. I think the OP is confused, thinking that you can jump salvage zones on the same route.

To the OP: you cannot change zones mid run to get other pieces on the same route, you would have to separate the 3 zones over 3 days and do it like that if you really wanted to follow the routes listed on wiki.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If you really~ wanted to, you could do all 3 zones in the same day, unless you live in/near JST. You could load a tag 2 days in advance, finish the first before JP midnight, get a new tag before JP midnight, do a 2nd run, and you'd be able to get one more tag after that.

5h+ salvage go!

I actually tried this once on a holiday, but people crapped out on me after the 2nd run >.>

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I dont care about being a newbie, im trying to improve my linkshell, so as a leader I need to know what im doing.

I did think that you could jump between zones and do it that way.

For example if I wanted to upgrade skadi legs, what type of route would I have to do over a series of days?

The "routes" explained on the wiki doesn't refer to a literal route a group must take while in Salvage. Each piece of equipment is Salvage is broken into 3 components (15, 25, 35) and each zone complements another in terms of drops as far as completing one whole piece goes.

Every lv.15 component in Silver Sea has a complementary lv.25 and lv.35 component in Bhaflau and Arrapago respectively, 15s in Bhaflau combine with 25s in Arrapago and 35s in Zhayolm, Arrapago 15s have 25s in Zhayolm and 35s in Silver Sea and, lastly, 15s in Zhayolm complement Silver Sea 25s and Bhaflau 35s.

For example, if you wanted to upgrade Skadi's Chausses, you would want to follow route 4 on the wiki: Njord's Trousers (15) from Bhaflau, Freyr's Trousers (25) from Arrapago and Freya's Trousers (35) from Zhayolm. With phenomenal luck, you could get all 3 pieces in 3 days doing each zone in sequence and getting the correct drop... but you ought to plan for the long term. (*'-')

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Zhero View Post
    I dont care about being a newbie, im trying to improve my linkshell, so as a leader I need to know what im doing.

For example if I wanted to upgrade skadi legs, what type of route would I have to do over a series of days?
    I use BG Wiki personally for salvage info. Its missing some info but the info it does have I feel has a better layout (and loads 200x faster)

Quote Originally Posted by Legs
    Zhayolm 5th N Poroggo Madame for 35 (spawned by 3x pathos clears)
    Arrapago Zone boss Armored Chariot for 25
    Bhaflau normal mobs for 15
    Quote Originally Posted by Feet
    Arrapago till mini-chariot (5th floor) drops the 35 feet
    Bhaflau till LBC (zone boss) drops the 25 feet
    Silver seas once to kill Dekka (2nd floor NW path) for the 100% drop on 15 feet

You would need to kill normal mobs in Bhaflau to get the 15, the Arrapago boss to get the 25, and the 5th floor Poroggo Madame in Zhaylom to get the 35. And just so its clear, that would be at least 3 separate runs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...ts/nashmau.png

Is it bad that I never realized this either?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    The "routes" explained on the wiki doesn't refer to a literal route a group must take while in Salvage. Each piece of equipment is Salvage is broken into 3 components (15, 25, 35) and each zone complements another in terms of drops as far as completing one whole piece goes.

Every lv.15 component in Silver Sea has a complementary lv.25 and lv.35 component in Bhaflau and Arrapago respectively, 15s in Bhaflau combine with 25s in Arrapago and 35s in Zhayolm, Arrapago 15s have 25s in Zhayolm and 35s in Silver Sea and, lastly, 15s in Zhayolm complement Silver Sea 25s and Bhaflau 35s.

For example, if you wanted to upgrade Skadi's Chausses, you would want to follow route 4 on the wiki: Njord's Trousers (15) from Bhaflau, Freyr's Trousers (25) from Arrapago and Freya's Trousers (35) from Zhayolm. With phenomenal luck, you could get all 3 pieces in 3 days doing each zone in sequence and getting the correct drop... but you ought to plan for the long term. (*'-')

The long term?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I don't mean to be mean, but you really shouldn't lead a salvage shell at this point without at least getting a little experience with another group first.

or reading the 300+ pages of information we've got on these forums at least

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

^This

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Amele View Post
    I don't mean to be mean, but you really shouldn't lead a salvage shell at this point without at least getting a little experience with another group first.

or reading the 300+ pages of information we've got on these forums at least
    Sorry, I cant do that, Im learn better with experience, yesterday we did better, but a bunch of my DDs Dc'ed but like I said we did better, and plus I have a few friends to teach me how to Farm, so theres nuthing wrong in that.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

which is why I suggested getting experience with someone else leading.

salvage isn't hard but it's a lot about discipline and speed and without some experience with a good group it's easy to wind up wasting time with 'bad' habits and once your group gets used to bad habits it'll be hard to break them. (believe me)

just knowing the routes isn't enough.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

but a bunch of my DDs Dc'ed
    Just out of curiousity how many people/what jobs do you go in with?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If all the members are all fellow newbies, nothing is wrong with leading a Salvage shell blindly if everyone does their part to contribute to the planning.

There were no other established salvage shells when my group started. Almost everything was trial and error + getting info from BG.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast