+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HDTV/PS3 Nab Issue     submit to reddit submit to twitter

[2012: Year of the Whore]
    BG Level

HDTV/PS3 Nab Issue

So I just bought my first HDTV.. a black friday special (32" Emerson 720p HDTV) that had semi-good reviews.

I haven't calibrated it yet (waiting to burn a DVD to calibrate) but my movies actually look really good after tweaking the displays abit. My only issue is when I play PS3 games. I notice when I move the character the whole screen seems to switch to a brighter (I guess anyways) color but once I stop moving the char. it reverts back to original color scheme. What causes this? It's extremely annoying..

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    So I just bought my first HDTV.. a black friday special (32" Emerson 720p HDTV) that had semi-good reviews.

I haven't calibrated it yet (waiting to burn a DVD to calibrate) but my movies actually look really good after tweaking the displays abit. My only issue is when I play PS3 games. I notice when I move the character the whole screen seems to switch to a brighter (I guess anyways) color but once I stop moving the char. it reverts back to original color scheme. What causes this? It's extremely annoying..
    You don't want to calibrate a screen you just bought, it takes time for the screen to properly break in. I would consider picking up a break in disk if you want to speed the process up. The disk will also reduce the chances of burn in, but seeing how it's an LCD I wouldn't loose any sleep over not doing it. What it sound like to me is burn in protection where it dims the screen to prevent images that remain static on it for too long from burning in. I would suggest if you plan to play a lot of games that have static content on the screen right away breaking in the screen for at least 100hrs before doing so. Screens are more likely to burn in during their first 100 hours then any other time in their life.